What's new

Another Lt.Colonel Martyred in N.Waziristan

Please do not play more Muslim than Mohammad, it's offensive.

What kind of critic would you like me to play? Obviously common sense mohammad does not work for you..

If the starting point is that you will never end the infestation, why fight? -- SpecOps/Services are designed, as the original Commando of the Boer war were, to live off the land and kill the enemy -- it seems PA does not have such a skill set in their inventory

forgive me for my post that might seem to be out of place and context, you and Oscar are engaged in a convo and I saw the chance to let it out out which I has been bothering me for some time.

re not using skill sets
what difference would it make?

since Lal Masjid operation, even our special forces are making text book mistakes and suffering casualties instead of inflicting them
its fighting the terrorists like a regular enemy,

there were some very unnecessary deaths that could have been avoided in Lal Masjid and FATA operations, where they were picked off by taliban snipers and ambushes although it should be the SSG surprising and taking the taliban out. to be fair it did do some amazing stuff in Swat when it was para dropped and surprised the TTP.

but some instances the deaths are really tragic like when Lal masjid snipers used the tunnels to crawl back into the minarets and picked off the SSG personnel in the Madrassa compound. and while in house to house search they fell in the taliban ambush in one of the recent operations in tribal areas.

some of the videos posted by the TTP where they show snipping the Pakistani soldiers clearly showed that the soldiers were being lax, lazy and ignoring the simple SOP's like using cover, not exposing and not breaking the skyline etc
also show

my old class fella who is in the field now (SSG veteran officer) says that after getting snipped enough times their officers decided to go in the operations without the shoulder badges. SSG officers lead the assaults and were picked off by the TTP and LeJ dragunovs.

What kind of critic would you like me to play? Obviously common sense mohammad does not work for you..

You are not offering a critique, but rather a personal attack -- your critique would have a better reception if it were confined to the performance of the PA.

forgive e for my post that might seem to be out of place and context, you and Oscar are engaged in a convo and I saw the chance to let it out out which I has been bothering me for some time.

re not using skill sets

since Lal Masjid operation, even our special forces are making text book mistakes and suffering casualties instead of inflicting them

there were some very unnecessary deaths that could have been avoided in Lal Masjid and FATA operations, where they were picked off by taliban snipers and ambushes although it should be the SSG surprising and taking the taliban out. to be fair it did do some amazing stuff in Swat when it was para dropped and surprised the TTP.

but some instances the deaths are really tragic like when Lal masjid snipers used the tunnels to crawl back into the minarets and picked off the SSG personnel in the Madrassa compound. and while in house to house search they fell in the taliban ambush in one of the recent operations in tribal areas.

some of the videos posted by the TTP where they show snipping the Pakistani soldiers clearly showed that the soldiers were being lax, lazy and ignoring the simple SOP's like using cover, not exposing and not breaking the skyline etc
also show

my old class fella who is in the field now (SSG veteran officer) says that after getting snipped enough times their officers decided to go in the operations without the shoulder badges. SSG officers lead the assaults and were picked off by the TTP and LeJ dragunovs.

I hope our "More Muslim than Mohammad" types wll find your post instructive - such posts allow us to develop a better picture of how we are doing, where as the "Something Arabic" and RIP add nothng to our understanding.

............They are answerable to noone, especially to people who have decided not to live here.

How can that be, Sir? They are answerable to their superiors, who are answerable to higher authority. To have such an attitude is simply wrong.

Quite the contrary..
Neither him or general Musa were promoted on merit or anything else... other than being Toady's.
so the guys who had merit either refused to confront the uprising or were removed from east Pakistan.
not sure what that has to do with another TTP triumph here.

but i cant stop but think

how much poor Talibs had to work to move 5 or more heavy machine guns and setup the entire ambush even if they got the heads up by their fellow "Muslims" in Khakis that some "Murtad" soldiers were coming in?

pun aside, its a lot of logistical challenge to move that much fire power in short time without arousing the suspicion of "murtad" scouting team ( if there was one there) and then successfully play the duck shoot and then successfully leave the place for the army to bomb and shoot at mud and stones.

forgive me for my post that might seem to be out of place and context, you and Oscar are engaged in a convo and I saw the chance to let it out out which I has been bothering me for some time.

re not using skill sets

also show

How the **** did talibs get dragunovs?Shouldn't they have AKs,RPG-7s and IEDs only?

One more thing i don't understand,taliban can't fight without ammunition right?Where are the factories where the ammunition for AK's is made?Thye surely can't hide that in caves or jungle?Pak should target supply lines and starve talibs out while US drones slaughter their leadership.

They even have 14.5mm AA MG's.

they have ZSU 23s commonly known as Shilka.
Dragonovs plane in comparison to the amount and quality of tactical assault gear they have at their disposal. they have destroyed reinforced Al Zarar MBT and other armour vehicles, downed gunships and other helicopters. prefer still tipped AP rounds, have tons of semtex for making explosives, wear latest body armour and night vision that is only available to NATO troops.

their standard firepower at a base rivals that of a battalion (no kidding, 7 to 9 heavy machine guns, RGPs, Mortars and tuble launched rockets to name the few in addition to small arms . while USA and Pakistan argue over supplies, payments and logistics, TTP pays its bottom line grunt over 35K Pak Rupees and pays many fold to his family if he dies. their medical supplies, food and shelter is impressive and seems to have no financial or personale constraint.

who pays them? who feeds them? how they have access to the weapons & technology thats even denied to Pakistan?
your guess is good as mine.

Did i say anything wrong?

nothing wrong, just sounded very innocent and less informed.

who pays them? who feeds them? how they have access to the weapons & technology thats even denied to Pakistan?
your guess is good as mine..........

Sir, please do not forget the multi-billion dollar trade in drugs and Pak-Afghan smuggling going on for decades and decades. There is plenty of money around to finance them, and many sources willing to supply them for their own profits.

Sir, please do not forget the multi-billion dollar trade in drugs and Pak-Afghan smuggling going on for decades and decades. There is plenty of money around to finance them, and many sources willing to supply them for their own profits.

sorry to disagree but Northern Alliance warlords and CIA has monopoly over it. that source is too cumbersome, unreliable and time wasting. apart from local extortion and robberies there are volunteer contributions from Arab brothers and local population in addition to some unknown agencies that are using TTP as their asset as Pak Army is allegedly using haqqanis as theirs

they have ZSU 23s commonly known as Shilka.
Dragonovs plane in comparison to the amount and quality of tactical assault gear they have at their disposal. they have destroyed reinforced Al Zarar MBT and other armour vehicles, downed gunships and other helicopters. prefer still tipped AP rounds, have tons of semtex for making explosives, wear latest body armour and night vision that is only available to NATO troops.

their standard firepower at a base rivals that of a battalion (no kidding, 7 to 9 heavy machine guns, RGPs, Mortars and tuble launched rockets to name the few in addition to small arms . while USA and Pakistan argue over supplies, payments and logistics, TTP pays its bottom line grunt over 35K Pak Rupees and pays many fold to his family if he dies. their medical supplies, food and shelter is impressive and seems to have no financial or personale constraint.

your guess is good as mine.

nothing wrong, just sounded very innocent and less informed.

In a pakistani show pakistan's former foreign minister was saying funding comes from gulf countries,and drug trade.They are getting weapons from from central asian former soviet bloc countries who have facilities to build ammo,aks with gulf and drug money.

sorry to disagree but Northern Alliance warlords and CIA has monopoly over it. that source is too cumbersome, unreliable and time wasting. apart from local extortion and robberies there are volunteer contributions from Arab brothers and local population in addition to some unknown agencies that are using TTP as their asset as Pak Army is allegedly using haqqanis as theirs

They are big players but not exclusively so. And besides, smuggling Afghan transit goods is a good moneymaker too for those with assets on both sides of the Durand Line.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom