What's new

Any source of chilled beer in lahore ? Please share !

No , friend , there are medical benefits .

However they are severely outweighed by the harm it causes to the human body , add the potential of abuse , the risks involved , the resultant abusive behavior and you have a recipe for disaster !

Use it " moderately " and " responsibly " and you wont have no problem . Plus its the beer with very low alc content .

Ah ! People need to be told about the infamous King Fahd Causeway too !

@mafiya :D

The forbidden highway :yay:

But no need to go to bahrain, Qatar itself became very modern. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol:

beer is in food category and not in the "medical drugs" category.

So it is not going to be on prescription. even if you ask your doctor?

here is a quick link to the benefits of beer or wine in moderation.

Beer's Health Benefits, Consumed In Moderation, May Be Similar To Those Of Wine

We had a seminar as part of our winter school on metabolomics....

In case you people do not know what it means:
metabolomics is the scientific study of chemical processes involving metabolites. Specifically, metabolomics is the "systematic study of the unique chemical fingerprints that specific cellular processes leave behind", the study of their small-molecule metabolite profiles

Well, we were told that alcohol of any level changes the gut biome and hence causes more stomach problem then anything! It changes the pH and also causes the bacterial profile to be different and troubling...the effects last some 20hrs or so...and data that had not been published showed that THERE IS NO clear relationship between the claim that wine is good for health...once it is published I will post it...I think the speaker was from some hospital in Rome or something

They had used some 3-4 human gut profiles to compare (very small number if you ask me) and they found not much problem there but the very fact that THEY DID find a significant change in the gut biome countered ANY RESEARCH that alcohol is good for human consumption...

They were keen on studying it but since it was not given funding, it is treated as a side project...

So anyone giving me studies or whatnot, please read effects of alcohol on gut microbiome!

We had a seminar as part of our winter school on metabolomics....

In case you people do not know what it means:

Well, we were told that alcohol of any level changes the gut biome and hence causes more stomach problem then anything! It changes the pH and also causes the bacterial profile to be different and troubling...the effects last some 20hrs or so...and data that had not been published showed that THERE IS NO clear relationship between the claim that wine is good for health...once it is published I will post it...I think the speaker was from some hospital in Rome or something

They had used some 3-4 human gut profiles to compare (very small number if you ask me) and they found not much problem there but the very fact that THEY DID find a significant change in the gut biome countered ANY RESEARCH that alcohol is good for human consumption...

They were keen on studying it but since it was not given funding, it is treated as a side project...

So anyone giving me studies or whatnot, please read effects of alcohol on gut microbiome!

I may be wrong. but our gut profile changes when we consume anything, but especially fermented food. Yogurt, Kimchi, sour kraut, etc. all fall in the same category.

@op

you are a bad man. very very bad man.

You cousin is probably enjoying a cold one by now, while we are going hoarse discussing the topic

You are a terrible man. Terrible ;)

They had used some 3-4 human gut profiles to compare (very small number if you ask me) and they found not much problem there but the very fact that THEY DID find a significant change in the gut biome countered ANY RESEARCH that alcohol is good for human consumption.

Were they in any way whatsoever trying to determine the cause of Irritable Bowel Syndrome by looking into that ? IBS is a diagnosis of exclusion and there have been much debate regarding its pathogenesis .

I may be wrong. but our gut profile changes when we consume anything, but especially fermented food. Yogurt, Kimchi, sour kraut, etc. all fall in the same category.

Nope you are not wrong...Gut profile can change from fermented food...but it is not a significant change nor harmful one...however, pouring yourself with some form of disinfectant i.e. alcohol does have some affects...I honestly tried staying awake but the lady had a horrible accent which made me bored...I was awake in the middle, and end for the conclusion :oops: :ashamed:

Were they in any way whatsoever trying to determine the cause of Irritable Bowel Syndrome by looking into that ? IBS is a diagnosis of exclusion and there have been much debate regarding its pathogenesis .
@Secur metablomics can deal with a wide range of things...I am not sure if they were specifically trying to learn about any PARTICULAR disease...they were just checking the effects of different wine and other beverages on the gut microbiome

oh wait i remember they were studying probiotic and postbiotic and the metabolites produced...

the meaning of the 2 words:

Probiotics are living bacteria found in some foods. They survive the digestive process and then live in the human intestine, providing some health benefits.

Only rarely does "post-biotic" refer to the useful chemicals produced by the beneficial, probiotic bacteria.

@Secur metablomics can deal with a wide range of things...I am not sure if they were specifically trying to learn about any PARTICULAR disease...they were just checking the effects of different wine and other beverages on the gut microbiome

oh wait i remember they were studying probiotic and postbiotic and the metabolites produced...

the meaning of the 2 words:

I am aware , maam :D

Just that the Irritable Bowel Syndrome is the least studied and the most troublesome and somehow mysterious disease left of the digestive system and a number of causes have been linked with it but not one of them has ever been proven .

lolz...produce the medical findings because I would like to see BEER on a prescription :rofl:

Beer helps with Kidney stones and yeah doctor advises you to drink beer if you have one and can drink one. But then who the hell drink beer/alcohol just for health reasons? There is some thing to life called fun and enjoyment and there is no better fun than to be at bar with friends watching your favorite sports.

Also, with in limits nothing is harmful. It hurts when you exceed the limits.. A drink or two on a weekends doesn't hurt anyone.

Neither am I nor ANYONE AROUND ME....
Something is wrong with you....encouraging liver damage over anything I EVER COMMENTED...sounds logical to NOBODY!

Yes dear you did that, check your previous posts there you asked the guy asking for a beer to leave his American ways in America.
My question to you was can you leave your Pakistani culture in Pakistan? That was a simple question you can answer it without going in loops and circles.

Liver damage for drinking a couple of beers. Lol, you are funny.

There's pleasure in pain too , amigo :D

To give a brief overview , alcohol acts as a mild stimulant causing euphoria , increased sociability , lowering of inhibitions and relaxation ( at low concentration ) and strong depressant causing loss of concentration , impaired motor and cognitive function , disassociation , lost sensations , distortions in space-time perception ( rare ) , temporarily lost ability to form memories ( anterograde amnesia ) , unconsciousness ( at higher concentrations ) , besides that it potentiates the actions of other sedative drugs by competitive binding at GABA - type A receptors in the brain and thus remains the principal drug of abuse and leading cause of death by combined drug intoxication .

Hmm.. Then just roll out a joint. Not saying that its allowed in Islam, but its atleast better than alcohol...

Just to say it, I dont judge anyone. Dont wanna be seen as a hypocrite if I myself do or have done it once.

Hmm.. Then just roll out a joint. Not saying that its allowed in Islam, but its atleast better than alcohol...

Just to say it, I dont judge anyone. Dont wanna be seen as a hypocrite if I myself do or have done it once.

Sure . Ranks much higher on the safety factor . This isn't a religious debate , relax !

Chill out :D

Sure . Ranks much higher on the safety factor . This isn't a religious debate , relax !

Chill out :D

Yh man I know, but im sure I'll be targetted by people who will turn this into a useless religious battle.

Its what happens on all forums... *sigh*

Yh man I know, but im sure I'll be targetted by people who will turn this into a useless religious battle.

Its what happens on all forums... *sigh*

Ahh , its not a problem , cmon .

Not on our watch .

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom