What's new

Archaeologists confirm Indian civilization is 2000 years older than previou

show me pakistan that existed in 2000 yr ago and we call it Pakistan civilization:P

The people of Pakistan today are indigenous to the land of modern day Pakistan and it's territories, just because the political state of Pakistan didn't exist at the time of the IVC doesn't negate the Pakistani people of today of their heritage and ancient history of the IVC.

Calling it "Indian" civilization when it should be "Indus civilization", the people of the Indus valley would have never called themselves any of the nationalities in the region. But we know they lived mainly along the Indus and their civilization started there and flourished there for many centuries hence referred to as the Indus valley civilization.

It's a thread which is another Indian attempt to leech of of what is primarily Pakistani people's ancient history. That's the problem. How can you not see that?

Hence why I posted

Just let Mr. Dikshit dig in some sand dunes in Rajasthan and be humbled by some broken pots, and claim he finally has an ancient civilization he is connected to, doesn't bother me lol.

Try to take a broader view. It will hurt you at the beginning, but only for a short while. India is three things in one: a geographical description, a cultural area and a modern political state. You have a problem with the third. That should not force you into distorted positions on the first and second. Nobody is interested in leaching off anything; the IVC has little to do with contemporary Pakistan, or with contemporary India.

Apologies. I thought it was new, as I have been travelling and not keeping careful track of posts.

No apologies required, this remains a very fascinating subject no matter how many times we discuss it. More so because I have no ideological reasons to worry about who went where or who came from where. Which actually makes me extremely confused with linguistic data probably supporting one theory and increasingly, archeological data questioning that theory (partially at least). This is extremely interesting in that the more we know, the more confusing it gets.

That I believe was what the reporter wrote, didn't see a direct attribution to the archeologists involved.

The number of sites mainly reflects the archaeological resources devoted to uncovering them. The complexity of the sites would be more interesting.

Calling it "Indian" civilization when it should be "Indus civilization", the people of the Indus valley would have never called themselves any of the nationalities in the region. But we know they lived mainly along the Indus and their civilization started there and flourished there for many centuries hence referred to as the Indus valley civilization.

It's a thread which is another Indian attempt to leech of of what is primarily Pakistani people's ancient history. That's the problem. How can you not see that?

Well, it is a fact that IVC spanned sites in modern day Pakistan as well as Northern India. The legacy belongs to both countries, and it is wrong for either to claim exclusivity. As for the word "Indian", it is historically used to refer to the whole region -- Indian cuisine, Indo-European languages, etc, etc.

We seriously need to start imposing history tests on new members before people can join the forum. Other wise, idiots ike this guy come in with absolute poor comprehension and understanding of ancient history. He cannot even understand my post and the message being conveyed. He thinks I've referenced the Indus Valley civilization people as Pakistanis.

First i am not a new member.
Its well known Pakistanis are murderers of History.
what is primarily Pakistani people's ancient history.
So what this line proposes? It proposes u have just said IVC as pakistanis . I am not dumby. Its just ur english sucks.
Can u ever know ur history between Ghandhara and 7th century AD and rulers who ruled in between?
Get lost loser. Go love arabs and their invaders.

We seriously need to start imposing history tests on new members before people can join the forum. Other wise, idiots ike this guy come in with absolute poor comprehension and understanding of ancient history. He cannot even understand my post and the message being conveyed. He thinks I've referenced the Indus Valley civilization people as Pakistanis.

Your point is valid, that post was ill-considered, but such a test would eliminate a lot of members.

The people of Pakistan today are indigenous to the land of modern day Pakistan and it's territories, just because the political state of Pakistan didn't exist at the time of the IVC doesn't negate the Pakistani people of today of their heritage and ancient history of the IVC.

we also have our significant share of IVC sites so stop bragging as if Pak has a copyright over IVC...:hitwall:

Alot of reports say that Gangans are just Dravidians who migrated North... There is no way the Indus River would have randomnly stopped doing its thing, there is no proof for it...

Just made up of stories like Hindus fighting for Hussein in Karbala and Rajasthan, a isolate desert being epicenter of IVC heheh :rofl: :lol:

And btw IVC was in no way a Hindu civilization, Hinduism BORROWED elements from the IVC.

U r utterly confused. Many guys support Aryan invasion theory. In that sense as a dravidian i can talk about IVC.

True. But they are not necessarily the same people who lived there then. It is bizarre to claim that as Pakistan's exclusive legacy when the majority of sites are outside modern Pakistan.

Indians will always try to prove that Indus Valley is in India... Haha... First check where Indus River is, there is no way epicenter of Harrappan civilization could be in Haryana and Rajasthan, the deserts? Why would ancient people pick these deserts instead of the fertile lands of the Indus? This support my theory that Indo-Aryan species are just migrants of the IVC migrating rightwards

Harappan civilization has roots in Saraswathi river civilization which dried up around 3000 BC, The sites in Rajastan and Haryana which the author is talking about are located on the banks of river saraswathi.

Rigveda which says about river saraswathi was composed in India along the banks of saraswathi. The author is correct in saying that If rigveda dates back to 3000 BC and aryan invasion theory to 1500 BC how come aryans from caucasian mountains of Europe claim vedas??

Fact is Indian civilization is older and most advanced in its age and India also has continuity of civilization.

Saraswathi is a mighty river which at its peak is 10 km broad, with the drying up of this river people moved to further south,Ganga and Yamuna river banks and remaining vedas were composed.

All we are saying to Indians is to stick with their Ganges Civilization... Do you see any Pakistani always wanting to be assocated wiith Ganges River? No, right, so why do Indians always run over trying to see IVC as theirs? As A1Kaid said, a few broken pots and pans counts for Haryana and Rajasthan as new epicenters of the IVC`? Wth?

Back
Top Bottom