What's new

Any questions regarding Sri Lanka

With due respect to skyline on his efforts..He is incorrect here..The most favous Tamil Lankan cricketer is Murali..but dozens of others have represented the country proudly..Starting from the great Mahadevan Sathasivam,Russel Arnold,Mario Villevirayan,Vinothan John to name a few and most importantly the new Test and ODI Captain Angelo Mathews happens to be Lankan of Tamil origin

I was referring to players in the recent history...
Angelo Mathews is half-Tamil / half-Sinhalese, TM Dilshan also half-Sinhalese/ half-Malay according to my knowledge.

I was referring to players in the recent history...
Angelo Mathews is half-Tamil / half-Sinhalese, TM Dilshan also half-Sinhalese/ half-Malay according to my knowledge.

Nope Both Angelo's parents are Tamil Catholics and so is he..Yeah Dilshan's mum is Sinhalese..He started off his career as Taun Mohammed Dilshan but Sinhalised his name for some unforeseen reason

And as in Recent history my friend both Russel Arnold and Mario represented the national team..And Russel have been a International commentator since

Do Sinhalese feel any connection to India?

Well from my personal observations..Yes both the main ethnic groups trace thier origins to India..Sinhalese to North India and Tamils to obviously Tamil nadu in the south..And there is a sizeble community of Malaylee's and Eastern Muslim community(Eastern province) mainly consists of people of origin from Coromandel coast which is essencially Andra and Sindi and Gujarati(Later migrants than the Sinhalese) communities mainly occupied in trade in Colombo..And a sprinkling of Parsi's,Bohra etc..So yes

Add to that Sinhalese is Sanskrit,Tamil is Dravidian(Both indus languages) and the Apparent main Religions of the country Buddism and Hinuism was propagated obviously from India

Nope Both Angelo's parents are Tamil Catholics and so is he..Yeah Dilshan's mum is Sinhalese..He started off his career as Taun Mohammed Dilshan but Sinhalised his name for some unforeseen reason

And as in Recent history my friend both Russel Arnold and Mario represented the national team..And Russel have been a International commentator since

Wiki also says Angelo's mother is a Sinhalese...whatever he is Sri Lankan. lol

Angelo Davis Mathews (born 2 June 1987) is a Sri Lankan cricketer and present captain of their T20 side.[1] Like Chaminda Vaas he had his formal education in St. Joseph's College, Colombo. Born in Colombo, to a Jaffna Tamil father and a Sinhalese mother, he captained the Sri Lankan cricket team in the 2006 U-19 Cricket World Cup in Sri Lanka.
Angelo Mathews - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wiki also says Angelo's mother is a Sinhalese...whatever he is Sri Lankan. lol

Wiki also said he was Burgher lol..Thankfully someone corrected it..But yeah he is Sri Lankan and thats what matters

@Gibbs i love armed forces , i will be happy to know details about your armed forces , special forces , can you provide some info ? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
@Gibbs i love armed forces , i will be happy to know details about your armed forces , special forces , can you provide some info ? :)

I'm not an expert on militery affairs..Going by thier posts i think Lone Ranger and Skyline would be more qualified on that..But maybe i'll post some links on our armed forces..

Sri Lanka News | Ministry of Defence and Urban Development - Sri Lanka

Sri Lanka Army - Defenders of the Nation

http://www.navy.lk | Home

Sri Lanka Air Force

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom