What's new

Are you a Vegetarian?

Are You a Vegetarian?

• Total voters
any time bro be my guest , since you are near the in asia/pacefic area
did you try duck on rice oh i love it trust its a must plus malaysian/thai food is heaven

You mean this,

dsc00094-500x375.jpg

Yes I have, kinda my staple food:lol:. I love the crispy skin:confused:

All Gosht Khor's of PDF,BEWARE:

As more and more studies are coming up about the detrimental aspects of non vegetarian food.The following points list the demerits as well as ways you can circumvent the harmful effects.

1. Non Vegetarian foods are fibreless: The roughage portion is missing in non vegetarian diets, therefore one should make a conscious effort to eat foods high in roughage. The foods high in roughage (insoluble fiber) are wheat bran, whole cereals like brown rice. Oat fiber is particularly beneficial for cardiac cholesterol related disorders. Oats have soluble fiber which dissolves in the body fluids and helps the body to decrease the cholesterol buildup.

2. Non Vegetarian foods are high in cholesterol: Since non vegetarian foods contain cholesterol, it is important to avoid other foods which can have additive affect on the cholesterol, like dairy products, particularly cheese. Besides these, one must avoid foods which have trans-fatty acids.

3. Non Vegetarian foods which are processed and preserved may contain high amounts of chemicals. Therefore, it is important to limit the quantity of non vegetarian food products which may contain preservatives.

4. Non Vegetarian foods are devoid of many vitamins. To keep up a healthy level of Vitamin B complex and Vitamin C, it is important to eat fruits and vegetables in adequate quantities to prevent any deficiency from coming up. Fruits should be eaten in their natural state and drinking packed juices is not the solution. Similar is the case with eating vegetables destroyed by deep frying beyond recognition.

5. Non vegetarians need strong digestive enzymes to be able to digest proteins. Hence, it is important to include sources of natural digestive enzymes in the diet to help the body keep its digestive capability high. Foods rich in enzymes are raw papaya (can be eaten as a salad) - rich in enzyme papain; pineapple - rich in the enzyme bromelene, and basic salads which are rich in natural enzymes.

6. Many authorities claim that people should be cautious while consuming fish found near industrial zones as they may be toxic.

7. Red meat should be consumed sparingly if you have increased incidence of hypertension and heart problems. Once a week, detox by eating fruits, sprouts, vegetable juices, salads and non-roasted nuts.

I do consume non veg including red meat but not more than 4-5 times a month.One should restrict himself to non veg food to a maximum of twice a week.

twice a week???? don't be crazy yaara...!

stop this RAW propaganda :P

Propaganda?:undecided:

Table 1. Cholesterol in USA Vegans
Vegan Lacto-Ovo Non-Veg
146.4 177.3 194.2

Relative Risk of High Blood Pressure in AHS-2 (2009):

Non-Veg 1.00
Semi-Veg .77 (.72-.82)
Pesco .62 (.59-.66)
Lacto-Ovo .45 (.44-.47)
Vegan .25 (.22-.28)

i dont get it...!! whats wrong thith you guys ? this thread was started was started to show merits of veg food over non veg food not the other way around & you have turnd it into like i can eat anything & a bit offtopic how can i start a new thread & hope you guys join in thanks.

South indian food is said to be more vegetarian oriented....very spicy too.

South indian food is said to be more vegetarian oriented....very spicy too.

Yes and no. It depends on where you go. In Karnataka and parts of Tamil Nadu it's mostly vegetarian but head further South, to Kerela and it's mostly meat and seafood.

But yeah, it's all very spicy.

^^ and on a leaf too :D-

Don't be so ignorant, it's only for special occasions. Weddings and such...

Don't be so ignorant, it's only for special occasions. Weddings and such...

Ironically- earlier in the day- i was just talking to my Hyderabadi friend about south indian food- he said its a conservative tradition- not specific to special occasions-

Ironically- earlier in the day- i was just talking to my Hyderabadi friend about south indian food- he said its a conservative tradition- not specific to special occasions-

Those days are long gone my dear, now its relegated to special occassions only (like festivals and others like say doing karma for the dead etc). I am from Andhra and from Brahmin community and i say this long long experience in, eating :D

i really love andra veg food which they serve with rice . i loke rice over roties & love to eat hot rice with bare hands it feels a lot more flavourfull & a lot more satisfying thanks.

i really love andra veg food which they serve with rice . i loke rice over roties & love to eat hot rice with bare hands it feels a lot more flavourfull & a lot more satisfying thanks.

Do u like our "pachhadi" or chutney's ?? Too hot and spicy for those who aren't used to it.

Do u like our "pachhadi" or chutney's ?? Too hot and spicy for those who aren't used to it.
well sir i dont know the names but they have many types of them which are complinented by ghee ,gunpowder and 4 types of aachaars i just love them too bad they dont serve beer withit..!man you have made me so hungry ...darn.

Back
Top Bottom