What's new

Anti-Tank Capabilities of Infantry Divisions in Strike Corps

@Signalian @Gryphon
Friends, LAT/HAT are a legacy of R&S Battalions, so these must have 48 ATGMs, not 24.
Each R&S Troop had 3 Jeeps w/RCL +3 Jeeps w/LMG + 1 Jeep w/Radio.
Each Company had 4 Troops
Each Battalion had 4 Companies
Isnt the same? 48 instead of 24?

About the Infantry Division Artillery Brigade, it must be only 3 Field Regiments (18 units each).
11 Infantry Divisions have 36 Type.54-1 (M30) 122mm + 18 Type.60 (D74) 122mm
These are mixed Regiments with 12 Type.54-1 + 6 Type.60 each
These Divisions are at the Indian border.

Thanks

Last edited:
@Signalian @Gryphon
Friends, LAT/HAT are a legacy of R&S Battalions, so these must have 48 ATGMs, not 24.
Each R&S Troop had 3 Jeeps w/RCL +3 Jeeps w/LMG + 1 Jeep w/Radio.
Each Company had 4 Troops
Each Battalion had 4 Companies
Isnt the same? 48 instead of 24?

Each R&S Bn had 24× RCL-fitted jeeps & 24× MG-fitted jeeps. These were equally allocated to 4× Coy's, each with 2-3 platoons.

About the Infantry Division Artillery Brigade, it must be only 3 Field Regiments (18 units each).
11 Infantry Divisions have 36 Type.54-1 (M30) 122mm + 18 Type.60 (D74) 122mm
These are mixed Regiments with 12 Type.54-1 + 6 Type.60 each
These Divisions are at the Indian border.

Thanks

I have seen Med Regt's with Div Arty.

Divisional Arty = 3 Field Regt's + 1 Med Regt + 1 Mortar Bty + 1 Locating Bty

Med Regt's have 130mm Type 59-1 and 155mm M114 / M198.

Each R&S Bn had 24× RCL-fitted jeeps & 24× MG-fitted jeeps. These were equally allocated to 4× Coy's, each with 2-3 platoons.

I have seen Med Regt's with Div Arty.

Divisional Arty = 3 Field Regt's + 1 Med Regt + 1 Mortar Bty + 1 Locating Bty

Med Regt's have 130mm Type 59-1 and 155mm M114 / M198.

I had bad information so:
R&S Platoon each 2 Jeep w/RCL + 2 Jeep w/LMG
R&S Company with 3 Troops
R&S Battalion with 4 Companies
Much more logical!

The Medium Regiments (Towed) have 12 M198/114 155mm + 6 Type.59-1/M46 130mm, but they make most of the Corps Artillery Brigades.
Innitialy when Pak bought M198, they did in 24 M198 for batch, equiping a two Regiment C
orps Artillery Brigade, there was a third MRL unit in each Brigade.
Thanks

The Medium Regiments (Towed) have 12 M198/114 155mm + 6 Type.59-1/M46 130mm, but they make most of the Corps Artillery Brigades.
Innitialy when Pak bought M198, they did in 24 M198 for batch, equiping a two Regiment C
Thanks

Correct. Corps Arty Bdes have 2× Med Regt's + 1× MBRL unit (Bty or Regt)

I had bad information so:
R&S Platoon each 2 Jeep w/RCL + 2 Jeep w/LMG
R&S Company with 3 Troops
R&S Battalion with 4 Companies
Much more logical!

Thanks

Can not speak now but R&S battalion 1 per CORP was raised with assistance fro US before 65 ie US aid with each company had 12 Jeep with 106 mm RR and heavy mg and battalion having 3-4 companies

Lahore was saved by Company of R&S as Initial CORP attack spearheaded by a Indian division or brigade when received RR fire was repulsed and report they were against a Pakistan CORP as only CORP had R&S regiment per Indian general book after the war

The company did not survive but gave enough time for other elements to take positions in time 6-12 hours

11 FF or 1st Phatan was one of the R&S regiment only piffer regiments were converted to R&S later after the war other units were also converted

Can not speak now but R&S battalion 1 per CORP was raised with assistance fro US before 65 ie US aid with each company had 12 Jeep with 106 mm RR and heavy mg and battalion having 3-4 companies

Lahore was saved by Company of R&S as Initial CORP attack spearheaded by a Indian division or brigade when received RR fire was repulsed and report they were against a Pakistan CORP as only CORP had R&S regiment per Indian general book after the war

The company did not survive but gave enough time for other elements to take positions in time 6-12 hours

11 FF or 1st Phatan was one of the R&S regiment only piffer regiments were converted to R&S later after the war other units were also converted

The R&S Battalions were part of the "Five and a half Division plan".
Two Corps with 4 Infantry Divisions and 1+1/2 Armoured Divison
Each of the 4 Infantry Divisions had only 7 Infantry Battalions and a R&S Battalion to compensate fire-power for less-men.
Thanks

Lahore was saved in 1965 by FF Regt and in 1971 by R&S Punjab Regt.

Omtas was tested couple of months ago. Let’s see if a decision is taken.

I don’t know If the trials are performed in Pakistan but I think The Roketsan is waiting for the completion of STA-OMTAS trials. In recent days, SSB announced that Qualification trials will be completed in December 19 and deliveries for 260 vehicles will be commenced in 2020. I think the vehicles (If Pakistan demans the missiles on vehicles) are ready to perform their capabilities in Pakistan now.

Some scenes from qualification trials

Firing against moving target

Firing while the vehicle moving

I don’t know If the trials are performed in Pakistan but I think The Roketsan is waiting for the completion of STA-OMTAS trials. In recent days, SSB announced that Qualification trials will be completed in December 19 and deliveries for 260 vehicles will be commenced in 2020. I think the vehicles (If Pakistan demans the missiles on vehicles) are ready to perform their capabilities in Pakistan now.

Some scenes from qualification trials

Firing against moving target

Firing while the vehicle moving
The trials were in Pakistan. I asked him specifically if the requirement is for APC/Vehicle mounted system, I was told that it was infantry (Tripod mounted) but he pointed out that it can be made vehicle mounted if needed.

The trials were in Pakistan. I asked him specifically if the requirement is for APC/Vehicle mounted system, I was told that it was infantry (Tripod mounted) but he pointed out that it can be made vehicle mounted if needed.

Did you ask Aselsan about Korkut SPAAG bro? They were planning to perform tests in Pakistan.

Did you ask Aselsan about Korkut SPAAG bro? They were planning to perform tests in Pakistan.

No, totally slipped my mind. I remembered Omtas because it was recently whispered about on the forum. I also asked him about the progress of ATAK program with Pakistan but being a Rocketsan guy he didn’t know much about it.

Dont worry if omtas performs well against Indian bunkers expect mass orders and maybe tot.As far as korkut is concerned we should be seeing it in Pakistan soon because we purchased the naval variant where as we could have gone for a different platform so something tells me korkut will be on the plains off indus very soon

Back
Top Bottom