What's new

Arabic Music (modern, traditional, poems, anasheed, dua etc.)

Egyptian SEAL poem

Upcoming movie "Thunderstorm" follows the recruits of SEAL Team 6 through their Basic Underwater Demolition/SEAL training and features the reenactment of four Special Forces operations which have not been publicly disclosed yet.

SEAL.jpg

Nice thread.

Here's some classic iraqi songs.
Fuad salim, Mu bidiena

Hameed Mansour- yem darkum

---------

----------
modern nasheed

The official anthem of the upcoming Men's Handball World Cup in Doha, Qatar that begins this weekend.

The song is not entirely in Arabic but still quite catchy and has had 5 million views in less than 1 month.

Normally I am no fan of such songs but somehow this one is catchy as hell.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
The official anthem of the Men's Handball 2015 World Cup in Doha, Qatar that began this Thursday.

The song is not entirely in Arabic but nevertheless has had over 6 million views in less than 1 month.

Normally I am no fan of such songs but somehow this one is catchy.:)

------------

Some Iraqi chobi music and funny traditional dances.

@1000 @Malik Alashter @Alshawi1234

I expect both Malik and Alshawi to follow this post up with the unique Hosat poems from Southern Iraq.:lol:;)

It is unique to Southern Iraq and I was told by my Iraqi relatives that this tradition of jumping when repeating the last verse in the poem was developed during the Iraqi revolt against the British to boost morals before going to battle against a much better equipped opponent.

Poems recited in groups also occur in most Arab countries but Hosat appears to me to be very unique. It's probably done in Ahwaz too without knowing it.

It also appears to be most widespread in Nasiriyah, Basra, Amara, Semawa etc.

Some poems;

Qatar dissed ( :lol: );

Samir al-Bashiri (patriotic song);

Short poem by Sheikh Ali al-Maliki at a Shammar gathering;

The famous poem of Talal al-Rasheed;

He was killed in the Algerian desert during an ambush while hunting.

His poems describe the situation in the Arab world brilliantly. One of my favorite poets. Sadly not among us anymore.

I am on my way out so I don't have the time to post more poems but I have dozens of excellent Arabic poems to post in the future.

@Full Moon @Rakan.SA @Mosamania @JUBA @Altamimi @Gasoline @Frosty etc.

Post your favorite poems.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom