What's new

ARABIC language to be POPULARIZED in Pakistan

1960s is 'century past'? And is 'whatwhata' your go to when you don't like or can reply to opposing argumant.

Grow up!

Me.

What opposing argument? Even your chosen leader exPM wants to establish Riasat-e-Medina, an epitome of Islam as venerated by most followers. Teaching Arabic more widely can only help such lofty and noble goals.

Last edited:
View attachment 856710
Pardon me if you guys don't like it , my first attempt to write farsi.
I just wrote something
I know to write devnagri hindi , but farsi writing is very difficult
coudnt even read it lol

OT
So first they brought the Urdu language to us with brits that was foreign than English came now Arabic

but nothing for the people of the land? what kinda bs is this ? and why aren't people thinking from this perspective?- this is depressing to see tbh

Last edited:
@Edevelop

A lot of what you have written is factually and historical incorrect, I am afraid.

My mother is from Sindh so I would claim that I have quite a good grasp of Sindhi history. Let me educate you here if you think that this connection can be reduced to Muhammad bin Qasim (as if he alone ventured over and conquered that area and then let again) alone.

Sindh was a province of the caliphate until around 900.

Later the local Arab dynasty the Habbarids ruled the majority of Sindh until 1011.

The Multan Emirate (another Arab originated dynasty) ruled much of Punjab for centuries until the Ghazvanids (the Turkic invaders I was talking about earlier)

So yes, Islam was well-established among Sindhi people before the Turkic (not Persian) dynasties emerged. Similarly with Baloch and Pashtuns.

Most Islamic Golden Age scientists were Arab in origin, this is well established. However it is also well-established that Iranians were the second biggest contributors.

As for contributions of Persian scientists in Al-Andalus, there were not any from what I know of, as there were simply no Persian presence that far away from contemporary Iran. Baghdad is another thing altogether.

And as I wrote, all the non-Arab scientists wrote their major scholarly/scientific works in Arabic which was the lingua franca.

The whole "Bedouin" talk makes no sense either when Arabia is home to some of the oldest continuously inhabited cities on the planet and some of the oldest civilizations as well. This is well-documented as well. Don't confuse artificial tiny areas of Arabia such as UAE/Qatar with Arabia proper. That is like concluding that Pakistan is a huge desert by just visiting the interior of Sindh.

As for wrong side of the history, I would argue that you could not be more wrong. Much of the Arab lands of the Ottoman Empire were a backwater for centuries (compared to earlier heights) because the Arabs were the nominal plurality of the empire but all the power/focus was on Istanbul and the Balkans. This is also well-known. Hence why local dynasties in Northern Africa, Egypt, Iraq, Levant, Arabia used to rule but nominally under the Caliph.

Also I am 100% sure that most GCC Arabs are grateful that "they" (in reality it were the Meccan Sharifs/Hashemites, many Arabs supported the Ottomans) have independent states and that all their enormous wealth is not to be shared in some multi-ethnic empire. I think that you need to be quite an idiot to thing otherwise.

If that had been Pakistan and we were floating on oil and gas (like the GCC and Iran are) but had the option to chose to remain under the Mughals or to become independent, there would be no doubt about what we would chose as a people.

And let us be honest, the overly focus about the Arab Revolt among some Pakistanis is incredible hilarious and always used as an agenda.

It omits the Albanian, Bosnian revolts and the Young Turks themselves revolting against the outdated Ottoman elite. The Ottoman Empire was a dying empire for centuries (since 1683 it was going downwards) and the Turks themselves removed it. To blame Arabs for its downfall, is to have an agenda.

A conversation with you would have been easier if you just openly admitted that you view Arabs negatively. No problem with that, but that would clear the air and save our time. I for once have a positive view of Arabs based on my personal interactions and my fondness of history and Arab-Pakistani relations whether pre-Islamic or Islamic. Each to their own.

20220625_215728.jpg

@_NOBODY_

Page 1 Bin Qasim landing
Page 2 1857 War
Page 3 Pakistan gained freedom in 1947
State has done poor job in this regard
It has taught us wrong history
After reading academic books of 6th,7th,and 8th You will think that only mughals existed in this part of world.
A little paragraph about Alexander's invasion on Punjab that too incomplete.

I wish we could change this and give Pakistan a clear cut state ideology acceptable to all Punjabis, Pushtoons, Sindhis, Balochs and other groups.

Currently,state does not know what's its ideology and is walking on vague path with no clear cut identity and ideology.

I would argue that Arabic is a far more sophisticated language by virtue of its greater vocabulary, diversity (dialects), enormous linguistic influence on languages on 5 continets (there is no language more influential language than Arabic in the Muslim world), the Quranic (Classical Arabic) element, the huge literary tradition.
It was literally the lingua franca of science and education for centuries, even in the West, hence the many Arabic-derived words in the technical/astronomy/mathematical/chemical field. Not to mention the poetry and music that influenced music fields across the world. Arabic was taught in Oxford for centuries for God's sake. All the most famous Muslim scientists regardless of their ethnicity wrote their main works in Arabic. Even the Mughal's used Arabic as a scholarly language even though none of their subjects spoke it.

It is without a doubt one of the most beautiful and influential languages in the world.

Farsi is a language that I like as well and it is also a language hugely influenced by Arabic vocabulary. Apropos.

Many of my countrymen are quite ignorant in this regard (Arab countries, Arabic language etc.) and their knowledge is limited, hence the prejudice of Arabs not being able to communicate with each other. But this ignorance goes both ways, most Arabs, Iranians, Turks and outsiders in general, believe that we Pakistanis are identical to Indians and vice versa, and unfortunately we have a lot of Pakistanis that don't help destroying such a nonsense prejudice.

I don't think that there is any hatred between the average Arab or Turk. To begin with have in mind that millions of Turks are actually of Arab descent. The whole Southern and Southeastern Turkey is very close to neighboring Syria, Iraq. I even once read that the Arab tribes that have lived in Turkey before the Turkic invasions, speak dialects similar to what is being spoken in Najd.

Similarly there are a lot of Arabs of Anatolian (Turkish) ancestry spanning from Yemen to Algeria.

Much of Turkish cuisine originates from Arabic culinary traditions which they got after their expansion to Arab lands in 1517.

So I would argue that people to people/cultural relations are very close.

What has changed is the Syrian exodus to Turkey (no country likes to be flooded by immigrants) and also the different political development post-Ataturk but that is also only partially true as there are many secular Arab nations based on Western-models (at least those in power) similar to Turkey.

I consider that a doubtful thing, Arabs are extremely proud people/nationalistic and often even xenophobic not much different from Turks and Iranians in this regard. If I recall that series was even banned in most of the Arab world due to historical inaccuracies portrayed in that series.

Which BTW gets me to another topic, the average Arab, Iranian and Turk share more in common with each other than the opposite, yet that has never stopped the rivalries or dick measuring contests between them.

There is indeed Arab precense in Anatolian Turkey, particularly in the southern regions. In fact you could also say that President Erdogan's wife has Arab heritage. Having said that, those turks with arabic heritage have accepted Turkish culture's social values and norms and maybe its perhaps because they have lived there for so long that they are now uniquely 'Turkish'.

But can we say the same thing about Turks in Arab world and their fair treatment? The Arabs have always been unfair to those wanted to become their part. In Egypt you will find Ibrahim Pasha's rule and other Turk migrants of the time to be full of scandals and issues. In every history where there is even a slightest British presence, you can expect traitors.

Even someone like Jamal Kashoggi was a Saudi with Turk heritage. Yet the whole world saw how he was murdered by the Saudi state. Unfortunately the Saudis can't change their past. Their Bedouin culture and being in wrong side of history has always created a negative image of them.

The Turks are not by any means perfect either. There are notable differences between secular turkey that of Ataturk and Islamic turkey of the Ottomans. But despite these differences among them, they are proud. I would not equate them to be in the same level as Arabs.

Anyway in all seriousness, Urdu for good and bad (we know the historical reasons to why a largely foreign language was imposed as the state language of Pakistan and by which group of people) is likely to stay along with English. Aside from the various native languages.

So this linguistic "mess" will remain.

The talk of adopting ANY other foreign language will remain just that. Talk.

To begin with, before we try to adopt any other languages, we might try to improve our literacy rate which is woefully bad. I think that this would be a far better idea.

coudnt even read it lol

OT
So first they brought the Urdu language to us with brits that was foreign than English came now Arabic

but nothing for the people of the land? what kinda bs is this ? and why aren't people thinking from this perspective?- this is depressing to see tbh

Sometimes I do wonder why Punjabi never became the official language of Pakistan? After all Punjabis are the largest ethnicity and usually the majority in a country decides the lingua franca.

Anyway although I would love it, is is unrealistic to try teach all Pakistanis all of our 4 main languages (Punjabi, Pashtun, Sindhi and Balochi).

It is a controversial topic, but I don't think that Urdu has fully served its role as intended.

What is your take on this important topic @Indus Pakistan , curious to hear your opinion about it.

State has done poor job in this regard
It has taught us wrong history
After reading academic books of 6th,7th,and 8th You will think that only mughals existed in this part of world.
A little paragraph about Alexander's invasion on Punjab that too incomplete.

I wish we could change this and give Pakistan a clear cut state ideology acceptable to all Punjabis, Pushtoons, Sindhis, Balochs and other groups.

Currently,state does not know what's its ideology and is walking on vague path with no clear cut identity and ideology.

Bingo.

@Edevelop

@Khashoggi was not Turkish. Only his VERY distant relatives were.

His grandfather;

This is what Wikipedia says about him (there are references to the claims)

Khashoggi's remote Turkish ancestors made the Hajj from Kayseri to Mecca some four centuries earlier and decided to stay.[3][4]

Otherwise all of his family and lineage was Saudi Arabian Arab. So he was more an Arab than a Turk and his death had nothing to do with his ancestry. According to Wikipedia there are 300.000 local Saudi Arabians of Turkish (Anatolian) ancestry. Many close to the state as well. I have never heard about any tensions so once again I am afraid that you have studied a different history from that of everyone else.

If Khashoggi is Turkish, millions of Pakistanis are apparently Arab because of their claims of being Sayyid's etc. Come on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom