What's new

Are Pakistanis far sighted?

Chakar The Great

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ghazala Wahab is executive editor, FORCE, where she writes on homeland security, terrorism, Jammu and Kashmir, left-wing extremism and religious extremism, and contributes a column, First Person. She contributed a chapter on the changing profile of terrorism in Jammu and Kashmir in the book Operation Parakram: The War Unfinished. A career journalist, Ghazala has worked with The Telegraph and Asian Age.

She asks a serious question. Is it true that Pakistanis are far sighted??? From developing nuclear weapons to defeating Russia in Afghanistan and now becoming a centre stage in the region after US evacuated Afghanistan.

Ghazala Wahab is executive editor, FORCE, where she writes on homeland security, terrorism, Jammu and Kashmir, left-wing extremism and religious extremism, and contributes a column, First Person. She contributed a chapter on the changing profile of terrorism in Jammu and Kashmir in the book Operation Parakram: The War Unfinished. A career journalist, Ghazala has worked with The Telegraph and Asian Age.

She asks a serious question. Is it true that Pakistanis are far sighted??? From developing nuclear weapons to defeating Russia in Afghanistan and now becoming a centre stage in the region after US evacuated Afghanistan.

Educated/Intelligent Pakistanis generally are. But not all Pakistanis.

Educated/Intelligent Pakistanis generally are. But not all Pakistanis.

Ofcourse cant be expected from all.

But I have noticed that generally they are patient. Talking about people at the top level.

I am sure Indians are as intelligent as Pakistanis, but have often seen them getting impatient and anxious quite quickly. They do portray themselves some one who they are not. They have this immense need for external validation. It all stems from low self esteem and unsure of themselves, perhaps degree of uncertinity.

Depends on how you look at it, spin it

If our economy crosses 20,000 per Capita dollars only than will I give em this credit (not in this generation maybe some generation down the line)

Everything you are doing is to protect nations intrests, security, long term stability and than thier economic well being

Cause at the end of the day you want your people to be rich, but for that to happen you need to look at other issues too for the long term stability of the country

So I can see the argument of protecting the national intrests for the long term before launching

But for how long would you do that for?, What are the parameters of it?, Can you do both at the same time?, Have you created a stable system?

Depends on how you look at it, spin it

If our economy crosses 20,000 per Capita dollars only than will I give em this credit (not in this generation maybe some generation down the line)

Everything you are doing is to protect nations intrests, security, long term stability and than thier economic well being

Cause at the end of the day you want your people to be rich, but for that to happen you need to look at other issues too for the long term stability of the country

Well from inception Pakistan had numerous challenges. You cant expect things to be perfected. Mistakes were made, country was looted, martial laws and corruption didnt help either. I dont want go into details and make it sound boring.

But 75 years down the line, Pakistan has survived and is stronger than ever.

I would say yes.. A Pakistani ISI is as quick witted as a pick-pocketing thief and you can't out-do a pick-pocketing thief in the intelligence sphere hence ISI still remains worlds best intelligence agency..

But the Pakistani politics can be so confusing that some times even they don't know where they are heading because different politicians have counter opinions and takes perhaps this is on purpose to create confusion but whatever it is it works but nonetheless ISI is the backbone of setting things in motion

Ofcourse cant be expected from all.

But I have noticed that generally they are patient. Talking about people at the top level.

I am sure Indians are as intelligent as Pakistanis, but have often seen them getting impatient and anxious quite quickly. They do portray themselves some one who they are not. They have this immense need for external validation. It all stems from low self esteem and unsure of themselves, perhaps degree of uncertinity.

Also, indians find it difficult to accept reality. If something doesn't conform to their beliefs or doesn't make them look good than an indian will never accept it and they will become very defensive. For whatever reason, indians feel the need to be continuously praised. Have no idea why that is. By and large, Pakistanis are not like that. We accept the truth even if it is not in our favour. In fact Pakistanis are very self-critical. indians are different to the rest of humanity. They are a species within a species.

Last edited:
Growing up we often use to read articles " Pakistan is a failing state". Haven't read that in a while. I visited Balochistan in early 2000, just before American invasion of Afghanistan. Half of the people didnt even speak Urdu.

In my recent trip to Balochistan, every one was speaking Urdu in fact people had little English. I was able to communicate with them on cricket, politics, CPEC, Afghanistan. The credit for that goes to electronic media. Which has united the country and any where you go in Pakistan, you are able to relate things. Something unimaginable 30 years ago.

I would say yes.. A Pakistani ISI is as quick witted as a pick-pocketing thief and you can't out-do a pick-pocketing thief in the intelligence sphere hence ISI still remains worlds best intelligence agency..

But the Pakistani politics can be so confusing that some times even they don't know where they are heading because different politicians have counter opinions and takes perhaps this is on purpose to create confusion but whatever it is it works but nonetheless ISI is the backbone of setting things in motion

That is because until very recently bar a few exceptions, Pakistan was probably one of only 5 nations on earth where it's political establishment attracted the country's lowest forms rather than it's best.

Growing up we often use to read articles " Pakistan is a failing state". Haven't read that in a while. I visited Balochistan in early 2000, just before American invasion of Afghanistan. Half of the people didnt even speak Urdu.

In my recent trip to Balochistan, every one was speaking Urdu in fact people had little English. I was able to communicate with them on cricket, politics, CPEC, Afghanistan. The credit for that goes to electronic media. Which has united the country and any where you go in Pakistan, you are able to relate things. Something unimaginable 30 years ago.

We are failed state. We failed to become american/neocon slaves. Instead our little babies and proxies humiliated and kicked them out of Afghanistan. Khuda Hafiz. Don't come back.

My naive observations about the Pak Deep State:
It has the support of the Pak Deep Nation
It is secretive
It is patient
It is intelligent
It can see the big picture
It is not that good with finances
It is more tolerant than necessary
It is too much cautious that sometime undermines Pak’s interests
Etc.

I remember that 2009 was the worst of it all

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom