Anza Mark III

EagleEyes

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Anza Mark III
Wednesday, 31 May 2006

Pakistan is building, under license, a modified version of Chinese Qiang Wei-2 man-portable surface-to-air missile (SAM) system. The Pakistan version, known as Anza Mark III, development of the system is understood to have been faciliated by the transfer of Chinese technology, including thermal-imaging and infra-red night-vision system technology according to Janes.

The system is modified to suit the needs of Pakistani Forces. One such major modification is the firing unit, or "gripstock", which seems to be much modern in Anza Mark III and of the type associated with the Russian Igla missile, as opposed to the Chinese firing unit, which is of the type normally associated with the Russian Strela man-portable SAM. The Igla system is known to contain circuitry that enhances the weapon's engagement capabilities. It is also highly likely that the Pakistani Anza Mk III, although modelled on the Chinese QW-2, has been locally modified to allow it to be used with Russian-made missiles should they become available. The Anza Mk III is, therefore, likely to offer an enhanced detection, launch and flight capability compared with the QW-2, with its firing unit possibly interchangeable with the Russian Igla and Igla-1 SAM systems.

The missile is very similar in capability to the American Stinger. The Anza Mark III has a range of about five kilometers, and sensors that can defeat many anti-missile systems. China is believed to have used technology taken from the Stinger for its Qiang Wei line of missiles. Anza Mark III has the missile based on the rocket motor of the Anza Mark II, but its launcher and the missile bare strong resemblance to the Russian 9K310 Igla-1 (NATO codename: SA-16 Gimlet). The basic difference between them is that the first and second Sam Missiles were portable and could be fired from shoulder. While the new version Anza-III is fired by a mobile or fixed launcher.

The Anza-III is basically an anti-aircraft missile and with further research it could be modified as an anti-missile weapon. The Anza-III is lifted in the air by a booster with solid fuel while the heat guidance system, armed with infrared equipment, leads it to the target. With a successful test of Anza-III missile system, Pakistan would be able to finish the Indian dominance of Indian Akash missile. All the missiles of Anza series have been successfully developed by Kahuta Research Laboratories of Pakistan.

How does the system works, doest the seeker has been modified to follow heat signals or through radar?
though seens interesting, but still needs a lot of improvement. ANZA-II was quite successful, the one which shot down the indian plane during Kargil war.

Actually Anza Mark I shot down the Indian plane.

Although the short range MANPADS we have are quite successful we are still lacking in terms of original long range SAM systems. A strong SAM system can really give us an edge while maintaining minimum detterence.

I dont know if the FT-2000 system have been bought or not, but Pakistan had shown interest in it. Imagine a strong SAM system and multiple missile batteries guarding Pakistani defences. It will become really hard for the Indian planes to fight in the Pakistani territory when we will have not bad advanced planes datalinked with Erieye and other planes. It wont be a piece of cake for IAF then.

Webmaster I would like to inform you that the information on the anza "mark III" is very wrong.

The anza mk3 is made fully in pakistan and is not a liscense production. The anza mk3 has the range of 15km (not 5) and can be modified to be a mobile short range SAM carried on a apc

Mark III is the correct designated name according to Janes, MK is only a derivative. According to Janes, it assumes that the range is up to 5 KM and not 15 KM as exaggerated by some of the Pakistani news sources. As being modified to be a mobile SAM system carried on a APC is correct.

WebMaster said:
Mark III is the correct designated name according to Janes, MK is only a derivative. According to Janes, it assumes that the range is up to 5 KM and not 15 KM as exaggerated by some of the Pakistani news sources. As being modified to be a mobile SAM system carried on a APC is correct.

Well it has been known to be various errors in Janes I would stay with the 15km claim which has been confirmed by more reliable sites and members on other forums (Ex-pakistani army)

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
QW-2 SHOULDER-LAUNCHED AIR-DEFENCE MISSILE (Pakistan Anza MK III )

The QianWei-2 (QW-2) is China’s third indigenous shoulder-launched air-defence missile. First revealed in 1998, the missile is based on the rocket motor of the QW-1, but its launcher and the missile bare strong resemblance to the Russian 9K310 Igla-1 (NATO codename: SA-16 Gimlet). The successful development of the QW-2 indicated that China is catching up with Russia in the field of man-portable air-defence system (MANPADS) design, though it still falls behind the U.S. and Europe.

The QW-2 entered service with the PLA in the late 1990s in the form of the Type 95 self-propelled anti-aircraft artillery/surface-to-air missile (SPAAA/SAM) system. There is no man-portable version of the missile in service with the PLA.

SPECIFICATIONS

System length: 1.590m
System weight: 18kg
Missile length: 1.423m
Missile diameter: 0.072m
Missile weight: 11.32kg
Propulsion: Single-stage solid rocket
Operating altitude: 0.01 ~ 3.5km
Operating range: 0.5~6km
Maximum speed: 600m/s
Guidance: Infrared
Warhead: 0.57kg

The QW-2 is an advanced shoulder-launched air-defence missile system developed from the QW-1 but upgraded with the Russian 9K310 Igla-1 (SA-16 Gimlet) technology.

There is no man-portable version of the QW-2 in PLA service. The missile has been deployed in small numbers in the form of Type 95 self-propelled anti-aircraft artillery/surface-to-air missile (SPAAA/SAM) system.

http://www.sinodefence.com/army/surfacetoairmissile/qw2.asp

WebMaster said:
Actually Anza Mark I shot down the Indian plane.

Although the short range MANPADS we have are quite successful we are still lacking in terms of original long range SAM systems. A strong SAM system can really give us an edge while maintaining minimum detterence.

I dont know if the FT-2000 system have been bought or not, but Pakistan had shown interest in it. Imagine a strong SAM system and multiple missile batteries guarding Pakistani defences. It will become really hard for the Indian planes to fight in the Pakistani territory when we will have not bad advanced planes datalinked with Erieye and other planes. It wont be a piece of cake for IAF then.
yes you are right. Indians areright now passing through a backlash phase. just like whats happening with jews world over.
:army: :flag:

With a successful test of Anza-III missile system, Pakistan would be able to finish the Indian dominance of Indian Akash missile.

The author sure does look like he's not been entirely informed of the difference between a Manpad and a medium range Sam.

The Anza-III is a portable tube launch system with short range as of the Akash system its been said to have 30km in range and has simliarities in appearance as of the Russian Buk M1 SAM.

Anyway, the FT2000 would bring the balance back to Pakistan once again so lets wait and see.

This is what Pakistan should get, forget the FT2000!!

KS-1A Air-defense system

Built and design for export for the Malaysian Armed forces bid for next gen SAM system. Not being truly satisfied with the the original model of the KS-1 system with of a range of 30km and the weaker 120km detection radar, the Chinese improved both the range of the radar and missile to meet their export customers requirements. Now with the improved model the KS-1A can now be compared to Russia's Buk M2 SAM system. Malaysia will be the first customer, along with the technology transfer of local production of Chinese Manpads for the purchase of the new SAM.

Improvements:

*300km Phase array detection radar

*50 km surface-to-air missile

1df47fee85968d619fa11e90199a8a20.jpg

ANY NEWS ON THAT
WHEN WIL THEY ROLL IT OUT
OR WAS IT JUST ONE OF OUR WET DREAM???

Wet dream? Its already out.. and operational. What specifically do you want to know?

When it was out as there was no news or video or reports in print or electronic media as long as I know.
Please give details and info if it is in serial production and links if possible.
Thanks Webby.

any news about it any pic man i have been waiting for it since i was in college i have all ready done my masters now still i havent seen a single pic of it
pakistan realy badly needs to improve its SAM capability

Back
Top Bottom