What's new

Are Pakistanis far sighted?

You have some very good points. One thing that I would like to add is, Indians I have met in real life and more so on the internet are delusional about their own country and underestimate others, especially Pakistan. They have made progress, no doubt about that, but they are no where close to the self image they have. They accuse us of military worship but they are themselves biggest military worshippers--and this is a recent phenomenon. Its their media that is the main culprit that promotes this culture.

And this over confidence makes them blind. Imagine if, God forbid, IK had messed up COVID handling like Modi did? Pakistanis would have ripped him apart and sent him packing. Or the surgical strike thing, that would have caused major issues for our sitting Government.

Us Pakistanis? We expect too little from our Government. We are pessimists in geopolitics and economics. And result is that we have achieved very little. That's the reason why a non-significant % of our population is happy with Nawaz, Zardari, Fazlu etc.

This Afghan Taliban thing is just the first battle of a long war. War to get peace on all of our borders and move towards prosperity. Kashmir needs to get resolved. Iran has to make peace with their enemies. Trade has to start in all directions. This is the end game here.

Yeah of course. We are superhumans. Our army is no 1. Our agencies are no 1. And now we all are no 1(please exclude me from that).
I wonder, if we are no 1 in everything, why people in our country are struggling for basic necessities?
Jag jao beta, or kam pe Lago shabash. 😁

Hell yeah brother, Pakistani woh qoum hai jo CD-70 pe one wheeling kerte hue dosri road pe chalne wali mehran mai bethi aunty ke dupattay darwaze mai ane ka bhi notice ker lete hai... how more far sighted you want ? :D

Ghazala Wahab is executive editor, FORCE, where she writes on homeland security, terrorism, Jammu and Kashmir, left-wing extremism and religious extremism, and contributes a column, First Person. She contributed a chapter on the changing profile of terrorism in Jammu and Kashmir in the book Operation Parakram: The War Unfinished. A career journalist, Ghazala has worked with The Telegraph and Asian Age.

She asks a serious question. Is it true that Pakistanis are far sighted??? From developing nuclear weapons to defeating Russia in Afghanistan and now becoming a centre stage in the region after US evacuated Afghanistan.

Generally, Pakistanis are, but you can safely exclude the ones who had stunted growth and are still happy to be the slaves of the absconders.

Growing up we often use to read articles " Pakistan is a failing state". Haven't read that in a while. I visited Balochistan in early 2000, just before American invasion of Afghanistan. Half of the people didnt even speak Urdu.

In my recent trip to Balochistan, every one was speaking Urdu in fact people had little English. I was able to communicate with them on cricket, politics, CPEC, Afghanistan. The credit for that goes to electronic media. Which has united the country and any where you go in Pakistan, you are able to relate things. Something unimaginable 30 years ago.

That's true. Here is a thing from a decade ago.

Pakistanis are the most resilient nation and we have proved it again and again.

Ghazala Wahab is executive editor, FORCE, where she writes on homeland security, terrorism, Jammu and Kashmir, left-wing extremism and religious extremism, and contributes a column, First Person. She contributed a chapter on the changing profile of terrorism in Jammu and Kashmir in the book Operation Parakram: The War Unfinished. A career journalist, Ghazala has worked with The Telegraph and Asian Age.

She asks a serious question. Is it true that Pakistanis are far sighted??? From developing nuclear weapons to defeating Russia in Afghanistan and now becoming a centre stage in the region after US evacuated Afghanistan.

Pakistanis indivdually.. no..

Pakistan military establishment Yes... the have done well.

My naive observations about the Pak Deep State:
It has the support of the Pak Deep Nation
It is secretive
It is patient
It is intelligent
It can see the big picture
It is not that good with finances
It is more tolerant than necessary
It is too much cautious that sometime undermines Pak’s interests
Etc.
Let me answer you in simple terms biggest issue is the society itself not politicians, not military as everyone comes from the same society, Unless People actually wanna change themselves nothing will happen.
Its Corrupt and rotten at its core, the more i look into our societies the scared i get, as older civilization were destroyed for lot less they usually had one big problem we have all, only thing is saving us is Prayers of our prophet and love of Allah for our prophet.( P.B.U.H)

I can promise you this majority of these schemes are not ISI's or Pakistani deep states scheme they have none
its Allahs will forcing some benefit for his people, we have abandoned Allah but he hasnt abandoned us, so even with everything going against us You See some Khayr for muslims.

A broken clock is right twice a day. I don't want to sound really pessimistic, but there are so many examples of short sightedness and reactive behaviour by our governments, wider society and even military and security forces - i just don't buy it.

I think we're good with understanding Afghanistan because we have so much experience.

Ghazala Wahab is executive editor, FORCE, where she writes on homeland security, terrorism, Jammu and Kashmir, left-wing extremism and religious extremism

Ghazala Wahab is pretty. As a Communist I would really like to discuss her with about this "left-wing extremism" she is talking about.

ghazala-wahab.png

Looking at the general intelligence of Indians, the lower than Pakistanis IQ, looks plausible, just a wee bit more.

And India policy makers lost the far sightedness, due to the xenophobia against Pakistan, the hatred has made them devoid of any intelligence, the blind hatred and demonization of Pakistan in India has helped Pakistan greatly...

Pakistanis have more patience and this is a sign of intelligence?Indians are more impulsive and shortsigted.

Don't know how much of this is true...but looking at the juvenile, simpleton like comments of Indians in social media, this looks true.

Last edited:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom