What's new

Ankara’s move to Chinese air systems appals NATO allies

It is ironical that you would mention the OTTOMAN EMPIRE.

Because even back then, the Ottomans owed their success to China.

They used a Chinese invention to become a regional Super Power in Europe.

The Chinese invention used by Turks back then was GUN POWDER.

So it is no coincidence that Turkey reverts back to China for Military hardware.
...:D
Not really everyone used gun powder not only the ottoman.

we dont really know what exactly is meant by ToT or lets say the level of ToT

but if we are allowed, beyound any doubt we are quite able to integrate almost every and any thing....comparing greece & s-300 to our case might be a bit misleading

for instance;
pn1bt.png

Not really everyone used gun powder not only the ottoman.

Yes ,but Ottomans has founded the Grenades and was 3-4 Steps ahead ,compared to the rest of the World.

But the Ottoman Power don´t comes from Chinese ,it was the Control of Mediterranean and Important trade routes.

Turkey makes many other things in Defence Industry Possible as we can Dream.

I think this is not difficult for Turkey.

Who knows, I'm still a newbie when it comes to Turkey's defence industry.

Turkey makes many other things in Defence Industry Possible as we can Dream.

I think this is not difficult for Turkey.

The question is not if we actually can integrate a Chinese AD system - that's in turn based on a Russian such - into a radar mesh that includes technologies from USA, belongs to NATO and that the Chinese lacks the slightest helpful expertise on. Because I'm quite sure that we would manage to do that, judging by the capabilities and sharpness that our defense industry has proven itself to possess in the past.
The question is if we are allowed to do so, since we don't own the radar systems that in fact belongs to NATO and are products of USA. But again, as it already has been suggested by some members, our SSM/MoD might be considering to trade what NATO currently offers us (in return to our membership and whatnot) with a indigenous counterpart that we would design and construct with some help from abroad - but this time from the far east.

:)

S-300 is better then HQ-9.

How? Which one are you referring to be not better than S-300.

FT-2000 - Anti radiation version that was the first model of HQ-9 family being completed.

HQ-9 - TVM version SAM.

HHQ-9 — Naval version.

HQ-9A — Upgraded version, first tested in 1999 and service entry in 2001. Chinese sources claim that the HQ-9 family of systems employ much newer computing technology than imported Russian S-300PMU/PMU1/PMU2 systems, because HQ-9 is developed more than a decade later, thus allowing it to incorporate advancement in microelectronics. Due to the superior computing capability for signal processing, data processing and guidance support, this missile can have an optional semi-active radar homing (SARH) mode, because more info can be processed on board the missile itself.

HHQ-9A — Ship-borne naval version of HQ-9A. Eight 6-cell vertical launch silos, of cylindrical shape and using "cold launch" method, mounted on the Type 052C destroyer (48 missiles in total).

FD-2000 - First revealed in the 8th Zhuhai Airshow, the export version of HQ-9, providing extra anti-stealth capability by incorporating YLC-20 passive sensor as an option.

HQ-9B — reportedly tested in February 2006. According to Jane's Information Group, this missile has a dual seeker that incorporates both SARH & imaging IR mode

HQ-9C - Currently under development, incorporating active radar homing mode.

@Luftwaffe China only offers Turkey the FT-2000 Version where Russia offers Turkey the S-300WME Antey-2500.

Russia offers to a Production in Turkey.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Luftwaffe China only offers Turkey the FT-2000 Version where Russia offers Turkey the S-300WME Antey-2500. Russia offers to a Production in Turkey.

AFAIK It seems HQ-9B is offered, upgradable later to HQ-9C.

I would imagine it would be a good tactical deal to get Patriot Systems and get a separate in limited numbers HQ-9B incase NATO damages relations with Turkey. It is always better to have an independent parallel System in place as a backup plan B. Lets see how things unfold.

Last edited by a moderator:
AFAIK It seems HQ-9B is offered, upgradable later to HQ-9C.

I would imagine it would be a good tactical deal to get Patriot Systems and get a separate in limited numbers HQ-9B incase NATO damages relations with Turkey. It is always better to have an independent parallel System in place as a backup plan B. Lets see how things unfold.
The goal is to develope a own system,so it could be that we opt for none of the 4 airdefence systems.
This goes on for to long,my guess they are allready developing a own system and it will be ready when needed.
For now,the patriots(in Turkey) should be enough.

The goal is to develope a own system,so it could be that we opt for none of the 4 airdefence systems.
This goes on for to long,my guess they are allready developing a own system and it will be ready when needed.
For now,the patriots(in Turkey) should be enough.

The Patriots are only to Save the US-Airbases. Not Turkey :/

I guess it has more to do with ToT and favorable price of chinese hardware. Turkey after all has a long term aim of extensive indigenization. If this deal goes through it will prove the long term russian fear that cheaper chinese weapons with a little less performance will beat the russians in export by giving a better bang for the buck.

In my Opinion is the S300 the best choose ,i mean last i have hear something about that Russia and Turkey will develop in Turkey together the S-300.

S-300 is a Really Monster.

S-300 is better then HQ-9.

this is just BS
HQ-9 has way much better electronics, radars and the missile is much compact than the s-300 and has better accuracy and range``
remember PLAN's Aegis destroyer fleets are all equipped with HQ-9 and its variants, not single one of S-300 is trusted by PLAN,

the HQ-9 is destined to provide the first layer of air defence for PLAN AC groups, just like the SM2/3/6 for americans

Baykuş;4478694 said:
Your answer = faulty;

We didn't have to integrate the Yildirim into any NATO-owned radar, it was a completely remote project.

Doubtful that we can modify and get access to enough information on NATO's - not our - radars in order to integrate a product of USA's opponent into it. Basically, if we were to buy the HQ-9, we would also have to get ourselves a new radar shield to cover our soil. What USA is telling us is that they will not make it easy for us to make use of their radars if we were to buy a Chinese system.

that's coming with the package as it is said by some inside members from CJDBY,

HQ-9 deal will not only comes with missiles, maintenance kits guiding radars, but a whole package (including T-O-T)

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom