What's new

Any questions regarding Sri Lanka

Nice..but you know which 'white vans' I am refering to.

lol yeah, CID officers may using it sometimes.

In some raids they cannot use official vehicles. tugs, thieves, mostly drugs dealers run away when they see Police Jeep or Blue colour jeep. So sometimes they (CID n POLICE) use common vehicle type "white van", some says this method is illegal.

^^ Whenever I visit SL news paper websites there is someone commenting...'Beware of white vans'.Just wanted to know which branch of the govt is using them.

^^ Whenever I visit SL news paper websites there is someone commenting...'Beware of white vans'.Just wanted to know which branch of the govt is using them.

CID - Criminal Investigation Department

Is it also not true that white vans is synonymous with forced disappearances in SL.

There are some cases against government. Also there are fake cases coz of the popularity of this word "white van".

is there any chance the SL parliament will repeal the 13th amendment to the Constitution?

is there any chance the SL parliament will repeal the 13th amendment to the Constitution?

Government can change the constitution if they need to do so, they have 2/3 power in the parliament. 13th amendment means provincial council system in SL, provincial council members are only wasting people's money, all the development projects are doing by government so it is useless system.

Government can change the constitution if they need to do so, they have 2/3 power in the parliament. 13th amendment means provincial council system in SL, provincial council members are only wasting people's money, all the development projects are doing by government so it is useless system.

i know. they can change but what are the chances. as far as i know the SL politicians want to repeal it.

i know. they can change but what are the chances. as far as i know the SL politicians want to repeal it.

Government hasn't announced any thing related that, only 2 ministers has mentioned that in some meeting but nothing yet.

#13 is :tdown:

current system

Municipal councils,
Urban councils
Divisional councils

Provincial councils

Vehicle number plates in Sri Lanka...

plate2.jpg

Sri_Lanka_Super_Car_Enthusiasts_Eve.jpg

mr_013107_04.jpg

2653333625_29af9d6d30.jpg

Three-English-letter-number-plates-for-new-vehicles-sri-lanka.jpg

Recently they are into issuing 3 letter number plates. :D I just wonder will there be number plates in the future such as FUK-4545 , DIC-4545 :lol:

Wish you all a Happy New Year​

This is my favorite thread on PDF and this is my last day on PDF, and this may be my last post :thank_you2:

Special thanks to Pakistani Defence Forum staff maintaining a colourful forum. Thanks all the friends from Sri Lanka, India, Pakistan, China, Bangladesh, Vietnam all other countries...!

I specially want to mention something I felt most of the time some Indian members from Tamilnadu has a huge misunderstanding and misleading info based on Sri Lanka, I did my best to provide ground level reality of here. Than comments I'd love to welocme all of them to visit Sri Lanka that is the best answer for most of doubts.
If anyone have visited Sri Lanka 4-5 years ago I have to say give a visit again because a lot of things have changed, Colombo is much more nice now, Sri Lanka is always FUN :D

MqQg4.jpg

Thank You n Good Bye! Guyz

Wish you all a Happy New Year​

This is my favorite thread on PDF and this is my last day on PDF, and this may be my last post :thank_you2:

Special thanks to Pakistani Defence Forum staff maintaining a colourful forum. Thanks all the friends from Sri Lanka, India, Pakistan, China, Bangladesh, Vietnam all other countries...!

I specially want to mention something I felt most of the time some Indian members from Tamilnadu has a huge misunderstanding and misleading info based on Sri Lanka, I did my best to provide ground level reality of here. Than comments I'd love to welocme all of them to visit Sri Lanka that is the best answer for most of doubts.
If anyone have visited Sri Lanka 4-5 years ago I have to say give a visit again because a lot of things have changed, Colombo is much more nice now, Sri Lanka is always FUN :D

Thank You n Good Bye! Guyz

Enjoyed your post hope this is not the last time you post here, will visit Sri Lanka one day.
Sri_Lanka.gif

Only Tamil cricketer was Murali, apart from that Maharoof is Sri Lanka Moor ethnic. (muslim) All other players are Sinhalese.

With due respect to skyline on his efforts..He is incorrect here..The most favous Tamil Lankan cricketer is Murali..but dozens of others have represented the country proudly..Starting from the great Mahadevan Sathasivam,Russel Arnold,Mario Villevirayan,Vinothan John to name a few and most importantly the new Test and ODI Captain Angelo Mathews happens to be Lankan of Tamil origin

how many srilankans have been to india? approximate percentage

how many srilankans have been to india? approximate percentage

Well i supporse almost 90%..Given that both Sinhalese(Bengali/Oriya/Gujrati/Punjabi origins) and Tamil are from India..:woot:

No but seriously a lot do..Especially the Buddhists and Hindus travel there atleast once in thier life time on pilgrimage..So we have a better understanding of India than Indians do of us

Back
Top Bottom