What's new

Any questions Regarding India

I have traveled many parts of North India and South India by second class train. That is what I saw and experienced. Every thing looks all the same, yet one finds many differences.

I have travelled by train from Bangalore to Delhi in train.... and I would be shocked if somebody says that they found no difference. Rural North India is packed..... agricultural farms everywhere..... TN has almost empty countrysides.... except the giant wind farms which stretched across the state.

I went to Kerala next door, and wow! Water canals everywhere :cheesy: North = flat, farmlands stretch as far as your eye can see into the horizon.

a lot of people did indeed..lot of people went ahead with fasting along with Anna Hazare,people came out on streets protesting against Assam riots,bomb blasts,Nandigram issue etc.All of these cases were heavily covered by the media.Seems like you dont follow the daily news regularly.Indian people are more alert and informed than ever again thanks to media.

You are not seeing the positive aspect.It is this exposure that has brought down the level of corruption and it will continue to be so.Neither of us have a switch in our hand,which,on flipping will put and end to all problems and create an Utopian state.All that I am saying is the overall graph is positive with a good gradient.

What is current position of that movement? did we achieved the desired goal , did we driven out illegal BDesi from Assam and other parts . All evils mainly because of lacking of unity among us.

DO NOT PUT TROLLS HERE. Please
Regards to Indians, what is your advantage and disadvantage of development ? What is the problem or challenge you are meeting inside India ?
In the next few years, how you will improve it or solve it ? Is your government showing any attitude and do something real ?
China is one-party state, after President Deng, economic development is a super priority, any other stuff even military budget is cut off. The government policy in China is quite continuous.

So far as the economic policies are concerned,the overall outlook remains pretty much the same,aimed at attaining a steady growth and keeping inflation at bay,with tweaks here and there time to time.We have pretty stable forms of government,be it NDA or UPA.So the political system does not hamper economic growth.
The disadvantage in in development,well,probably someone with more knowledge in the subject matter should try answering that.In my opinion,innovation is one area where development is hampered.While a lot of development has been there in the Service sector,the Secondary sectors are somewhat lacking,mainly due to lack of proper funding and innovation.Also,in my opinion, development in India is somewhat uneven.While some parts are developing very quickly,some parts are lagging behind,mainly due to locational disadvantages like communication.
The state policies are to blame as well.Take the example of the Singur case.The Tatas' could not build automobile factory there because the state government allocated them farm lands for the purpose and the farmers protested.

[:::~Spartacus~:::];3403021 said:
why is india a major pain in the arse for all its neighbours?

The reason is that the huge size of India imparts the sense of jealousy and fear among our neighbours.

Unquestionably, the south. Feels like a different country.

But don't forget we got Gujrat, Delhi, NCR, Punjab n Haryana these places r pretty much par with South ;)

+ in tourism we get Rajasthan, Uttrakand, beautiful places like Leh, Dargling, Rishikesh, Snow Mountains as well as Deserts:D

But over all i agree that South India is more developed becoz we also got Bihar, Jharkhand, UP, etc...:undecided:

I would say more organized and cleaner and women have more freedom and protection, casteism is not fatal like say UP, Bihar and people are more tolerant and united. Probably more emphasis on education as well.
I disagree with the embolden part. That from personal experience.
As for others, we do have our differences. That being said, there is casteism in the south, there are pockets in the south where people are intolerant of outsiders.

You should really travel long distances in second class train compartments. You will really see what India is.

OK answer this:

What's the price of Kashmir to Indians, is it really worth $billions of dollars and all that tension. Suppose Pakistani goverment paid India $200bln dollars, would you be prepared to give up Indian Kashmir?

And this is a theoretical question so no trolling please.

I have travelled by train from Bangalore to Delhi in train.... and I would be shocked if somebody says that they found no difference. Rural North India is packed..... agricultural farms everywhere..... TN has almost empty countrysides.... except the giant wind farms which stretched across the state.

I went to Kerala next door, and wow! Water canals everywhere :cheesy: North = flat, farmlands stretch as far as your eye can see into the horizon.

TN is fertile land I don't know which place , at which time you visited. For more details just check agriculture sector in TN then you understand the facts.

I disagree with the embolden part. That from personal experience.
As for others, we do have our differences. That being said, there is casteism in the south, there are pockets in the south where people are intolerant of outsiders.

You should really travel long distances in second class train compartments. You will really see what India is.

Yes there are pockets but overall South is way peaceful then North and casteism is more or less abolished and the lower class people rule the roost with better jobs and reservations.

Back
Top Bottom