What's new

Are you Eligible for Marriage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So here’s the deal- to work in society for jobs as a Teacher, Nurse, Doctor, Engineer, Researcher, possibly Cake Decorator or even Mechanic (at least in developed nations) you either need a degree, diploma or certificate. Agree? And then how good you are at your job comes down to your own investment, interest, drive, personality, social company and career counseling.

To earn a decent and respectable living, our families, nuclear and extended, stress on investing towards a career or “studying”. The thought process is that once you achieve the “required” qualifications, you will land a good earning job, which will eventually skyrocket you to stackable wealth and infinite purchasing power. Hence you shall live an amazing life.

Simultaneously, society expects you to get married and have children, in the process of achieving this amazing life. What is the importance of getting married? Just because it is part of life and because somehow chances of it happening are inversely related to your age (for females) but positively related for males. But what do you need to get married and have children? Just a companion, almost any would do at times or someone who possesses a rather impossible list of human traits.

Hmmm, if marriage and children are part of leading such an amazing life- why don’t we hold it to the same credentials as coveted careers and jobs? Instead of throwing young uneducated adults into a life long situation with a psychologically imposed no-quits option, why don’t we demand the same certification, diploma and degree level understanding?

How many of our Muslim young adults know why they are getting married? The rights and responsibilities of the spouse? How to choose their spouse? Sunnah of marriage ceremonies? Why have children? Rights and responsibilities of children and vice versa of parents? All these questions and their answers are not related to age nor wealth nor personality.

As is the basic right of individual’s to education, it is each individual’s basic right, as part of the Muslim Ummah, to be educated about marriage and its importance.

I dream of marriages to come about after extensive training and understanding- not only will that solve most grievances post-marriage, but better upbringing of our future Muslim youth.

I propose our masjids/Islamic schools to hold multiple courses of the following structured “certification” before marriage.

1. Importance of marriage in Islam and why?
2. Eligibility for marriage.
3. Rights and responsibilities in marriage of spouse and respective in-laws
4. How to choose a spouse? Dealing with a marriage proposal- handling expectations
5. Marriage contract- nikkah and its understanding- placing trust in Allah swt?
6. Sunnah of marriage ceremonies- stories from the Prophet pbuh and Ansar
7. What is marriage like? Working on your marriage and its barakah
8. Why have children? As blessings and Sadqah Jarriyah
9. Rights of children and parents’ rights on them
10. How to nurture and raise children- Importance of raising children for society and in the eyes of Allah swt.

Perhaps after this could be certified, marriage should be allowed in the first place.
TheNews Blog » Are you Eligible for Marriage? @Aeronaut

@ZYXW paaro

:rofl: :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
i am 18...... But i feel shouldnt i complete the studies first?
no i get married studies can be completed after marriage delay can result in you landing in fitna

no i get married studies can be completed after marriage delay can result in you landing in fitna
@Zarvan the age is not the only factor...

Islam has listed OTHER criteria such as economical stability, both parties agreeing, being sane (rare quality this days) and so on :coffee:

Allah has saved me from fitna uptil now.

Btw isnt it required in Islam to be economicaly stable before marriage?

if parents can afford they should make sure and than society should the effort to make people get married soon

@Zarvan the age is not the only factor...

Islam has listed OTHER criteria such as economical stability, both parties agreeing, being sane (rare quality this days) and so on :coffee:
so on?

Btw are these cumpulsory according to sharia?

if parents can afford they should make sure and than society should the effort to make people get married soon
in context of pakistan what do you say?

so on?

in context of pakistan what do you say?
specially in case of Pakistan they should do this

so on?

@Alpha1 Shariah can only guide you rest is your choice....

You wont be come less Muslim....though great importance is given to marriage....There are other obstacles in today's world....esp where the people are less Muslims and instead of following certain stuff are more materialistic than they were a few 100 yrs back...

Today people care about Jahayz....Marriage should be extravagance..I suggest listening to the number of lectures on marriage by Nouman Ali Khan....I like the following 1 as it is funny PART but I only have it in Youtube:

@Rusty for you too ;)

but the fact is that society isnt doing that effort!
@Alpha1 Society is made up of people....AGAIN....if everyone gives the excuse of "society" NO ONE will be following the real thing...everyone will be following society who is made up of PEOPLE....so from deity to people then you complain such laws dont apply and whatnot...

When will people learn WHO CARES WHAT SOCIETY SAYS and do their part?!

ALLAH will ask YOU and if your answer is SOCIETY it is still YOU who will be punished for not using your head....

@Alpha1 Shariah can only guide you rest is your choice....
rarely the case-

You wont be come less Muslim....though great importance is given to marriage....There are other obstacles in today's world....esp where the people are less Muslims and instead of following certain stuff are more materialistic than they were a few 100 yrs back...

Today people care about Jahayz....Marriage should be extravagance..
SADLY, yes but not my case
I suggest listening to the number of lectures on marriage by Nouman Ali Khan....I like the following 1 as it is funny PART but I only have it in Youtube:

@Rusty for you too ;)
AWWW. .. Anyways il save it.

@Alpha1 Society is made up of people....AGAIN....if everyone gives the excuse of "society" NO ONE will be following the real thing...everyone will be following society who is made up of PEOPLE....so from deity to people then you complain such laws dont apply and whatnot...

When will people learn WHO CARES WHAT SOCIETY SAYS and do their part?!

ALLAH will ask YOU and if your answer is SOCIETY it is still YOU who will be punished for not using your head....
platinum words :pakistan: totaly agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom