What's new

Are Pashtuns descendents of lost tribes of Israel?

Aren't people who have last names 'sheikh' those who were once hindus? the converted ones now?

Not sure. I'm not that aware of Muslim practices in South Asia.

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

correct. But according to some of my ancestors we were buddhists not hindus. My grandpa and his brothers were the first ones to start the kashmiri movement. Some of his brothers and friends hijacked an indian plane to go to Pakistan. They later formed the Kashmir liberation Front. the others side were almost all doctors serving in the British Army and later Pak army.

It's possible that they were Buddhist but I'm positive most Kashmiri Muslims descend from Kashmiri Pandits who are/were overwhelmingly Hindu.

So how did west punjabis like kamran akmal or injamam ul haq etc manage to look like what they look like without mixing with UP dalit?

inzamam ul huq the cricketer is ethnically Indian but culturally Punjabi. Im not sure about Kamran Akmal

---------- Post added at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 AM ----------

Not sure. I'm not that aware of Muslim practices in South Asia.

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

It's possible that they were Buddhist but I'm positive most Kashmiri Muslims descend from Kashmiri Pandits who are/were overwhelmingly Hindu.

Are you sure you are an American cuz i haven't seen a lot of Americans with this kind of general knowledge. :woot:

I don't think most kashmiris were pandits or hindus cuz if u look now they are just a few percent of the whole Kashmir population.

Are you sure you are an American cuz i haven't seen a lot of Americans with this kind of general knowledge.

He's from East Punjab, probably a Khalsa.

Yeah cuz he replied something to me about Indian Punjabis and he also says that doesn't know much about muslim punjabis. Its a mystery...

---------- Post added at 01:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

Usually when Indians come to North America they start saying that they are either Canadian or American.

Yeah cuz he replied something to me about Indian Punjabis and he also says that doesn't know much about muslim punjabis. Its a mystery...

---------- Post added at 01:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

Usually when Indians come to North America they start saying that they are either Canadian or American.

You could of just asked what I was if you guys were that curious. Yes, I'm a Punjabi American. I don't identify as Indian as I've never been there and have been only raised in Punjabi culture. I was also raised with neutrality toward India or that kind of grew upon me. I rarely mention though I'm Punjabi as I identify as American first before my ethnicity.

Also, I wouldn't know what Indian immigrants call themselves when they move here. They probably considers themselves American or Canadian as they become more westernized. I was born and raised here so I wouldn't know.

I was raised Sikh but I'm agnostic so I don't identify as Sikh. :undecided:

Sorry for changing the topic so drastically anyways. Pretty sure this thread doesn't even belong in current events and social issues.

LMAO!! i have a friend of mine. A sikh, and he says exactly the same thing. Now my question to you is do you believe in science?

inzamam ul huq the cricketer is ethnically Indian but culturally Punjabi. Im not sure about Kamran Akmal

---------- Post added at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 AM ----------

Are you sure you are an American cuz i haven't seen a lot of Americans with this kind of general knowledge. :woot:

I don't think most kashmiris were pandits or hindus cuz if u look now they are just a few percent of the whole Kashmir population.

Ethnically indian as in? Is he a mohajir?

LMAO!! i have a friend of mine same as you and he says exactly the same thing. Now my question to you is do you believe in science?

Yes, I believe in evolution, possibly the bing bang theory, etc.

yes inzamam is a mohair.

---------- Post added at 01:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 AM ----------

:rofl::rofl: i knew it. Are you like studying in science or something similar like that? and where about in canada were you born? sorry for change in topic

Well, I was born in Canada to a Canadian father and American mother so yes I'm American. I've been raised in the U.S. almost all my life though.

They are a small percentage now but I'm sure they used to be the majority before Kashmiris converted to Islam.

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

yes inzamam is a mohair.

---------- Post added at 01:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 AM ----------

:rofl::rofl: i knew it. Are you like studying in science or something similar like that?

---------- Post added at 01:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 AM ----------

:rofl::rofl: i knew it. Are you like studying in science or something similar like that?

I'm in university but not studying any type of science whether biological, physics, chemistry, etc.

Well google says he was born in Lahore and Saraiki .

packed-train-pakistan.jpg

^Are all those people Mohajir as well?

Well google says he was born in Lahore and Saraiki .

packed-train-pakistan.jpg

^Are all those people Mohajir as well?

He very well could be a Mohajir but only Pakistanis would know for certain. About the train, I'm not sure. That picture is not from partition is it?

Back
Top Bottom