What's new

Another Ban : Zero Dark Thirty will not be shown in Pakistan cinemas

Status
Not open for further replies.
ISI in good light? Seriously 1 man named TIGER could single handedly attack a WHOLE GROUP OF TRAINED ISI agents while the girl Katrina Kaif seemed to be the best in the ISI....I am not sure how that is showing ISI in good light...Mind you in a chauvinist area that is MEGA OUCH

ok so thats another reason why it was banned :rolleyes: grow up people

sir the logic of arresting afridi was collaborating with CIA

He was arrested for passing information to CIA about Osama's hide out instead of ISI. So, tell me if Osama was not there how come he was sentenced for 33 years in Jail. :cheesy:

Pakistan-Shocked.jpg

Neighbors-5-4-11-color-640x467.jpg

pak1.jpg

Pakistan-Sheltering-Obama.jpg

pakistan-army-bin-laden-598x427.jpg

This was hilarious, awesome.

He was arrested for passing information to CIA about Osama's hide out instead of ISI. So, tell me if Osama was not there how come he was sentenced for 33 years in Jail. :cheesy:

sir he was not working for ISI, he was hired by CIA

They want to keep away a secret from their people which is already known to whole world. On serious note I feel pity for that nation

OSAMA BIN LADEN 1 name which rocked the American world (Yea I know Aik ka tiger bhi kuch aysay shuru hoyee thi)...

1 name which was unknown until the Americans cried wolf

1 man who was himself trained by AMERICANS

1 man who released videos in Arabic and translated poorly by AMERICA into claiming trouble all over world
Had he been so great he would have spoken in English at least

1 man who was reported killed and reported twice at least 2 times.

One would actually think he is some legendary ghost haunting America

OSAMA BIN LADEN 1 name which rocked the American world (Yea I know Aik ka tiger bhi kuch aysay shuru hoyee thi)...

1 name which was unknown until the Americans cried wolf

1 man who was himself trained by AMERICANS

1 man who released videos in Arabic and translated poorly by AMERICA into claiming trouble all over world
Had he been so great he would have spoken in English at least

1 man who was reported killed and reported twice at least 2 times.

One would actually think he is some legendary ghost haunting America

funny fact

osama, created and sponsored by none other then

FEATURED_CIA-101b.gif

sir he was not working for ISI, he was hired by CIA
Since he was Pakistan, he was expected to pass that information to ISI, sir. Sir, you still didn't tell me the logic behind arrest of Shakil Afridi and from where Osama's wives came in Pakistan, tell me this part too.

ok so thats another reason why it was banned :rolleyes: grow up people

Nope another reason would be how Katrina was depicting as a Pakistani girl...but wearing Indian revealing clothes...

I saw the movie a week ago. It is a little slow paced for my taste. Also, it glorifies one female CIA analyst as the "hero" of the hunt. Not sure that aspect could really be true given the huge bureaucracy that is the CIA. Nonetheless, it is a compelling story. Internationally involved Pakistanis should see it to understand how we Americans (and the rest of the world!) are being "educated" about Pakistan by Hollywood.....

sir i sympathize all those seals who took part in america's dirty game and got killed one by one :lol:
You mean every seal is dead ??
I knew only about some of them being dead.Is there any authentic source to back your claim??

In a 2004 BBC article entitled "Al-Qaeda's origins and links", the BBC wrote:
During the anti-Soviet jihad Bin Laden and his fighters received American and Saudi funding. Some analysts believe Bin Laden himself had security training from the CIA.[1]
Robin Cook, Foreign Secretary in the UK from 1997–2001, and Leader of the House of Commons and Lord President of the Council from 2001–2003, believed the CIA had provided arms to the Arab Mujahideen, including Osama bin Laden, writing, "Bin Laden was, though, a product of a monumental miscalculation by western security agencies. Throughout the 80s he was armed by the CIA and funded by the Saudis to wage jihad against the Russian occupation of Afghanistan."[2]
In conversation with former British Defence Secretary Michael Portillo, two-time Prime Minister of Pakistan Benazir Bhutto said Osama bin Laden was initially pro-American.[3] Prince Bandar bin Sultan of Saudi Arabia, has also stated that bin Laden once expressed appreciation for the United States' help in Afghanistan. On CNN's Larry King program he said:[4]
Bandar bin Sultan: This is ironic. In the mid-'80s, if you remember, we and the United - Saudi Arabia and the United States were supporting the Mujahideen to liberate Afghanistan from the Soviets. He [Osama bin Laden] came to thank me for my efforts to bring the Americans, our friends, to help us against the atheists, he said the communists. Isn't it ironic?

CIA

I saw the movie a week ago. It is a little slow paced for my taste. Also, it glorifies one female CIA analyst as the "hero" of the hunt. Not sure that aspect could really be true given the huge bureaucracy that is the CIA. Nonetheless, it is a compelling story. Internationally involved Pakistanis should see it to understand how we Americans (and the rest of the world!) are being "educated" about Pakistan by Hollywood.....

Movies are a great way to get an idea but to actually think you can get the real picture from it is a loud laugh!

Really! We see Hollywood movies full of crap like CIA is always spying on you, UFOs are ONLY interested in USA and Japan, the World will always end from America, drinking, girls, partying and how blondes are bimbos...

Now IS that how you want us to see America?

THEN...

WHY DIDNT YOU SAY SO? :D

On the other hand, movies can also negatively influence like how you said you are being educated about Pakistan through HOLLYWOOD's eye!

The wood isnt too holly is it?

Cinemas in Pakistan will not be showing Zero Dark Thirty after distributors decided not risk the wrath of the country's censors, its military and terrorist groups with a movie about the CIA's hunt for Osama bin Laden.

Kathryn Bigelow's film has been nominated for five Oscars and sparked debate about using torture to gain intelligence.
Mohsin Yaseen, general manager for marketing at Cinepax, said derogatory refences to Pakistan's military and intelligence agencies meant any distributor would face awkward questions.
"It's a touchy subject for a Pakistani audience," he said.
The film is set largely in Pakistan. It charts a CIA agent's personal quest to track down the al-Qaeda leader, which ended when US Navy Seals launched a covert raid on a villa in the Pakistani town of Abbotabad, barely 30 miles from the capital Islamabad.
The mission was hugely embarrassing for Pakistan's military, which not only failed to detect the raid but was also apparently oblivious to the presence of the world's most wanted man only a few hundred yards from its officer training academy.

It led to speculation that officers may have protected bin Laden – concerns raised in the film as CIA agents conceal their operation from Pakistani authorities.
Mr Yaseen said his company had recently bought the rights to distribute an Indian film, Tere Bin Laden, which poked fun at the al-Qaeda leader.
Pakistan's censors insisted on so many cuts, he said, it was not possible to show the film at all.
"When Zero Dark Thirty came out, we thought it best just to keep away from it," he said, adding that other distributors had agreed to do the same.
"But I'd love to see it. It's just a film at the end of the day."
The film is available on pirated DVDs, however, and has proved a hit with audiences despite what many see as inaccuracies and exaggerations, such as depicting the modern, neat capital Islamabad as a dust-blown war zone.

Zero Dark Thirty will not be shown in Pakistan cinemas - Telegraph
:lol:
A movie which distorts facts should be banned and should be banned permanently hollywood whenever have taken name of Pakistan they have tried to damage Pakistan image so don't expect anything good from them

Cinemas in Pakistan will not be showing Zero Dark Thirty after distributors decided not risk the wrath of the country's censors, its military and terrorist groups with a movie about the CIA's hunt for Osama bin Laden.

Kathryn Bigelow's film has been nominated for five Oscars and sparked debate about using torture to gain intelligence.
Mohsin Yaseen, general manager for marketing at Cinepax, said derogatory refences to Pakistan's military and intelligence agencies meant any distributor would face awkward questions.
"It's a touchy subject for a Pakistani audience," he said.
The film is set largely in Pakistan. It charts a CIA agent's personal quest to track down the al-Qaeda leader, which ended when US Navy Seals launched a covert raid on a villa in the Pakistani town of Abbotabad, barely 30 miles from the capital Islamabad.
The mission was hugely embarrassing for Pakistan's military, which not only failed to detect the raid but was also apparently oblivious to the presence of the world's most wanted man only a few hundred yards from its officer training academy.

It led to speculation that officers may have protected bin Laden – concerns raised in the film as CIA agents conceal their operation from Pakistani authorities.
Mr Yaseen said his company had recently bought the rights to distribute an Indian film, Tere Bin Laden, which poked fun at the al-Qaeda leader.
Pakistan's censors insisted on so many cuts, he said, it was not possible to show the film at all.
"When Zero Dark Thirty came out, we thought it best just to keep away from it," he said, adding that other distributors had agreed to do the same.
"But I'd love to see it. It's just a film at the end of the day."
The film is available on pirated DVDs, however, and has proved a hit with audiences despite what many see as inaccuracies and exaggerations, such as depicting the modern, neat capital Islamabad as a dust-blown war zone.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/pakistan/9826950/Zero-Dark-Thirty-will-not-be-shown-in-Pakistan-cinemas.html
:lol:
A movie which distorts facts should be banned and should be banned permanently hollywood whenever have taken name of Pakistan they have tried to damage Pakistan image so don't expect anything good from them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom