What's new

Apple goes racist, shuns Iranian clients

What do you mean Iranian / Persian is not a race?

I meant exactly what i said.

Is Australian a race?
No.

Persians are one of the oldest IF not 'the' oldest civilization on the damn planet....
True, but not a race. Please do some research on Race, ethnicity and nationality.

Thanks.

The most idiotic and irrelevant post that could have been made in response to this topic is this one.

You are just saying that for the hell of it. My post is extremely relevant. You obviously haven't read the thread.

what does their race have to do with anything?

Try READING the title of the thread and the actual news story in the first post. If you opened your eyes you would see the term "RACIST" used.

I meant exactly what i said.

No.

True, but not a race. Please do some research on Race, ethnicity and nationality.

Thanks.

You are just saying that for the hell of it. My post is extremely relevant. You obviously haven't read the thread.

Try READING the title of the thread and the actual news story in the first post. If you opened your eyes you would see the term "RACIST" used.
It's a racist move, but Iranian being a race or Persian being a race etc... is not relevant. What RACE THEY BELONG TO is not the topic here and you're crazy for changing the topic like this.

The fact of the matter is that the manager tried to refuse a sale based on his hatred for the girl's nationality/race or whatever the heck you wanna call it. Apple does not say you cannot sell to people of Iranian or Cuban origin. Apple is simply following the export control laws mandated by the US govt. These laws mean that Apple cannot export their products to Iran, Cuba and other sanctioned nations and that no agent, distributer or third party entity can be used to export the products to Iran. The manager tried to abuse the laws for some personal vendeta. Apple has already issued an apology and is probably sending out memos to all the stores as we speak. The woman is also suing the company and she will most likely settle out of court.

We all know what your opinion is about IRanians. There are plenty of threads where you can vent your anger and be as racist as you want. In this case you're using a lame and irrelevant arguement to try and show that the racist employee wasn't doing anything wrong. Apple has already said that the employee was at fault here and they don't support his actions.

Whether "Iranian" is an ethnicity, nationality... is completely and utterly irrelevant. Who gives a ****? The point is that the employee asked what language they were speaking, knowing full well the answer, and then refused service out of god knows what reason.

It's a racist move, but Iranian being a race or Persian being a race etc... is not relevant. What RACE THEY BELONG TO is not the topic here and you're crazy for changing the topic like this.

Do you contradict yourself on purpose? You are saying race is irrelevant and that it has nothing to do with the topic and then you say it's a racist move? Do you actually read what you type?

Please look up the definition of racism, because you obviously don't know it.

The fact is that Iranian/Persian is not a race, therefore you cannot call Apple's actions "Racist". It's not that hard to understand.

In this case you're using a lame and irrelevant arguement to try and show that the racist employee wasn't doing anything wrong

I'm not trying to say the employee wasn't doing anything wrong. The reason i'm saying all of this is because i am sick and tired of being using the term "Racist" for everything in the known universe. Either use it with its correct definition, or don't use it at all.

It's so simple.

Whether "Iranian" is an ethnicity, nationality... is completely and utterly irrelevant. Who gives a ****?

it isn't irrelevant. I once again invite you to read the topic. The term "Racist" was used, but Iranian is not a race, so therefore the term "Racist" should not have been used.

Iran is under sanctions and tech companies especially want no part in being in violation of those sanctions. I personaly know of a company that was dealing with Dell computers tech support on a laptop that was having problems. The company IT tech casually told the dell tech that the computer was recently used on a trip to Iran. That brought everything to a halt and the company which did a ton of yearly business with Dell was black listed from doing any further business.

hahha like Iran will have IPAD if not they will have problem hahhaha lol
IRAN dont need IPAD as they have there own version or they will make there own same

there is nothing in IPAD so special i mean so stupid concept how can you put sanction on the Computer and Apple stuff

hahha like Iran will have IPAD if not they will have problem hahhaha lol
IRAN dont need IPAD as they have there own version or they will make there own same

there is nothing in IPAD so special i mean so stupid concept how can you put sanction on the Computer and Apple stuff

we have ! Dimo 900 :devil:

The fact of the matter is that the manager tried to refuse a sale based on his hatred for the girl's nationality/race or whatever the heck you wanna call it. Apple does not say you cannot sell to people of Iranian or Cuban origin. Apple is simply following the export control laws mandated by the US govt. These laws mean that Apple cannot export their products to Iran, Cuba and other sanctioned nations and that no agent, distributer or third party entity can be used to export the products to Iran. The manager tried to abuse the laws for some personal vendeta. Apple has already issued an apology and is probably sending out memos to all the stores as we speak. The woman is also suing the company and she will most likely settle out of court.

We all know what your opinion is about IRanians. There are plenty of threads where you can vent your anger and be as racist as you want. In this case you're using a lame and irrelevant arguement to try and show that the racist employee wasn't doing anything wrong. Apple has already said that the employee was at fault here and they don't support his actions.

Whether "Iranian" is an ethnicity, nationality... is completely and utterly irrelevant. Who gives a ****? The point is that the employee asked what language they were speaking, knowing full well the answer, and then refused service out of god knows what reason.

it is not RACIST at all... the word your looking for is discriminative

Iran is under sanctions and tech companies especially want no part in being in violation of those sanctions. I personaly know of a company that was dealing with Dell computers tech support on a laptop that was having problems. The company IT tech casually told the dell tech that the computer was recently used on a trip to Iran. That brought everything to a halt and the company which did a ton of yearly business with Dell was black listed from doing any further business.
Grandpa can't read for shittt has entered the buillding.

Your drivel is so out of place. Buddy, two US citizens have gone to an Apple Store to buy something, they were refused service for speaking a particular language and the reason that was given was completely nonsensical. US export control laws have **** all to do with this case. Apple has already issued an apology and you're feeding everyone bull crap about some random event that either you cooked up or understood incorrectly. If Dell is stupid enough to confuse export control laws with a ******* laptop crossing international boundaries than your nation has totally gone insane.

In any case, Apple isn't making excuses here. They've said the employee was at fault. You two can kindly move out of the way and find some other thread to spread your venom.

it is not RACIST at all... the word your looking for is discriminative
ah for ****'s sake

call it whatever the **** you want. The employee refused service and abused his power based on US export control laws that don't apply to selling or providing service to US citizens. This is so simple that the only deduction that could be made is that the employee does not like Iranians. Further proof is that the employee went towards the potential customers and asked, very specifically, the language they were conversing in and then promptly moved on to do his whole thing. I think it's ******* obvious that the man doesn't ask the ethnicity of every single person he sees so he knew what language they were speaking. He knew that they were Iranians and more specifically that they were conversing in Persian.

Discrimination is when the company itself gives out a mandate that nobody is allowed to sell to people of Iranian descent. Here the man acted on his own and out of his own hatred of the two customers based on their ethnicity.

ah for ****'s sake

call it whatever the **** you want. The employee refused service and abused his power based on US export control laws that don't apply to selling or providing service to US citizens. This is so simple that the only deduction that could be made is that the employee does not like Iranians. Further proof is that the employee went towards the potential customers and asked, very specifically, the language they were conversing in and then promptly moved on to do his whole thing. I think it's ******* obvious that the man doesn't ask the ethnicity of every single person he sees so he knew what language they were speaking. He knew that they were Iranians and more specifically that they were conversing in Persian.

Discrimination is when the company itself gives out a mandate that nobody is allowed to sell to people of Iranian descent. Here the man acted on his own and out of his own hatred of the two customers based on their ethnicity.

omg.. how stupid... anyone can discriminate.. obviously the INDIVIDUAL did DISCRIMINATE!!!, a company doesnt have to give out a mandate for it to be discrimination, how about you look up the F---ing definition...

maybe he discriminated against them, not because they were speaking persion language, but because they were RUDE enough to sit there in an ENGLISH speaking country, and these idiots were not even speaking in english!!.. i would say that would be the difference... how someone can hear people talking then automatically say ohh they speaking persion.. or ohh they speaking swahili LOL... you realise how idiotic that is? unless he understands persion words, he has no way of knowing

therefore one can only deduce that he discriminated because these people, who are lucky enough to be living in the USA couldnt even talk in english. .. and before you say ohh the apple employee admitted it was cuz they were speaking persion bla bla, they probably were whinging and complaing that because they were iranian they were refused to buy hardware etc, only then did the employee know they were speaking iran language lol

If Dell is stupid enough to confuse export control laws with a ******* laptop crossing international boundaries than your nation has totally gone insane.

No it just underscores your obvious lack of understanding of those laws and thier requirements.

A nice corporate compliance website is:

U.S. Export Controls - Difficulty of Trading with Syria, Cuba, Iran, Sudan

"Some of the best advice for complying with complicated U.S. export control laws matches up with sound business advice. Investigate your buyer"

i think APPLE AND USA IS AFRAID of Iran Ahmadinejad n he might go to nuclear power plant and will use the IPAD AND IPHONE and update twitter and FB status from there hahahaha
location Bashar Power plant
Status We are making nuclear bomba hahahahahahha LOL

N o parts of IPAD or IPHONE can be used in relation to the nuclear program of Iran

How dumb are they ban the Apple products

But man she is an American and she try to buy a national product she is not for sure in Iran.

Back
Top Bottom