What's new

Anti-Tank Capabilities of Infantry Divisions in Strike Corps

Portuguese MIBs have 12 M113 TOW (2 in each 3 Mech Rifle Coys and 6 in Support Coy)

Its the same with us.

@Signalian @Gryphon @Armchair

Just an observation. We dont have a similar thread, regarding the Anti Tank Capabilities of the Indian Army, do we?

I suggest, that whatever tactical or equipment related thread we are having for PA, a similar one should be there for IA as well. Would help us all in comparisons.

Its the same with us.

Just an observation. We dont have a similar thread, regarding the Anti Tank Capabilities of the Indian Army, do we?

I suggest, that whatever tactical or equipment related thread we are having for PA, a similar one should be there for IA as well. Would help us all in comparisons.
great idea @Signalian and @Gryphon are expert analyst here, guys can u open a thread and others can contribute to it.

Last edited:
Its the same with us.

http://vatsrohit.blogspot.com/2017/08/indian-army-and-anti-tank-guided.html

Most likely you might already have read this but for those who haven't it gives a goo idea about the anti tank capabilities of IA.

http://vatsrohit.blogspot.com/2017/08/indian-army-and-anti-tank-guided.html

Most likely you might already have read this but for those who haven't it gives a goo idea about the anti tank capabilities of IA.

It does give some details, but we cant discuss it there, we ought to have a thread on PDF to analyze IA anti tank, AD, armour etc, all arms, just like we are doing it for PA. With so much info of PA specialized arms coming on PDF, i hardly observe the same for IA here.

You tank was having Raytheon AN/VSG2 Tank Thermal Sight??
Yes, all of them. Allready replaced by Leopard 2A6NL.
I was in charge of a Section of the Maintenance Platoon with a M816 and two Unimog U1300L.
My job was to put all the wheeled vehicles of the Tank group on the field, keep them there and then bring them home at the end.

It was a complete operational unit. The Brigade usually operated in Groups of 1 Tank Sqn (17 M60) + 2 Mech Rifle Coys + 1 Support Coy/Sqn + 1 Command & Service Coy/Sqn.
As my Tank Sqns operated at all the Brigade area, I had a good view of all Brigade operations.
We operate the combat support bases very near the frontline joining the
Support Coy/Sqn + 1 Command & Service Coy/Sqn with Mechanised Engineer Platoon + SP M109A5 battery and FAR Radar/Chaparral SAM Plt in the same place.
During offensive operations we joined on the front the ArmRecceSqn (mixed M60/M113) with 2 Tank Sqns + 1 Mech Rifle Coy etc.
Glaad to talk with you.

Its the same with us.

Waiting for @Signalian to start these threads. He usually does the thread starting business on this front. @PanzerKiel you could also do it. You, Signalian and Gryphon are more senior and knowledgeable than me so it would be unseemly for me to start them.

Back
Top Bottom