What's new

Any questions Regarding India

Q: Apart from wars Indians never united for national cause as well as regional cause, why?
India is mindbogglingly diverse. Each village is very different from the next one, yet they look all the same. One has to live India to really understand the diversity of our social fabric and yet, we stand as ONE nation. If you compare other societies/countries with India, you will truly understand how really diverse India is and how true - "Unity in Diversity" actually is.
Its not only wars that unites us, there are many issues on which Indians stand shoulder to shoulder. We have our differences and the attempts made to resolve those gets our undivided attention creating an illusion of discontent. We have our regional identities and yet we value our national identity.

Let me give an example. When I first joined the University here in US, we had a semi-formal introduction to the faculty. All students introduced themselves with their names and countries of origin. Nothing else. Indians, not only stated their names, but their cities/region/state and then followed by - India. That should pretty much sum up how we view ourselves.

On a lighter note, you forget Cricket - the undisputed supreme religion of the subcontinent - especially India.

Why Indian airforce is not in action in kashmir? Pakistan has effectively used its airforce in South waziristan and Swat provinces?

India will never ever use lethal force against it's own people be it terrorism in Kashmir or Maoism in other parts of India. Pakistan may have different concerns but i don't wanna go into that + we should not compare the actions of one country to the actions of another since the threat perceptions of each & every country are different. This does not mean that we will not fight against terrorism in our country but the force should be used accordingly, a missile of a fighter jet does not differentiate between a terrorist & a non-terrorist (the example being drone attacks on Pakistan where more civilian casualties are there than the the terrorists) hence we have assigned our army & paramilitary for the job.

+ I think this can be a very nice thread if trolling can be minimized here, may help in turning negative perceptions about India to somewhat positive one. Nice initiative :tup:

Why Indian airforce is not in action in kashmir? Pakistan has effectively used its airforce in South waziristan and Swat provinces?

Air force has a very specific use in the event of a conflict. You bring in air cavalry when you need to pulverize the opposition and sanitize an area enough to put boots on the ground. Indian security forces never faced such a problem - in our own territory.

DO NOT PUT TROLLS HERE. Please
Regards to Indians, what is your advantage and disadvantage of development ? What is the problem or challenge you are meeting inside India ?
In the next few years, how you will improve it or solve it ? Is your government showing any attitude and do something real ?
China is one-party state, after President Deng, economic development is a super priority, any other stuff even military budget is cut off. The government policy in China is quite continuous.

Unquestionably, the south. Feels like a different country.

No doubt South is more developed than North but that does not mean we are different country as depicted by recent scams:

DMK (party of south india) - 2G = Rs 1.76 lakh crore
Congress ( mainly party of north india) - Coalgate = Rs 1.86 lakh crore

This shows from Kashmir to Kanyakumari we are definitely One :D :D

Did we united in anti-corruption movement , Assam riots ,recent bomblasts at Mumbai and Delhi , SL navy attack on fisherman , illegal immigrants problems , Nandhigram protest etc. I don't what you trying to portrays...........

a lot of people did indeed..lot of people went ahead with fasting along with Anna Hazare,people came out on streets protesting against Assam riots,bomb blasts,Nandigram issue etc.All of these cases were heavily covered by the media.Seems like you dont follow the daily news regularly.Indian people are more alert and informed than ever again thanks to media.

You are not seeing the positive aspect.It is this exposure that has brought down the level of corruption and it will continue to be so.Neither of us have a switch in our hand,which,on flipping will put and end to all problems and create an Utopian state.All that I am saying is the overall graph is positive with a good gradient.

On a lighter note how is the cuisine in India compared to Pakistan, is it relatively the same?? How is the biryani over there? :cheesy:

[:::~Spartacus~:::];3403021 said:
why is india a major pain in the arse for all its neighbours?

Maybe because the neighbors suspect every action (even good) of India or maybe neighbors trust extra - regional power (which have no common history whatsoever) more than India.

If in 1945 if anyone was asked about a possibility of an European Union (consisting of Germany, France, Britain, Italy i.e. countries that have just fought the biggest war in human history against each other) than the answer he would get had been only abuses, but we know now that Europe is in it's path towards a common destiny so why not a south Asian union is possible? neighboring countries can really cash in the progress of India & will have high income which can really decrease the abject poverty that we all are facing.

Back
Top Bottom