What's new

Apache-Chinook choppers deal to be signed soon

Why don't army order in this month itself ?

Why are risking 40% price hike ?

They're signig the deal this month.... We've asked the Americans over 14 times to extend the period without hiking the price.. Americans are tired which is understandable... Now they've given this month as a deadline if not signed then the price will ge over 4o%

No price hike. Provision already there for additional Apache at the same cost...

Well I guess :(

No price hike. Provision already there for additional Apache at the same cost...

Hi
The real reason behind Russia-Pak tango on Su 35 :)
Hi
No. Real reason is because Put in became crazy and another reason would be to put pressure on India during Modi visit to Moscow to get as many deals for PakFa and others as possible.

Off topic either way

How many Mi-35 have the IAF lost over a long period of operations? Almost none and that too despite having deployed them in live combat.

Have no doubt that world class IAF maintenance and foolproof US warranties will take care of these babies nicely.

That's not how it would work my friend. Of this 22 the IAF will form 2 SQNs of mixed (longbow/non-longbow) units so as to maximise the performance of the fleet as a whole as outlined in my post above.

Mi35 have been relatively safe Helis
With 1 Combat loss in Kargil and 1 crash in 27 years of operation

IAF orders 22 + optional 11( at same price )

Indian army yet to talk , I am not sure they will sell at the same price of IAF couple of years later.. for army requirement of 39

IAF orders 22 + optional 11( at same price )

Indian army yet to talk , I am not sure they will sell at the same price of IAF couple of years later.. for army requirement of 39

Watha fuk do u have any source ?

real reason russia set free from this indo-rus friendship . tum log khareedo sari dunya se wo na bechy sari dunya ko ? why ?
AH bhai saarc satellite chaiye our nahi chaiye 8-)

I saw you reply on 30000 troops training thread but further comments was closed. Is it the way to talk with "Your Highness" :disagree:

I saw you reply on 30000 troops training thread but further comments was closed. Is it the way to talk with "Your Highness" :disagree:
did i say something wrong in that thread ????????:(

Apache and Chinook in IAF; Modi govt’s biggest defence deals so far | The Indian Express

The Cabinet Committee on Security today approved the purchase of Boeing’s Apache and Chinook helicopters for the Indian Air Force (IAF) in a deal worth around $2.5 billion. The deal for 22 Apache attack and 15 heavy lift Chinook helicopters with the United States coincides with Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to the US starting tomorrow. It is the single biggest defence contract signed in the first 16 months of the NDA government.

The contract is believed to have an option for follow-on orders for 11 more Apaches and four extra Chinooks. The deal for Apache is in two parts: one Direct Commercial Sale (DCS) contract will be signed with Boeing for the attack helicopter, while another will be a Foreign Military Sales (FMS) agreement with the US government for its weapons, radars and electronic warfare equipment. The Chinook, which was selected after extensive trials in 2012, is being acquired as a DCS deal.

The 22 Apache helicopters will replace IAF’s Mi-35 attack helicopters and will be armed with Hellfire missiles. Indian Army had also demanded 39 Apache helicopters for its aviation corps, which was approved by the UPA government, after army’s bitter and long-running dispute with the IAF for control of attack helicopters. These attack helicopters were to be deployed by the army as part of its three Strike Corps and for the new mountain strike corps being raised for China border. The army’s requirements could be met by signing a follow up deal with Boeing and the US government.

The Chinooks, which will replace the IAF’s ageing Mi-26 fleet, will be used for heli-lifting of heavy military equipment, including special artillery guns and supplies, to inhospitable areas of the North and the North-East.

This deal has been pending since pending since 2013, when cost negotiations had taken place, and Boeing had reportedly warned the defence ministry that it could not hold to those prices beyond September. Boeing had already given 10 price extensions and the last extension for a month was given on the request of the Indian government.

These helicopters are likely to be delivered within five years. The first helicopter is expected to enter the IAF within three years. The usual practice is for the defence ministry to pay 15 per cent of the negotiated value at the time of signing the contract, while the balance payments are made in accordance with the delivery schedule.

- See more at: Apache and Chinook in IAF; Modi govt’s biggest defence deals so far | The Indian Express

did i say something wrong in that thread ????????:(
:disagree:
Screenshot_2015-09-22-23-32-50.png

YOU : "and you guys will go save japan and vietnam ?:lol:"

:enjoy: Your "Lord Highness is not high today. Lucky you" but drunk.

ary bhai hum trolling na kareen ? because we are marred that is why ? BTW here mr.sharabi is also not high ask BD guys what happen then but its happen only after long time :oops::azn:
:o::angry::disagree::disagree::disagree: 20 kali and ur name goes into the list :agree:

Asshol NDTV flashing it's as 3.1 billion dollars deals :crazy:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom