What's new

Are Turks Middle Eastern or White European people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are Mongolian and Turkish related? If so how much?
Mughals were/are Turko-mongol.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turco-Mongol

1100px-Asia_in_1335.svg.png

Names of Turkish actors and actresses. Sound very western.

Kıvanç Tatlıtuğ, Çağatay Ulusoy, Bergüzar Korel, Kenan İmirzalıoğlu, Engin Akyürek, Serenay Sarikaya,
Tolgahan Sayışman, Buğra Gülsoy, Ezgi Asaroğlu.

Mate these are Turkic names, the first name of the second person in your list is Chagatay. The most famous chagatai in the world was the son of Genghis whose descendants include the Mughals of South Asia.

I'm talking more about the language specifically. Like say how much common Mongolian would a Turk understand and vice versa....or is it a case of related languages but totally not understandable.
I know my Turkish friend can get some of the Urdu terms I use to say. Since Urdu is formed during Mughal's and have Turkish touch to it. Rest idk about mongolian to modern day Turkish.

I'm talking more about the language specifically. Like say how much common Mongolian would a Turk understand and vice versa....or is it a case of related languages but totally not understandable.

Both belong to the Altaic group of languages and Turkic and Mongolian languages are like cousins. Turkic tribes like Karluks and Uyghurs were part of the Mongol army/confederation.

Both belong to the Altaic group of languages and Turkic and Mongolian languages are like cousins.

Yes but I'm wondering about mutual intelligibility (how much can speakers understand each other)

Like Hungarian and Finnish are from same language family but not so intelligible with each other.....whereas say Tamil and Malayalam....if you know one you can follow the other quite easily....similar to the case in Scandinavian languages.

We are not that white....like ghost white...like Russians.
The term 'White' is not always used to denote vampire like complexion but rather some specific facial features.

More like Greeks and Italians...and we don't consider ourselves as white people. We are just Turks.
That's very noble to be honest.

I have personally travelled in turkey extensively. As with most nation it has a mixture of people.

It is not possible to generalise turkey racially. I have seen a few blond blue eyed Turks. I have seen many Turks who are fair skinned and in distinguishable from any mid-european as I have seen many Turks who are slightly more tanned, dark hair and are indistinguishable from southern Europeans.

There are many Turks with mongoloid features and there are also Turks who are dark enough to be from anywhere in the subcontinent.

Turks come in a rainbow of colours. I do not understand the purpose of the thread. Race is not a geographical indicator.

I know my Turkish friend can get some of the Urdu terms I use to say. Since Urdu is formed during Mughal's and have Turkish touch to it. Rest idk about mongolian to modern day Turkish.

Well even Tamil has loan words from Arabic, Turkish and others too through various cultural contacts and has influenced others vocab (words like Rice, Catamaran, Orange in English)...but there is a difference for me between a few vocab words here and there and actual grammar and body of the languages being understandable.

Like lots of people here in Canada know a reasonable amount of French vocabulary (since French is also an official language) but they don't really know the "meat" of the French language to hold a sustained conversation in French.

Yes but I'm wondering about mutual intelligibility (how much can speakers understand each other)

Like Hungarian and Finnish are from same language family but not so intelligible with each other.....whereas say Tamil and Malayalam....if you know one you can follow the other quite easily....similar to the case in Scandinavian languages.

My guess would be something like Finnish and Hungarian yes, or perhaps German and English. Still again only a Turk would be able to answer that question best.

Turkey (Ottoman Empire) is East Rome, EU is West Rome, UK is UK... There is no somewhere with the name Middle East, North Africa, South East Europe or Crimea. They are a part of East Roman land. Any other question...?

There is only Human Race, there are not other races. Adaptation doesnt create new race. Culturally Turks are Asian, most of the language also has Asian elements than European.

The original Turk were from Mongolia,pure yellow.

Yes but we are talking about Turkish people, people from Turkey and not what the original Turks were.

Turkish is an Oğuz Turkic language, most similar to Turkmen and Azerbaijani languages.

And why do Turkish people have to either be Europeans or be Middle Easterners? They are related to other people around Anatolia, such as Armenians, Georgians, Greeks, Turkmens etc. And btw, Middle Eastern people arent all the same and can look quite different, Levantines look different than Peninsular Hejazi Arabs, Gulf Arabs look different than Iranians etc.

CfwxgCBXIAEr4Uk.jpg

The pic above is called Turan Geography.

In this geography A few things might be different, but we come from the same root, language, heritage.

In the world at the moment there is no nation like Turks in this respect. Any one thinks otherwise has to show me another map that is similar to the one above.

I am not Takfeeri extremist. I am just saying Turks are more White European than Middle eastern. In middle east its unimaginable for Muslim girls to wear shorts and western revealing clothes. They mostly wear Burqa and black chador or hijab.

I have stayed in U.A.E for 2 years and had lot of arab friends. They told me many times that when ever they go for holiday in Europe they dress themselves so shameless. Girls use to wear short skirt and tight t-shirt. Even when any ARAB from KSA visit Dubai they dress as if they hate Burkha. I have seen lots of Arab girls of KSA wearing jeans and shorts in Dubai mall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom