What's new

ARDE develops final version of modern carbine

and what about Trichy Assault Rifle

Trichy Assault Rifle

rifle-tfb.jpg

TIRUCHI: The Ordnance Factory of Tiruchi (OFT) has designed and developed an indigenous assault rifle matching the specifications of the AK47.

“When put into use by our armed forces and other security agencies, the rifle will be recognized as pride of India. It has been indigenously developed and has all the features of AK-47,” said A K Prabhakar, OFT general manager, in an interaction with reporters on the sidelines of OFT Day celebrations. OFT, one among 41 such factories in the country, was established 45 years ago on the outskirts of the city.

To mark the contribution of the Tiruchi factory in developing the rifle, officials have decided to christen it “Trichy Assault Rifle,” Prabhakar said. Field trials have been done for the 7.62mm caliber rifle with a range of 400 metres. “The rifle has been successfully tried by the Indian Army,” Prabhakar said. It features a foldable butt and boasts of night vision device besides telescopic day vision system.

^^Members at MP suggested that "It(TrichyAR) was a mutilated copy of the G3".....:lol:

and what about Trichy Assault Rifle

I pray that it comes out as fast as possible. Hopefully Gen. Singh is a bit more saner than Gen. Kapoor who was nothing but a Conee puppet. I hope to see better induction of these current generation weapons faster. Trichy AR doesn't seem like an F-INSAS rifle but more like an intermediate gap between that and the FINSAS weapon.

@LIQUID is it some kind of a joke what exactly is the difference between the pictures I posted and the ones which you gave.
The first pic which I gave was was when the rifle was officially released or the first unveil and the next 2 are the pic of DEFEXPO.

So, that makes the difference between both the pics.

Dude, it's not much of a difference, but they did give it a face lift and "ergonomics were improved, boosting its export potential".. I expect the some little changes for the "final version of the modern sub-machine carbine"..

albums_e324_romypaliwal_INSASCarbine.jpg

4367071433_b4ea70c771.jpg

Honestly with the types of Submachine Guns coming out today like the Kriss/Vector. This gun design looks awful. It doesn't even look to compact. The only thing that seems good on it is that it may be good for its price, but compared to the new Submachine gun design it doesn't satisfy me. Hopefully it will to the IA. If this is a regular infantry weapon it's decent but for SFs of India it's not. They deserve something much better and of higher quality. The Trich rifle looks nice though. But again I'm basing this on the design looks, so feel free to disagree.

Look at this video

[video]<embed src="http://www.ebaumsworld.com/player.swf" allowScriptAccess="always" flashvars="id1=80629638" wmode="opaque" width="567" height="345" allowfullscreen="true" />[/video]

If the enemy does not die due to bullets fired from this, they surely will because of its butt ugly looks :P

What are you talking it's not ugly. If every time we go for smart looking things then India might never be able to produce its own weapon. Looks can be changed further main thing should be does it work to the desire level. And common if you call this ugly what do you call to Defender or AK series ? Pretty blond ? :D

India can buy some of these.

Idea is to have our own weapon system, bhai. &#2326;&#2352;&#2368;&#2342;&#2344;&#2375; &#2325;&#2379; &#2340;&#2379; &#2360;&#2348; &#2325;&#2369;&#2331; &#2326;&#2352;&#2368;&#2342; &#2360;&#2325;&#2340;&#2375; &#2361;&#2376;&#2306; :lol:|

Last edited by a moderator:
What are you talking it's not ugly. If every time we go for smart looking things then India might never be able to produce its own weapon. Looks can be changed further main thing should be does it work to the desire level. And common if you call this ugly what do you call to Defender or AK series ? Pretty blond ? :D

Who says AK is ugly??

gold-ak47.jpg

File:Rifle_AK-47.jpg

As opposed to

File:INSAS_Standard_Issue_Assualt_Rifle.JPG

Back
Top Bottom