What's new

Anybody have Lasik done?

This is new procedure. Lasik and Lasek are around for almost 30 years. So long term affects are known better than Relex Smile.

No, this is the same thing but its now done way way better. Compare this to normal procedure which is to cut almost all surface of cornea. With this the results are better and its as if you never done anything to your eyes. Because they only need to cut just tiny part of cornea.

Hello, I had Lasik surgery on 7 sept. Surgery went fine. Recently, they took my lens and I am using drops (FML Forte, Vigamax, Nevanac and Systane now). I am a patient of myopia with around - 7. It's been a week and it seems that I have 1.5 number reduced but on the contrary, I have double vision in my left eye. I read on internet about double vision (diplopia). I just needed some advise on fast recovery with Lasik and treatment with double vision. Though, I will consult my doctor tomorrow as I noticed it this Saturday.
I started using computer this Saturday and I have headaches. Apart from that I have pain in my neck when I face downwards. Although for drying process, Systane seems fine and for pain Nevanac works too.
Does that affect my healing process? Please share some light onto this.

Hello, I had Lasik surgery on 7 sept. Surgery went fine. Recently, they took my lens and I am using drops (FML Forte, Vigamax, Nevanac and Systane now). I am a patient of myopia with around - 7. It's been a week and it seems that I have 1.5 number reduced but on the contrary, I have double vision in my left eye. I read on internet about double vision (diplopia). I just needed some advise on fast recovery with Lasik and treatment with double vision. Though, I will consult my doctor tomorrow as I noticed it this Saturday.
I started using computer this Saturday and I have headaches. Apart from that I have pain in my neck when I face downwards. Although for drying process, Systane seems fine and for pain Nevanac works too.
Does that affect my healing process? Please share some light onto this.

Why did they put lens on your eyes? was it PRK?

If you had Lasik there should not be any pain afterwards. Just slight discomfort for few hours. Healing takes time. It may take 3 months to heal but the flap edges seal quite securely within 24 hours.

I am going for surgery very soon for my -3.00 myopia. Blind as bat without glasses. I just want functional vision without glasses. That's it. Even if I need to wear glasses after the surgery I will wear it gladly but I need to atleast SEE something without glasses. Talked with doctor. PRK/ Lasek is extremely painful but its better surgery than Lasik . I don't know what surgery I should get. :(

Back
Top Bottom