What's new

Angry Rants Thread

kbd-raaf

Reaction score
Country
India
Girlfriend troubles? Boss giving you hell at work? Traffic in your city driving you mad?

This is the thread for you.

I'll go first.

I ABSOLUTELY HATE Indians who think that because they 'cracked the IIT-JEE' they are now some form of superior human being.

One of these guys walked into my lab this morning, CV in hand asking for a research position.

Hearing that he's from the IIT-D I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Sat him down and asked him what his interest in reassembly robotics was.

This mother**cker, "Oh I'm hoping that it'll look really good in my resume for when I apply for a job at Google and Boeing and all those big American MNCs".

I swear I would have choked him if I hadn't installed a security camera just a few weeks ago. This is the state of academia in India.

Also there was a lot of traffic on my way home.

I'll go first.
I ABSOLUTELY HATE Indians who think that because they 'cracked the IIT-JEE' they are now some form of superior human being.
One of these guys walked into my lab this morning, CV in hand asking for a research position.
Hearing that he's from the IIT-D I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Sat him down and asked him what his interest in reassembly robotics was.
This mother**cker, "Oh I'm hoping that it'll look really good in my resume for when I apply for a job at Google and Boeing and all those big American MNCs".
I swear I would have choked him if I hadn't installed a security camera just a few weeks ago. This is the state of academia in India.

I feel your angst. But do tell me this mate, hand on your heart. Do we really expect these chaps to be in awe of a career in education and academia. I mean when you think about about it, haven't we already accepted the American dream as a part and parcel of our meritocracy system ?

I'll give you an example. Yours truly was working in banking security in a very large public sector bank in Delhi(a respectable job) by any accounts but all the dadis and aunties etc where "chotta mota naukri hai.. dekhna ek din zaroor amreeka jaiga aur naam raushan karega"

Never wanted to go abroad, I was happy... till my hand was forced by a scholarship received by my ex from a certain uni. in england and I had to move.

I am now employed as a glorified clerk in cloud security. From designing system architecture I am reduced to implementing them .. but guess what ??? The auntie and dadi brigade have never been more proud.

I dont blame that chap in your lab. We as a society are to blame. We have reduced ourselves from the ideals of Messrs Vivekananda and Co. to following the "Amreekan dream".

Girlfriend troubles? Boss giving you hell at work? Traffic in your city driving you mad?

This is the thread for you.

I'll go first.

u missed the gf part

I'm being serious :'( CD y u do dis

I am being serious though.

I've always wanted a bee farm, but I've always hated bees.

Honey lasts longer than pretty much any other food material in the world.

When the apocalypse comes, I'll not only have an unending source of high energy food, but I'll have a bunch of killer bees waiting to sting the sh*t out of any trespassers.

OK the last sentence wasn't serious. But the rest was. :P

Last edited:
I feel your angst. But do tell me this mate, hand on your heart. Do we really expect these chaps to be in awe of a career in education and academia. I mean when you think about about it, haven't we already accepted the American dream as a part and parcel of our meritocracy system ?

I'll give you an example. Yours truly was working in banking security in a very large public sector bank in Delhi(a respectable job) by any accounts but all the dadis and aunties etc where "chotta mota naukri hai.. dekhna ek din zaroor amreeka jaiga aur naam raushan karega"

Never wanted to go abroad, I was happy... till my hand was forced by a scholarship received by my ex from a certain uni. in england and I had to move.

I am now employed as a glorified clerk in cloud security. From designing system architecture I am reduced to implementing them .. but guess what ??? The auntie and dadi brigade have never been more proud.

I dont blame that chap in your lab. We as a society are to blame. We have reduced ourselves from the ideals of Messrs Vivekananda and Co. to following the "Amreekan dream".

There was a time when academia was revered in India. My dad grew up reading about Einstein, C.V Raman, Ramanujan and Euler. This was back in the 60s when India for the first time had nobody to tell us what to do and Indians were free to find their own direction.

Then Americans realised what Indians are capable of. At first it was a trickle and then it became akin to a drain. I can't talk, I can't imagine working in India. Imagine having to send out tenders for a single part when you know exactly which vendor is going to be able to deliver the product you need. If you don't you'll be accused of corruption.

I feel for you man, have you thought about moving back to India?

i very angry cause i forgot most i studied 6 months ago...........:angry:
now me start over again........me very angry,,very very....:angry::angry::angry:
AIPGMEE <<<i kill u...or nxt time me>>>:suicide:

I need to ask the Politburo if I can print some Yuan, since they won't allow me to have a bee farm.

We can print money together. :D

I am being serious though.

I've always wanted a bee farm, but I've always hated bees.

Why do you want a bee farm? The honey?

I feel for you man, have you thought about moving back to India?

Dunno mate. I'm in kind a of a limbo here what with my personal and work life in tatters, yes maybe coming back is probably for the best. Been thinking about it a lot for the last few months.

Why do you want a bee farm? The honey?

Of course. I don't want the bees. :P

Honey properly preserved can last hundreds of years without spoiling. And it's full of sugar and energy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom