What's new

Any questions regarding Sri Lanka

Who are the original inhabitants of Lanka? Veddas,Sinhalese or Tamils?

No one knows exactly but Veddahs are regarded as the oldest remaining bloodline of the ancient people. But Veddah generations after 1900s are heavily mixed with Sinhalese or Tamil.

However Sinhalese is mixed of many ethnicities such as Tamil, Bengali, Malayalam, somewhat Gujarati etc. and the indigenous Hela people.

Is sri lankan cricket team majority tamil?

If yes then how they are viewed by majority sinhalese people?

Only Tamil cricketer was Murali, apart from that Maharoof is Sri Lanka Moor ethnic. (muslim) All other players are Sinhalese.

Skyline forgot Russel Arnold who is a Tamil Chatholic

^^ Ops, I forgot him, I was thinking about TM Dilshan.

What are your opinion on winning the world cup , cause WI has turned out to be a hell of a team

What are your opinion on winning the world cup , cause WI has turned out to be a hell of a team

We are winning tomorrow!

487935_163732687084135_1076267751_n.jpg

What the chances of Mr.Rajapkse's return to power in SL. Isn't he popular now for obliterating the LTTE?

What the chances of Mr.Rajapkse's return to power in SL. Isn't he popular now for obliterating the LTTE?

He is popular in every election, our opposition leadership is weak. so Easy win for President Rajapaksha. after his 3rd term Basil Rajapaksha will be President...

He is popular in every election, our opposition leadership is weak. so Easy win for President Rajapaksha. after his 3rd term Basil Rajapaksha will be President...

Gota is more appropriate IMO. however Basil will be the next President.

How do normal lankan youngsters (by normal i mean rich one's) react to Indian bikes ???

How do normal lankan youngsters (by normal i mean rich one's) react to Indian bikes ???

well, we have no alternative these days other than Indian models to buy so people buy them (in Sri Lanka Japanese bikes have far more value than Indian bikes. Even older Japanese bike are sold at high prize than modern Indian bikes). CT-100 and Discovery is more famous among general public and bike like Apaches, Hunk etc. are somewhat popular among adrenalin junkies. However bikes like Honda CBR is the mainstream attraction.

I am a huge admirer of honda cbr and apache RTR :tup:
BTW i am planning to buy a Cbr in the near future ;)

Other facts...
Sri Lanka has the lowest gravity on the earth...

indian-ocen-gravity-map.jpg

Oh...but how does this low gravity manifest itself...any idea SKYLINE???

Btw ...i have read in some genetic study that the Sri Lankans in general have close genetic links to the Bengalis rather than the Tamils, Malayalis or others. Is it true ?

I have no idea how much difference it has.
Sri Lanka may be idle location for the "space lift" which Sir Arthur C Clarke had mentioned.

--

Yep, In the last recent genetic survey mentioning about it.

Genetic_admixture_of_Sinhalese_by_Papiha.PNG

btw who are bengalis?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom