What's new

Anza Mark III

10 year old thread however the ANZA III project was discontinued. no marked difference between II and III.
They did some imrovements
anza.jpg

if we develop Anza , which is Ground to Air Missile, then why we don't put that in plane, and make it Air to Air missile as well ??

Last edited:
Just had a wandering question for these missiles such as Stinger or Anza series are these fire and forget after initial lock on by the unit

From perspective of ground soldiers not much training is needed

Nice to have few of these around when a low flying Helicopter or Transport copter or fighter Jet comes into range

A great improvement vs what we had prior i.e just Manual Anti Aircraft weaponry

Also I wonder sometimes why the Target acquire cannot be a small hand held Binocular device together with a launcher trigger

While the Anza missiles are stacked up on a 3 x 2 Rack

Here is a Stinger integrated with a Mobile platform
20983a031aea2c50fd083fd4115e27c7.jpg

Moving the platform to the mobile platform , we might be able to increase the size of the missile so it can perhaps fly a bit higher (i.e more fuel) may be bring it to 0-10 km zone

Just had a wandering question for these missiles such as Stinger or Anza series are these fire and forget after initial lock on by the unit

From perspective of ground soldiers not much training is needed

Nice to have few of these around when a low flying Helicopter or Transport copter or fighter Jet comes into range

A great improvement vs what we had prior i.e just Manual Anti Aircraft weaponry

Also I wonder sometimes why the Target acquire cannot be a small hand held Binocular device together with a launcher trigger

While the Anza missiles are stacked up on a 3 x 2 Rack

Here is a Stinger integrated with a Mobile platform
20983a031aea2c50fd083fd4115e27c7.jpg

Moving the platform to the mobile platform , we might be able to increase the size of the missile so it can perhaps fly a bit higher (i.e more fuel) may be bring it to 0-10 km zone

Yes, all MANPADS I know of are fire and forget. When the operator points the launcher he or she is in fact pointing the seeker of the missile allowing it to lock on to the heat source.

There is a sight attached with the system with which the user acquires the target. I don't see why the sight has to be binocular instead of monocular. A binocular sight will make it more cumbersome to operate.

device together with a launcher trigger while the Anza missiles are stacked up on a 3 x 2 Rack
For such systems there is a higher power acquisition system as I think you are suggesting. I don't know if we have developed such a unit using Anzas. I don't think we have as it would have limited utility over 6 guys with 6 anzas. Those guys can be spread out and are harder to hit.

I fear the prohibitive factor isn't our incapability of making bigger rocket motors. It is seeker and control technology. Your idea will only make sense if we can develop a seeker that can detect beyond 5 km. And of course if we have the local expertise to modify the guidance system.

now China has successfully tested intercontinental ballistic missile would be a focal provided great harm to neighboring countries and the international community / with teeth like the aggressive Chinese nuclear threat, there is nothing predictable

Man pad stories are now old enough, hoping something to come out soon with medium to high altitude and range.

Just see the benefits of having in-house IIR technology
They are literally putting IIR seeker on every Missile
A2A
G2A
Anti Ship

Back
Top Bottom