What's new

Any one from Florida ?

Goritoes

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hey Guys, Got a job Offer from Saint Petersburg Florida, I was wondering anyone on here lives or Lived in Florida? I visited Tampa around 3 weeks ago, but I couldn't see the whole of it as it was very limited days visit. How is the Standard of living there ? cost of living (compared to SC) ? Weather ? Muslim community ? Pakistani community ?

@KAL-EL @Meengla @F-22Raptor @Hamartia Antidote @gambit @SQ8 @HAIDER @GumNaam @Sainthood 101

@jus_chillin
I am Not from there, never been down south expect for maybe spring break once during university days
So no clue

Last edited:
Hey Guys, Got a job Offer from Saint Petersburg Florida, I was wondering anyone on here lives or Lived in Florida? I visited Tampa around 3 weeks ago, but I couldn't see the whole of it as it was very limited days visit. How is the Standard of living there ? cost of living (compared to SC) ? Weather ? Muslim community ? Pakistani community ?

@KAL-EL @Meengla @F-22Raptor @Hamartia Antidote @gambit @SQ8 @HAIDER @GumNaam @Sainthood 101

@Qutb-ud-din-Aibak is from Florida I believe or he mentioned it few times

I went to Tempa its nice, peaceful. Seniors living. Not very expensive for me. But here is litte calculator, which can help you .

any suggestions ? cause I am about to move there...
1)Prefer to not live in downtown
2)Rent instead of buying property there real eastate has low appreciation..Weather and guns..
Ive only been to Miami and Orlando so thats my limited insight.

Last edited:

This guy has a bunch of videos about the Tampa Area

So I have no experience of the West Coast other than going to Busch Gardens in Tampa. My limited experience has been on the East coast in mostly the West Palm Beach area.

My opinion of Florida (being a New Englander) is that for the most part because it doesn't see any winter abuse the place (for the most part) doesn't look like crap...everything looks like it was built yesterday. Driving around and seeing green grass everywhere, flowers, perfectly white sidewalks, uncracked streets, etc you really have to wonder why you put up with the dingyness of the North.

Last edited:
any suggestions ? cause I am about to move there...

Weather will be hotter and much more Humid than Greenville, SC

So expect to pay another additional $200 on A/C

Rents would also be $400 higher

The good thing is you would save ~6% on state Income Tax as Florida does not have state income tax.

You do not have mask up or forced to take COVID vaccines

Crimes are little on the higher side. So stay safe

I like borderline love the tri-city area: Tampa, St. Pete, and Clearwater.

St. Pete is seniors city. The joke is that at sundown, the seniors turn off their hearing aids and the city workers rolls up the streets.

Clearwater is college town. All you need to know if you are young and horny.

Tampa is what I labeled as a blue collar city, meaning it is a real working city with all the usual good/bad best/wort characters of a real city.

If you are Muslim then I guess many of the Cuban sandwiches in Ybor City will be haram to you. Lots of ham.

The annual Gasparilla Festival is Tampa's version of Mardi Gras, which is an excuse to get drunk and into fights to celebrate the pirate Jose Gaspar.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers, for the longest time the shiddyest NFL team, but I cheered for them anyway because I was stationed at MacDill.

Bayshore Blvd is often called the Bayshore 500 because of the speedsters, on the other hand, Dale Mabry runs straight N/S and is often referred to as the Dale Mabry dragstrip, so be careful on both. There was a guy on Dale Mabry who often broke the speed limit just to chase airmen down to hand signaled 4 - 5 (45 mph). We have no idea what issues he had, but several times he did that to me and I just speed up on my bike just to piss him off. It has been 30 yrs so he is probably dead by now.

I ORDER you to visit the Salvador Dali Museum. But be prepare for crowds and shiddy parking. Cannot really blame the museum because it is old and too established in St. Pete. It would cost the museum tens of millions to safely move and they have been talking about moving for decades.

The standards of living is good borderline excellent due to proximity to the beaches, which usually translate to moolah. Or as we say it in Hawai'i: Oolah moolah 😙 . Housing is slightly more expensive, again, near the beaches. But not something outrageous like the Palm Beaches over the Florida east coast with all the PGA golf stuff.

Weather is not desert hot, cooler but with higher humidity, so I hope you got an office job.

Not much 'gators in the tri-city area, there are some, but nothing like more inland Orlando or southward where you will see plenty of 'gators.

You can run couple hrs inland for Orlando if you are into Disney. Or couple hrs more to the east coast to see the rocket launches and Cape Canaveral.

If you can afford a bike, not a bicycle, get it. However, there is a time in the yr that you should not be on a bike: LOVEBUGS SEASON. Look it up. These damned insects ruins car paint and hurt bikers. The lovebugs are probably the Biblical locust plague. Florida is great for bike tours, especially just easy cruising on the gulf coast taking the scenic routes.

Gulf of Mexico => great seafood. Lots of semi nekkid women. See Clearwater.

Sunshine Skyway Bridge :tup:

Key West. Take one week off and visit. You will not regret the drive. But it does sucks if you are stuck behind someone towing a boat at 20 mph.

That is all I remember for now.

I went to Tempa its nice, peaceful. Seniors living. Not very expensive for me. But here is litte calculator, which can help you .

One thing i notice is the salaries in the area are very low despite the cost of living a bit higher...

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom