What's new

Arabs slam Pak stand on Yemen and Call on Pakistani Parliament to Fall in Line

Pakistanis don't really have that kinship form of bond, but it also depends on which part of Pakistan certain people originate from. Pakistanis from rural villages tend to stick together in the West, but the vast majority who come from the cities don't.

Regarding Arabs, yes their bond is very strong, even Arab Christian and Arab Muslims are very tight knit despite different faiths. It is due to the very strong cultural and lingual bond. Its a good thing actually, it preserves the original culture and way of life when immigrant communities stick together like that.

Well, I have Pakistani friends here (from the university and also outside of it) and even one of my neighbors is a Pakistani family (a couple in their 40's with 4 children) and they often spend time with other Pakistanis and have cultural meetings. Often Pakistani families (I have noticed) tend to have businesses together with other Pakistanis. For instance it is not strange at all to witness 1 or 2 Pakistani families sharing restaurants, shops etc. with each other. To me the Pakistani community seems like a community with very close kinship as well. Maybe it is different in Europe and the GCC compared to USA?

Well, I have Pakistani friends here (from the university and also outside of it) and even one of my neighbors is a Pakistani family (a couple in their 40's with 4 children) and they often spend time with other Pakistanis and have cultural meetings. Often Pakistani families (I have noticed) tend to have businesses together with other Pakistanis. For instance it is not strange at all to witness 1 or 2 Pakistani families sharing restaurants, shops etc. with each other. To me the Pakistani community seems like a community with very close kinship as well. Maybe it is different in Europe and the GCC compared to USA?

Actually I don't really know about if t
Perhaps that is the case, but i have heard similar things from the UK. The second, third, and fourth generation Pakistanis tend to make fun of the fresh off the boat Pakistanis and look down on them as some pathetic beings or something. I've never been to the U.K. to confirm this myself but i wouldn't be surprised this is the case.

Arabs, on the other hand (from my observation), are delighted if they come across another Arab who just recently arrived to America from his home country. They automatically become a part of the pack so to speak.

But yeah the older generation Pakistanis tend to have that kinship with other Pakistanis but the newer generations are are a fry cry from that.

Perhaps that is the case, but i have heard similar things from the UK. The second, third, and fourth generation Pakistanis tend to make fun of the fresh off the boat Pakistanis and look down on them as some pathetic beings or something. I've never been to the U.K. to confirm this myself but i wouldn't be surprised this is the case.

Arabs, on the other hand (from my observation), are delighted if they come across another Arab who just recently arrived to America from his home country. They automatically become a part of the pack so to speak.

But yeah the older generation Pakistanis tend to have that kinship with other Pakistanis but the newer generations are are a fry cry from that.

Well, that does not sound very encouraging to say the least. Hopefully what you described is not the situation on the ground for the majority of people.

Yes, speaking the same language and sharing a similar culture, cuisine etc. regardless of whether you are from Morocco or Oman is a big plus and something rather unique considering the geographic distance but I was of the impression that almost every Pakistan regardless of ethnicity is able to communicate witch each other in Urdu or Punjabi. We should also be careful with the generalizations. I don't know enough about the Arab community in the US. All I know is that it's quite big for ME standards at least. 3.5 million people. I guess 9/11 also made people closer? We are a bit off-topic though.

Hazzy is the right person to ask though, lol.

In any case dialogue is the way forward. The situation in the region is very tense though. Emotions are running high.

The second, third, and fourth generation Pakistanis tend to make fun of the fresh off the boat Pakistanis and look down on them as some pathetic beings or something. I've never been to the U.K. to confirm this myself but i wouldn't be surprised this is the case.
In my personal experience they don't really make that kind of fun to your face but they do tend to say a lot of stuff like 'Pakistan is a backwards place', 'it's hopeless' and 'you're stupid if you ever want to return there' etc. There is definitely a group of people that are ashamed of their background, call themselves British and try to be more gora than the goray themselves because they have some inferiority complex ingrained in their head.

On the other hand, I have seen many highly patriotic second generation Pakistanis who regularly visit Pakistan, involve themselves in aid programs, NGOs etc and don't suffer from said inferiority complex.

Because the same "lovely" Persians are obsessed about the 450 million or so Arabs due to certain Muslim Arabs conquering their lands militarily, religiously, culturally, linguistically and even ethnically almost 1500 years ago. Since then they have held an enormous grudge and when the "Iranian Arabs" reached power in Iran after the "Islamic" revolution in 1979 they started sponsoring proxies and terrorist groups all over the Arab world, started smuggling bombs and weapons to Makkah during Hajj and Umrah (nobody has ever attempted such a thing) etc. Rest is history. We just don't like each other and we are fighting a proxy war that should have been prevented but you have to thank the Mullah's of Iran for that as there was no proxy war prior to 1979.

We are bombing a terror cult called Houthi's who overthrew the legitimate government of Yemen and threatened to attack KSA. This is unacceptable. The Yemeni government asked us (The Arab world) for help and we delivered as this was also in our interests We have the support of most of the world. Be it the Western or Eastern part. Muslim or non-Muslim.

Personally Pakistan can do what they want to vis-a-vis this conflict if you ask me. KSA can deal with this on their own and with our Arab allies. If we don't do that it's all due to the lack of political will not money, manpower, abilities etc.

Yemen was already a failed state to a large degree.
This my friend is a lie only created after Prophet peace be upon him left this world. No Arab is better than ajam and no ajam is better than arab. I have Arab background from my dad and my mom side and i know for a fact that neither saud nor any sheikh in UAE is the rightly owner of that land. Sauds murdered my forefathers and bcz of their wickedness my forefathers left that land. The sheikhs and sauds are the most racist ppl on this planet where they treat a muslim from anyother country less than how they treat themelves they look down on all other muslims and consider only themselves to be righteous and holy. I will be damned if any of my people spill blood for this racist house of Saud. Yes if there is an attack on holy sites then we will spill our last drop of blood but not for political agenda of a house who is feasting on sweat and blood of other muslims. I would not at all support any effort to protect the house of saud for mistakes and their wrong doings. They better get their act straight soon or they will be judged sooner than later.
Legitimate govt in Yemen my foot a so called head of country ran away when his country is being bombed and in shambles so much for the righteousness and legitimacy and a muslim cause. Allah ordered mulims to solve their differences through talks and peaceful means if Pakistan support it why blame us.The only and only reaon if a pakistani soldier will put his life on a line if sauds get attacked by non muslims as far as i know shites also say qalima and give shada and pray five times to Allah and believe prophet muhammad peace be upon him to be thle last prophet as long as they believe that they are muslims and spilling their blood is just like spilling any muslims blood. i wonder where is your so called Sauds are when a palestinian blood is spilled by a non muslims so plz stop spreading lies and supporting Hippocrates called sauds.

The Saudi ambassador has already responded. They won't cry or issue threats like these people.
We are providing help in the form of protecting Saudi sovereignty. That has never been up for debate.
I again checked last night we are providing more and soon many more will go for Yemen

I was of the impression that almost every Pakistan regardless of ethnicity is able to communicate witch each other in Urdu or Punjabi.
Your impression isn't wrong, most Pakistanis I know in the UK speak Urdu properly and have no problem communicating. Though some of the second-generation people I know aren't fluent in Urdu or their provincial language - some, on the other hand, know only their provincial dialect but Punjabi, for example, is mutually intelligible with Urdu to some extent so they can still communicate.

Pakistan took the best possible stand, for our own good. We already guaranteed support in case the Arabs' territorial integrity is breached but as far as foreign interventions are concerned, they can ask their petro-dollars for help.

There's no need to worry about any 'wrath' - Pakistan helps them a lot with training, intelligence and advisers. They won't risk losing that support too.

From a political perspective, it seems like Saudi Arabia is trying to secure its own position without taking too many favors from the Americans - reducing dependency on the US is in their interest. Unfortunately for them, fighting their wars isn't in our interest.

The Saudis are now starting to feel threatened by the mess in their region, one that they facilitated the creation of by supporting the US; but now, it is clear that, as a Saudi ambassador put it, ''many of the West’s policies....risk the stability and security of the Middle East.'' - he said that before ISIS became a threat as big as it is now, and before the deterioration of the situation in Yemen. http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/middle-east/2013/12/18/-Saudi-Arabia-will-go-it-alone-.html
Most of that article reflects Saudi policy at the time of its writing, but what can be inferred from it is that they were unhappy with the strategy their 'allies' are using in Syria and the way they're dealing with Iran (even more so now).

It appears the Saudis have started realizing how much the American proxy warfare and ''moderate'' militant groups strategy has backfired and started to hurt them, and that the West doesn't care if Saudi Arabia goes down with the rest of the Middle East. This was bound to happen, no US ally can remain a US ally for too long without giving up on its own interests (like many NATO states have done, at least temporarily). Iran, of course, is pursuing its own interests and won't fully co-operate with anyone.

Pakistan does not have stakes in those politics, and therefore staying neutral while maintaining relations with the Saudis is the best option - undoubtedly, this is what was advised by the military and that advice is what the parliament agreed to.

@Zarvan the Saudis don't care about religion and neither do the Iranis - it's geopolitics and must be taken rationally, without emotions and with calculated strategy. That is what Pakistan has done and that is the best we could have done.
I don't know what the care about or not but they can make your life hell and also of Pakistanis working in KSA and GCC

I don't know what the care about or not but they can make your life hell and also of Pakistanis working in KSA and GCC
How can they make my life hell?
Sir jee stop fearing them like that, they are human beings no matter how many petro-dollars they stuff in their pockets.

Only God can make someone's life Hell - I thought you were religious, you should know that.

Secondly, Pakistan is already supporting them enough and they are not stupid; they won't risk losing that support too or making any moves that will upset the Pakistani public which is already very anti-Saudi.

This my friend is a lie only created after Prophet peace be upon him left this world. No Arab is better than ajam and no ajam is better than arab. I have Arab background from my dad and my mom side and i know for a fact that neither saud nor any sheikh in UAE is the rightly owner of that land. Sauds murdered my forefathers and bcz of their wickedness my forefathers left that land. The sheikhs and sauds are the most racist ppl on this planet where they treat a muslim from anyother country less than how they treat themelves they look down on all other muslims and consider only themselves to be righteous and on holy. I will be damned if any of my people spill blood for this racist house of Saud. Yes if there is an attack on holy sites then we will spill our last drop of blood but not for political agenda of a house who is feasting on sweat and blood of other muslims. I would not at all support any effort to protect the house of saud for mistakes and their wrong doings. They better get their act straight soon or they will be judged sooner than later.
Legitimate govt in Yemen my foot a so called head of country ran away when his country is being bombed and in shambles so much for the righteous and legitimacy. The only and only reaon if a pakistani soldier will put his life on a line if sauds get attacked by non muslims as far as i know shites also say qalima and give shada and pray five times to Allah and believe prophet muhammad peace be upon him to be thle last prophet as long as they believe that they are muslims and spilling their blood is just like spilling any muslims blood. i wonder where is your so called Sauds are when a palestinian blood is spilled by a non muslims so plz stop spreading lies and supporting Hippocrates called sauds.

Rulers everywhere on the planet ended up as rulers due to their strength, intelligence, power and sometimes due to sheer luck. You think that all those royal families in Europe fell from the sky?
At the end of the day someone always has to rule. Who are your forefathers and when did the House of Saud "murder" your forefathers? Please be precise.

That's not true. KSA is one of the most racially diverse countries on the planet and most people do not give race much of a thought. Especially not the young generation. Over 66,66% of Saudi Arabia's population is under the age of 35.

You obviously missed the current political atmosphere that has existed since 1979 and the historical aspect. What I wrote is the reality. I never said anything about there only being 1 side. You need 2 for tango after all. I don't particular like or dislike the House of Saud. They are like any other family. You have good and bad people. Talented and less talented. The only difference is that they are ruling and not one of the 1000's of other families out there.

I don't care about Shia, Ibadi, Sunni etc. Yes, but a terror cult like Houthi's are legitimate rulers of Yemen and we should just let them conquer all of Yemen and then use it as a springboard to attack KSA with Mullah support from Iran.

How can they make my life hell?
Sir jee stop fearing them like that, they are human beings no matter how many petro-dollars they stuff in their pockets.

Only God can make someone's life Hell - I thought you were religious, you should know that.

Secondly, Pakistan is already supporting them enough and they are not stupid; they won't risk losing that support too or making any moves that will upset the Pakistani public which is already very anti-Saudi.
Yes GOD has given them power to do it from oil to throwing out Pakistanis they have lot of ways

Yes GOD has given them power to do it from oil to throwing out Pakistanis they have lot of ways

@Zarvan

Nobody is going to throw anyone out or harm anyone. KSA is not ruled by emotional schoolgirls brother. Please don't write silly posts that are not backed up by the reality. The relations between KSA (GCC) and Pakistan are much more closer than what you can imagine. This is not really such a big deal. Please read this thread from the beginning. We don't even know whether there will be a ground invasion or not.

Anyway I have to go so take care everyone.

Back
Top Bottom