What's new

Angry mob burns alive two suspects in Lahore; desecrates bodies

Reuters / Sunday, March 15, 2015
Enraged Christians lynch a man they suspected of being involved in a suicide attack on a church in Lahore March 15, 2015. Bombs outside two churches in the Pakistani city of Lahore killed 14 people and wounded nearly 80 during Sunday services, and witnesses said quick action by a security guard prevented many more deaths. A Pakistani Taliban splinter group claimed responsibility. REUTERS/Mohsin Raza
r

“The angry mob protesting after the blast beat to death two people whom they suspected of being associates of the attackers”
Increasing trend of lynching is alarming and government should take immediate steps to curb such incidences in future.

————————————————————————————————————————————
40 Christians arrested for lynching two in Pakistan | Zee News
Last Updated: Monday, March 23, 2015 - 17:10

Lahore: Around 40 Christians have been arrested for allegedly being part of a mob that lynched two men after Taliban suicide attacks on two churches here in Pakistan's biggest Christian colony that killed 17 people.

Confirming the arrests, senior investigation officer Rana Ayaz Saleem said: "We have launched a crackdown in the wee hours on Sunday and arrested around 40 suspects involved in the lynching of two innocent youngsters."

He said most of them had been arrested from houses of their close relatives where they were hiding.

"We first established identity of the suspects through TV footages, still cameras and other relevant sources before laying hand on them," he said.

The usual Sunday mass was underway on March 15 at the Christ Church and Catholic Church of Youhanabad Christian Colony that houses over 100,000 Christians, when two suicide bombers reached there and tried to break in.

When the guards stopped them from entering the churches they blew themselves up at the gates.

After the blasts the police had taken two suspects into custody from the site and shifted them to a vehicle when a group of charged youngsters got hold of them.

The enraged mob started thrashing the two suspects and after beating them severely, the mob tied them with a rope and set them on fire. Their charred remains were later found at the site.

Later, the suspects identity was established as both worked in different shops in Yauhanabad and had no criminal record.

Tahreek-i-Taliban Pakistan splinter group Jamat-ul-Ahrar has claimed responsibility for the attack.

The same group had claimed responsibility of a suicide attack in Wagah border in September last year in which 60 people were killed.

Meanwhile, the intelligence agencies have arrested a suspect who allegedly provided transport facility to the terrorists behind the Youhanabad church blasts.

The suspect has been identified as Ghulam Rasool, an alleged member of Tahreek-i-Taliban Pakistan.

A seven-year-old boy succumbed to his injuries sustained during the Church attack at Lahore General Hospital, bringing the death toll to 17.

PTI

Havnt they invaded afghanistan , Iraq ?
& bahrin UAE , pakistan , KSA , Jordan covertly , with some restrictions ?
Not Christians! Westerners maybe and even then not all the West as France, Germany and others refused to legitimate Iraq for instance.

But let me explain it better :
CAR4dGIUQAAga4M.jpg
That snapshot of a TV screen was posted on this thread. It reads :
Christian protestors attack citizens.

That is where things go wrong for the said Christians were also citizens ( although i agree they did not act like good ones ). In order to change mentalities, you need to stop false rhetoric as found in that choice of words. This is worth in every country.

I attacked on my blog interracial tensions in America. In one post, I chose to retell a narrative by bypassing all mentions of race or color. The result was that one could only find stupidity of actions as a target. Doing so would defuse tense situations in most cases.

Until you, I, anyone is ready to always say human without distinctions, the problems will endure. I saved a couple lives in my existence and defended many more. I never asked myself once about race creed or nationality, only acted not to let a life be lost.

I also intervened against racism and exclusion in other less immediate cases but that is something else entirely in my mind. Primum vivere, deinde philosophari.

Tay.

Back
Top Bottom