What's new

Archaeologists confirm Indian civilization is 2000 years older than previou

I believe I had posted this earlier from a different source

http://www.defence.pk/forums/members-club/219076-harappan-civilisation-2000-years-older.html

There is also this to consider.

In another major finding, the researchers believe they have settled a long controversy about the fate of a mythical river, the Sarasvati. The Vedas, ancient Indian scriptures composed in Sanskrit over 3000 years ago, describe the region west of the Ganges as “the land of seven rivers.” Easily recognizable are the Indus and its current tributaries, but the Sarasvati, portrayed as “surpassing in majesty and might all other waters” and “pure in her course from mountains to the ocean,” was lost. Based on scriptural descriptions, it was believed that the Sarasvati was fed by perennial glaciers in the Himalayas. Today, the Ghaggar, an intermittent river that flows only during strong monsoons and dissipates into the desert along the dried course of Hakra valley, is thought to best approximate the location of the mythic Sarasvati, but its Himalayan origin and whether it was active during Vedic times remain controversial.

Archaeological evidence supports the Ghaggar-Hakra as the location of intensive settlement during Harappan times. The new geological evidence—sediments, topography— shows that rivers were indeed sizable and highly active in this region, but most likely due to strong monsoons. However, there is no evidence of wide incised valleys like along the Indus and its tributaries and researchers did not find any cut-through, incised connections to either of the two nearby Himalayan-fed rivers of Sutlej and Yamuna. The new study argues that these crucial differences prove that the Sarasvati (Ghaggar-Hakra) was not Himalayan-fed, but a perennial monsoon-supported watercourse, and that aridification reduced it to short seasonal flows.

By 3900 years ago, their rivers drying, the Harappans had an escape route to the east toward the Ganges basin, where monsoon rains remained reliable.

“We can envision that this eastern shift involved a change to more localized forms of economy: smaller communities supported by local rain-fed farming and dwindling streams,” said Fuller. “This may have produced smaller surpluses, and would not have supported large cities, but would have been reliable.”

Such a system was not favorable for the Indus civilization, which had been built on bumper crop surpluses along the Indus and the Ghaggar-Hakra rivers in the earlier wetter era. This dispersal of population meant that there was no longer a concentration of workforce to support urbanism. “Thus cities collapsed, but smaller agricultural communities were sustainable and flourished. Many of the urban arts, such as writing, faded away, but agriculture continued and actually diversified,” said Fuller.

Climate Change Led to Collapse of Ancient Indus Civilization, Study Finds : Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution

Apologies. I thought it was new, as I have been travelling and not keeping careful track of posts.

I'll ask the mods to clean up the thread...

Might as well start with the first post then...

i thought you guys belong to arabic civilisation....like many ppl likes to claim here that they are arab descendent...:P

I thought you belong to the Krishna civilization and the other blue people, like many people like to claim here that they are krishna descendent.

i thought you guys belong to arabic civilisation....like many ppl likes to claim here that they are arab descendent...:P

No one claims they are Arab descendant here. Pakistan has three regions interjoining together. That is Central Asia, South Asia and the Middle East. So obvioulsy there will be races from all those regions present in Pakistan. But we are all united on one basis and that is religion, and soon we will all be united on the basis that we are successors of the IVC.

Might as well start with the first post then...

What's wrong with the OP? Other than the gratuitous and needlessly contentious claim of shifting epicenters, the rest of the article seems legit.

I thought you belong to the Krishna civilization and the other blue people, like many people like to claim here that they are krishna descendent.
Lolllllllllllll you mean vedic civilization...naach na jaane aagan teda:lol:

Understanding history is way above your comprehension.....to learn history first u must accept it....rather then changing it to according to your comfort...
one day u claim we are Arab descendent ..other day you r harappan civilization .....which ever suits your arguement the best...you choose your civilization origin according to need

Unfortunately, despite claims to the contrary, the Indian archaeologists couldn't resist a bit of chest thumping.

That I believe was what the reporter wrote, didn't see a direct attribution to the archeologists involved.

90 to 96 Indus Valley sites have been discovered on the Indus and its tributaries (about 36 sites on the Indus river itself.) V.N. Misra states that over 530 Harappan sites (of the more than 800 known sites, not including Late Harappan or OCP) are located on the Ghaggar-Hakra. The other sites are mainly in Kutch-Saurashtra (nearly 200 sites), Yamuna Valley (nearly 70 Late Harappan sites) and in the Indus Valley, in Baluchistan, and in the NW Frontier Province (less than 100 sites).

What's wrong with the OP? Other than the gratuitous and needlessly contentious claim of shifting epicenters, the rest of the article seems legit.

Calling it "Indian" civilization when it should be "Indus civilization", the people of the Indus valley would have never called themselves any of the nationalities in the region. But we know they lived mainly along the Indus and their civilization started there and flourished there for many centuries hence referred to as the Indus valley civilization.

It's a thread which is another Indian attempt to leech of of what is primarily Pakistani people's ancient history. That's the problem. How can you not see that?

Hence why I posted

Just keep this Indian Dikshit leech out of Pakistan's rich ancient historical sites and cities, let him dig in his desert Rajasthan and be humbled with broken pots.

Just let Mr. Dikshit dig in some sand dunes in Rajasthan and be humbled by some broken pots, and claim he finally has an ancient civilization he is connected to, doesn't bother me lol.

Calling it "Indian" civilization when it should be "Indus civilization", the people of the Indus valley would have never called themselves any of the nationalities in the region. But we know they lived mainly along the Indus and their civilization started there and flourished there for many centuries hence referred to as the Indus valley civilization.

It's a thread which is another Indian attempt to leech of of what is primarily Pakistani people's ancient history. That's the problem. How can you not see that?

Thats a biggest comedy.
In first line u say, Indus peoples have no nationalities.
And in 2nd line it suddenly become Pakistani :D :lol: ?
Since IVC are hindu civilisation, and reports suggest IVC may have been abondened due to change in courses of river and Climatic changes, people migrated from IVC to ganges basin, making us the legitimate successors too. :)
Now talk of Arabic rulers. People knowing nothing about their own regions are talking here

Thats a biggest comedy.
Since IVC are hindu civilisation, and reports suggest IVC may have been abondened due to change in courses of river and Climatic changes, people migrated from IVC to ganges basin, making us the legitimate successors too. :)
Now talk of Arabic rulers. People knowing nothing about their own regions are talking here

We seriously need to start imposing history tests on new members before people can join the forum. Other wise, idiots ike this guy come in with absolute poor comprehension and understanding of ancient history. He cannot even understand my post and the message being conveyed. He thinks I've referenced the Indus Valley civilization people as Pakistanis.

Hence why I posted

Just let Mr. Dikshit dig in some sand dunes in Rajasthan and be humbled by some broken pots, and claim he finally has an ancient civilization he is connected to, doesn't bother me lol.

show me pakistan that existed in 2000 yr ago and we call it Pakistan civilization:P

Good point. What does that do to the AIT considering that the date for the Sarasvati dying out has been further pushed back?

I was interested at this observation, which has to be kept in mind as one of several diverse expert opinions, as that opens more daylight between the decline of the Harappan civilisation and Aryan-speaking immigrants.

It tends to reinforce my own reconsidered thinking that there was overlap between Harappans or their small-town descendants, and the immigrants. If we can narrow down the period of overlap and co-existence to the period when the Harappans were in decline, much becomes clearer. The Aryans were obviously not in large enough numbers to besiege and reduce large, walled cities; there is in any case little or no evidence at the flourishing levels of any warlike conditions, although distorted bodies and arms have been found at higher (more recent) levels. They may have been large enough, particularly if they had picked up local auxiliaries after reaching the Punjab, to reduce smaller towns and stockaded or berm-guarded surroundings. Bharatpur comes to mind.

Your problems relating to the local roots of the Rg Veda, the apparent loss of memory of the earlier life on the steppes, and the nature of the incoming people still need resolution, and are receiving considerable attention. Such as time will permit.

Thats a biggest comedy.

Alot of reports say that Gangans are just Dravidians who migrated North... There is no way the Indus River would have randomnly stopped doing its thing, there is no proof for it...

Just made up of stories like Hindus fighting for Hussein in Karbala and Rajasthan, a isolate desert being epicenter of IVC heheh :rofl: :lol:

And btw IVC was in no way a Hindu civilization, Hinduism BORROWED elements from the IVC.

Back
Top Bottom