What's new

Are you married to your first cousin?

Cousin marriages increase chances of defects slightly...
If your children marry cousins again, chances for the next generation are increase slightly again...
And that is how after several generations one could consider cousin-marriages really dangerous..

However let's not forget it's all chances at the end of the day; and chances of defects exist even when people don't marry cousins or related people (albeit lower).

If someone wants to avoid such marriages, great.
If someone wants to marry cousins, great.
It's a choice, it's stupid criticising people because they married their cousins.

Also if you're Muslim, then please don't start comparing cousins with sisters, are they are not. It;s quite clear in the Quran who one is allowed to marry who is not.

After reading that one line i stopd reading further. Exactly and i am going to marry my cousin soon in sha ALLAH !!

Hey, happy marriage to you bro. Forget those that are against such marriages, there's a reason why they're not forbidden.

Anything allowed in Islam is A OK.

And Muslims are not the only people who marry their cousins. The British Royal family also marry their cousins, they seem OK to me.

I've seen kids of cousins perfectly normal, some are doctors, lawyers, and scientists here in USA. You can't tell them apart from those who have parents who are not cousins. I will not marry my cousin, but I want to marry someone 10 years younger than me :azn:

I've seen kids of cousins perfectly normal, some are doctors, lawyers, and scientists here in USA. You can't tell them apart from those who have parents who are not cousins. I will not marry my cousin, but I want to marry someone 10 years younger than me :azn:

Science proves that alot of things are simply wrong, yet they happen openly and with support. I'm talking about homosexuality.
Comparing something like cousin marriage, which only increases chances of defects in children slightly, to something like homosexuality which is guaranteed to reward you STDs...just lol :disagree:

Science proves that alot of things are simply wrong, yet they happen openly and with support. I'm talking about homosexuality.
Comparing something like cousin marriage, which only increases chances of defects in children slightly, to something like homosexuality which is guaranteed to reward you STDs...just lol :disagree:

When did science prove that homosexuality is "wrong"?:what:

Cousin marriages increase chances of defects slightly...
If your children marry cousins again, chances for the next generation are increase slightly again...
And that is how after several generations one could consider cousin-marriages really dangerous..

However let's not forget it's all chances at the end of the day; and chances of defects exist even when people don't marry cousins or related people (albeit lower).

If someone wants to avoid such marriages, great.
If someone wants to marry cousins, great.
It's a choice, it's stupid criticising people because they married their cousins.

Also if you're Muslim, then please don't start comparing cousins with sisters, are they are not. It;s quite clear in the Quran who one is allowed to marry who is not.

First of all if two cousins are healthy and they get marry to each others then their kids will be absolutely fine.If you marry your cousin don't mean your kids will have birth defects. We are talking about chances here. The risks of genetic abnormality for any child is about 3%. Marrying a first cousin adds only 1.7-2.8% to that 3% so the genetic factor is relatively very small :)

My parents chose someone for me, and she is a distant cousin. Even if it was a first cousin it would not matter to me.

In my family the guys are not even allowed to sit in the same room as the girls, even between cousins, so to us they are pretty much strangers.

Nah kar !!!

Oh...bhai isss keey logic kiya hai ?

Visiting this thread...This is what google ads is showing me :lol:

76529702.png

The British Royal family also marry their cousins, they seem OK to me.
Wrong example. Don't remember exact details, but there was something about Hemophilia in British Royal family, in my matric's biology text book.

Back
Top Bottom