What's new

Arabs slam Pak stand on Yemen and Call on Pakistani Parliament to Fall in Line

many! from iran syria lebanon and yemen!
Well, they can rest assured that if they attempt to violate Saudi territorial integrity then all of Pakistan will be backing Saudi Arabia militarily and otherwise.

But really though i doubt they could achieve that or even want to attempt making a mistake of that sort (taking over Mecca and Madina). It sounds too absurd.

Debatable. Highly debatable. They're economically stronger and Turkey's conventional forces are slightly larger, but they don't have Nukes. Not so huge of a margin.
Any way, there's no point in this 'strongest Muslim country' title, it doesn't mean anything if countries don't take initiative.
The thing is - Turkey does not need nuclear weapons. Stop thinking that having nuclear weapons gives you any advantage.

No country in the world - including Russia can attack Turkey with nuclear weapons and not get attacked by nuclear weapons in return.

And apart from that I need not mention that their military is larger and far better equipped in every sphere.

Its not debatable, unless debates are childish arguments.

It's a shame, this guy pretends to much to be religious. But has no problem at all with spilling blood if it pleases Saudi masters and allows us to reap benefits of better relations, or dodge their wrath.
Round them up (the extremists), cut their beards and shoot them in the back of the head, just like how Iraqis deal with them in Tikrit. They will shed blood for their masters and they will surely kill Pakistanis for money if you give them space and playground. Pakistan be warned about these sleeper cell mercenaries who want to cause civil war and bloodshed.

I don't think you need our troops for any planned ops in Yemen. GCC's combined armed forces and arsenal is decades ahead of what our armed forces currently field in any of the three branches. You're also good manpower wise when taking into consideration combined military might of GCC. Besides, its not like Pakistan refused to deploy troops in Saudi if ever Saudi's territorial integrity is violated by any nation or organization.

Sure we can deploy soldiers if lets say Houthis invade Saudi Arabia (which is very unlikely), but we should not get involved in attacking another Muslim country.

Pakistan is a battle hardened nation unlike modern-day Arabian nations and your mountain troops are famous in the world for being one of the best one the planet. This is not me saying this but experts. That area of KSA and Yemen is highly mountainous. It's like Afghanistan and Kashmir. The fighting is occurring at the same altitudes. Pakistan is the military superpower of the Muslim world and having even just 200 Pakistani troops on the ground is a boost for the coalition. I am not saying that we cannot succeed without Pakistan but you know what this is about. Political signals, allies, mountain troops etc. Let us see. Maybe diplomacy will work finally with the Houthi's and Saleh? I doubt it but you never know.

@Rakan.SA @Saif al-Arab

BTW, i don't understand why Saudi Arabia never cultivated its relations with Egypt the way it has with Pakistan??

Why is that?? Egypt too is a Sunni Muslim country, but its also a Arab country with population of 89 million people. How come Saudi and Egypt aren't as close as Saudi and Pakistan??

Just a question out of curiosity.

Well, they can rest assured that if they attempt to violate Saudi territorial integrity then all of Pakistan will be backing Saudi Arabia militarily and otherwise.

But really though i doubt they could achieve that or even want to attempt making a mistake of that sort (taking over Mecca and Madina). It sounds too absurd.
and just to let you know the comments are made by officials. not reporters or some ppl on the street.

@Rakan.SA @Saif al-Arab

BTW, i don't understand why Saudi Arabia never cultivated its relations with Egypt the way it has with Pakistan??

Why is that?? Egypt too is a Sunni Muslim country, but its also a Arab country with population of 89 million people. How come Saudi and Egypt aren't as close as Saudi and Pakistan??

Just a question out of curiosity.
we are very close. but egypt was about to collapse economically. its still suffering.
just imagine what would have happened if egypt collapsed!
its starting to take its role back slowly in the arab world with the help of saudi and gulf states.

I love it. Saudi Arabia and UAE are panic when Pakistan didn't help them in just one Yemen issue.

181279789-827x1024.jpg

Angry Pakistani boss: You will be fine, don't need panic. Be quiet!!!! :D

The thing is - Turkey does not need nuclear weapons. Stop thinking that having nuclear weapons gives you any advantage.
You don't have any idea how Nuclear deterrence works. Do you?
No country in the world - including Russia can attack Turkey with nuclear weapons and not get attacked by nuclear weapons in return.
Why, because of NATO? You think the US would risk that much for Turkey? If Russia attacks Turkey WITHOUT nuclear weapons, which they can if they really wanted to, Turkey will have no deterrence. Pakistan, in a similar situation, would. But Russia won't attack Turkey, that is a childish argument unless you're trying to use it as an example, in which case it isn't a very effective example.
And apart from that I need not mention that their military is larger and far better equipped in every sphere.
Refer to @waz 's point about Turkey's army being based on compulsory military service, and even then it is smaller than Pakistan's - which is an entirely professional army, without conscripts. That makes a big difference, apart from nukes.
Its not debatable, unless debates are childish arguments.
My arrogant friend, everything is debatable if I say so and provide a debate along with it. Of course, you may dismiss those debates but that is your choice and your loss.

Pakistan is a battle hardened nation unlike modern-day Arabian nations and your mountain troops are famous in the world for being one of the best one the planet. This is not me saying this but experts. That area of KSA and Yemen is highly mountainous. It's like Afghanistan and Kashmir. The fighting is occurring at the same altitudes. Pakistan is the military superpower of the Muslim world and having even just 200 Pakistani troops on the ground is a boost for the coalition. I am not saying that we cannot succeed without Pakistan but you know what this is about. Political signals, allies, mountain troops etc. Let us see. Maybe diplomacy will work finally with the Houthi's and Saleh? I doubt it but you never know.
Well i hate to say it but decades of fighting in the mountains of Kashmir and hills of Waziristan and Afghan border has given our Army that experience (albeit, at a terrible human and infrastructural cost).

However, if im correct Saudi troops have engaged Houthis before in the past, so im sure fighting in that terrain isn't anything new and you guys are more familiar with that region than we are. Not to mention your high tech arsenal makes up for the lack of experience.

And besides, knowing the nature/history Pakistani generals and Pakistani Army they probably already have people on the ground, though in small numbers, training and assisting Saudi troops in mountain warfare on Yemeni border.

Last edited:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom