What's new

Are you Eligible for Marriage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I propose our masjids/Islamic schools to hold multiple courses of the following structured “certification” before marriage.

1. Importance of marriage in Islam and why?
2. Eligibility for marriage.
3. Rights and responsibilities in marriage of spouse and respective in-laws
4. How to choose a spouse? Dealing with a marriage proposal- handling expectations
5. Marriage contract- nikkah and its understanding- placing trust in Allah swt?
6. Sunnah of marriage ceremonies- stories from the Prophet pbuh and Ansar
7. What is marriage like? Working on your marriage and its barakah
8. Why have children? As blessings and Sadqah Jarriyah
9. Rights of children and parents’ rights on them
10. How to nurture and raise children- Importance of raising children for society and in the eyes of Allah swt.

Perhaps after this could be certified, marriage should be allowed in the first place.

Two questions provide the answers to most marriages:

1. Is the boy having a good job and pay? Munda kerda kee hey?
2. Is the girl young and fair? Kuri kinni sohni hey?

Done.

I fail at these questions, so NO. Sadly.

Sir jeee mein kehtaa hunnn choroooo parahiii wagheraaa - Mein Butt aur aaap Honorary Butt - Lets open a Pakistani Deli in Canada ! :azn:

Achaaa jokes aside - Yaraa achaa bhalaaa bandaa tou haiii tuuu....kiyaa ho giyaa haiii ? Why so depressed ? :what:

Sir jeee mein kehtaa hunnn choroooo parahiii wagheraaa - Mein Butt aur aaap Honorary Butt - Lets open a Pakistani Deli in Canada ! :azn:

Achaaa jokes aside - Yaraa achaa bhalaaa bandaa tou haiii tuuu....kiyaa ho giyaa haiii ? Why so depressed ? :what:

Bus yaara, phans gaya hun, that is all. Once I get my parhai sorted out and get a proper job, things will improve inshallah. Doing odd jobs is no fun.

A person should indulge in marriage/slavery only when he has a decent economic background

I dream of marriages to come about after extensive training and understanding- not only will that solve most grievances post-marriage, but better upbringing of our future Muslim youth.

You can't find or prepare for love with extensive training, nor is love something that you can understand ie rationalize. You can find love only by trial and error and even then it might not be for life.

btw i've seen a couple of interviews with old couples, when asked what is the secret to a long lasting marriage (50+ yrs) the man always told "Saying yes".

Kinda depressing.....:undecided:

You can't find or prepare for love with extensive training, nor is love something that you can understand ie rationalize. You can find love only by trial and error and even then it might not be for life.

btw i've seen a couple of interviews with old couples, when asked what is the secret to a long lasting marriage (50+ yrs) the man always told "Saying yes".

Kinda depressing.....:undecided:

:rofl: the noble species: yes men?!

Well guys...one thing...is most prominent and important...Infact,I should say THAT IT IS NECESSARY...while looking for your spouse,you should keep one thing in your mind that she/he should be of Strong Character.....
if your spouse is not...then your generations are gonna doom...:hitwall:

@Zarvan what is the appropriate age to marry?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom