What's new

Archaeologists confirm Indian civilization is 2000 years older than previou

The people of Pakistan today are indigenous to the land of modern day Pakistan and it's territories, just because the political state of Pakistan didn't exist at the time of the IVC doesn't negate the Pakistani people of today of their heritage and ancient history of the IVC.

The land were called India.

we also have our significant share of IVC sites so stop bragging as if Pak has a copyright over IVC...:hitwall:

There are lot of sites which are yet to be explored in India mate, How come the subcontinent which is blessed with fertile land and rivers and vegetation cannot have civilization where as the deserts of Iran and Iraq have a much advanced civilization.

Alot of reports say that Gangans are just Dravidians who migrated North... There is no way the Indus River would have randomnly stopped doing its thing, there is no proof for it...

Just made up of stories like Hindus fighting for Hussein in Karbala and Rajasthan, a isolate desert being epicenter of IVC heheh :rofl: :lol:

And btw IVC was in no way a Hindu civilization, Hinduism BORROWED elements from the IVC.

how can a muslim claim IVC as thier civilization...when islam religon was founded around 600 AD where as harappa civilization
was present from 3300 bc...way before islam arrived.

The number of sites mainly reflects the archaeological resources devoted to uncovering them. The complexity of the sites would be more interesting.

You may well be right but it is interesting nevertheless and may support the alternative idea of it being primarily a Sarasvati civilisation. Interesting not necessarily because it falls within present day Indian state borders but because of the mystery of the Sarasvati river itself.

True. But they are not necessarily the same people who lived there then. It is bizarre to claim that as Pakistan's exclusive legacy when the majority of sites are outside modern Pakistan.

Err its hard to give you a visual on this, but What India had was mostly small sites wth no significance, while Pakistan had the biggest sites with the most history behind it... Nd btw Exploration had been haulted in 2008 so obviously no new sites have been explored YET in Pakistan

True. But they are not necessarily the same people who lived there then. It is bizarre to claim that as Pakistan's exclusive legacy when the majority of sites are outside modern Pakistan.

Majority of the sites, and key IVC cities and epicenter of the IVC is in modern day Pakistan, that is undisputed fact according to archaeology. I don't even have to post a source for that.

I do acknowledge peripheries of the IVC did extend into limited areas of modern day India, but that is all, just peripheries not the mainstay, that is a very important distinction.

Think of it this way, imagine some eastern European country claiming heritage or historical ownership of the Roman Empire all because the Roman empire expanded across Europe; no country can dispute modern day Italy was the epicenter of the Roman Empire.

The Roman Empire is to Italy as the Indus Valley Civilization is to Pakistan in this circumstance (of course the comparison is limited but point is valid), the mainstay resides in the two aforementioned modern nations.

The number of sites mainly reflects the archaeological resources devoted to uncovering them. The complexity of the sites would be more interesting

Well, it is a fact that IVC spanned sites in modern day Pakistan as well as Northern India. The legacy belongs to both countries, and it is wrong for either to claim exclusivity. As for the word "Indian", it is historically used to refer to the whole region -- Indian cuisine, Indo-European languages, etc, etc.

Your points are well put, and you in turn will understand my accepting the first ono with a smile of understanding and of sympathy.

how can a muslim claim IVC as thier civilization...when islam religon was founded around 600 AD where as harappa civilization
was present from 3300 bc...way before islam arrived.

Do you think all Muslims are ethnic Arabs you idiot? As for that retort I can also say the same about Dravidians, how can they claim everything in India when they took over the native population of India?

Isn't Harrapa in Pakistan? and aren't they dead? I am a Rajput and I think my ancestry came to the subcontinent much latter. Mostly to kill the local population and rule over them, which probably wasn't the right thing to do I guess.

Today, the Ghaggar, an intermittent river that flows only during strong monsoons and dissipates into the desert along the dried course of Hakra valley, is thought to best approximate the location of the mythic Sarasvati, but its Himalayan origin and whether it was active during Vedic times remain controversial.
[...]
The new study argues that these crucial differences prove that the Sarasvati (Ghaggar-Hakra) was not Himalayan-fed, but a perennial monsoon-supported watercourse, and that aridification reduced it to short seasonal flows.

If the Saraswati was a monsoon-fed river, and not Himalayan in origin, then it could have "dried out" several times over the course of centuries, during periods of extended drought.

There would be no one single date of its extinction.

Do you think all Muslims are ethnic Arabs you idiot? As for that retort I can also say the same about Dravidians, how can they claim everything in India when they took over the native population of India?

hey,hotshot....... keep this thread clean..if you have any facts supporting your thoery then post it....

Indian logic - If you are Muslim you cant claim IVC... My response : IF you are Hindu that doesnt give you exclusive rights either as IVC was made well before Hinduism started

Lol bro you barely get any life on this forum, why waste that on stupid trolling. Everyone on this forum now knows what a clown you are. You will be banned in next 5 hrs. Wanna bet???

You are too desperate to prove Pakistani superiority over India which doesn't exist. :tdown:

Dont have to respond to some moron troll

Bcoz Idiots like u don't know about Ancient Saraswati River which used to run parallel to Indus. First go n educate urself a bit before u start ranting again...

Its amazing what a billion people connected to the internet can do. Literally, everything started from India. I personally bow my head. My African ancestors were really Indians before they went to Nigeria. After reading so much stuff about India and its civilization, I believe, my forefathers lived around the North Bank of the Indus River in Maharashtra. Then the giant aliens came and took them away from there and dropped them in Africa.....and then they came to the US a hundred and fifty years ago......

Oh wait, does the River Indus run through Maharashtra? I hope that true....otherwise ....my whole story about my ancestors Indian heritage is....false???

Back
Top Bottom