What's new

Anza Mark III

There are pictures in the gallery.. see it for yourself. I will paste it here once i get some time. :)

Webmaster I would like to inform you that the information on the anza "mark III" is very wrong.

The anza mk3 is made fully in pakistan and is not a liscense production. The anza mk3 has the range of 15km (not 5) and can be modified to be a mobile short range SAM carried on a apc

The Anza MKIII is basically the Chinese QW-2 and it is under licenced production.

This is what Pakistan should get, forget the FT2000!!

KS-1A Air-defense system

Built and design for export for the Malaysian Armed forces bid for next gen SAM system. Not being truly satisfied with the the original model of the KS-1 system with of a range of 30km and the weaker 120km detection radar, the Chinese improved both the range of the radar and missile to meet their export customers requirements. Now with the improved model the KS-1A can now be compared to Russia's Buk M2 SAM system. Malaysia will be the first customer, along with the technology transfer of local production of Chinese Manpads for the purchase of the new SAM.

Improvements:

*300km Phase array detection radar

*50 km surface-to-air missile

1df47fee85968d619fa11e90199a8a20.jpg

This does look impressive, but why not go one step better and try to get the HQ-16

The Anza MKIII is basically the Chinese QW-2 and it is under licenced production.

not a w** dream anymore....

JANE'S DEFENCE WEEKLY:

Pakistan builds on Chinese SAM system

James C O'Halloran Editor, Jane's Land-Based Air Defence

Pakistan is now in a position to series-produce a modified version of the Chinese Qiang Wei-2 (QW-2) man-portable surface-to-air missile (SAM) system known locally as the Anza Mk III, according to documents recently acquired in Asia.

Development of the system is understood to have been facilitated by the transfer of Chinese technology, including thermal-imaging and infra-red night-vision system technology.

It would appear from photographic evidence that Pakistan has made several modifications to the system, probably to conform to local requirements and operational use with the Pakistani armed forces.

One such major modification is the firing unit, or 'gripstock', which in the Pakistani version seems more modern and of the type associated with the Russian Igla missile, as opposed to the Chinese firing unit, which is of the type normally associated with the Russian Strela man-portable SAM. The Igla system is known to contain circuitry that enhances the weapon's engagement capabilities. It is also highly likely that the Pakistani Anza Mk III, although modelled on the Chinese QW-2, has been locally modified to allow it to be used with Russian-made missiles should they become available. The Anza Mk III is, therefore, likely to offer an enhanced detection, launch and flight capability compared with the QW-2, with its firing unit possibly interchangeable with the Russian Igla and Igla-1 SAM systems.

Can some one tell me how much ONE ANZA COST?????????

How much pakistan is able to make in the given budget.

Thats intresting news it is easily compare to the Stinger and this specific version is looking for advance then stinger.

I found this image of Anza on some web forum.

This was built for MK-3 right?

This picture is very old it is from around 1991 when we got the first Anza mk I

Anza mark 1 and two picture for you guys
ac64b377cfeee90b7b7f294d5dfb5be2.jpg

http://www.fas.org[IMG]

[url]http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/missile/row/anza-fpok.jpg[/url]

/man/dod-101/sys/missile/row/anza-gctws1.jpg[/IMG]

These pictures are all Anza 1 and 2, the mark 3 is a mark 2 with an additional booster stage. No longer a manpad. But can get to 7km from what i read. Wasn't a big improvement so not inducted i suppose.

Back
Top Bottom