What's new

And now Buffet is not allowed - Suadi Fatwa

But if Fatwahs are based on interpretation, can they not be challenged by a diverging viewpoint?

A Fatwa is only an opinion . A fatwa is a suggestion about how Muslims should act and conduct their daily lives. A Fatwa is not mandatory but a scholarly suggestion only . If the fatwa calls for something against Islamic teaching, the fatwa's should be ignored. it is unanimously agreed that a fatwā is only binding on its author

Here is an example of a fatwa: Muslims are expected to pray five times every day at specific times during the day. A person who is going to be on a 12 hour flight may not be able to perform their prayers on time. So they might ask a Muslim scholar for a "fatwa" on what is the appropriate thing to do, or they might look up the answer in a book or on the internet. The scholar might advise them to perform the prayer to the best of their ability on the plane, or to delay their prayer until they land, for example. And they would support their opinion with scripture. The fatwa is not a legally binding and final, it is a respected interpretation of the sharia given by a mufti on a particular case. If the individual doesn't like the fatwa given, he/she can seek out another Mufti or Qadi for a second opinion which might have the desired outcome.

@Arabian Legend You are here defending Islamic law and its principles. Ask your self this question: Does my avatar adhere to Islamic rules and regulations?

Why is it you bring up Islam when it suits you and forget about it when it doesn't?

Weren't you supporting homosexuality a few days back: :lol:

Putting words in someone's else mouth is the least you can do. I never vote for or veto against. All what I said is I don't agree with the execution as the way to go in dealing with such matter.

You gotta measure that too...OBVIOUSLY :)

and what about methane ?

Neutral-if-you-know-what-i-mean-l.png

@Arabian Legend You are here defending Islamic law and its principles. Ask your self this question: Does my avatar adhere to Islamic rules and regulations?

You avatar is not of my concern. Unfortunately people here haven't bother to discuss what has been written in the article rather shouting in the air. Isn't Value and Quantity must be predetermined prior any procurement transaction? That is the core point which needs to be taken into account and that is what I said it was very good arguable point.

You avatar is not of my concern. Unfortunately people here haven't bother to discuss what has been written in the article rather shouting in the air. Isn't Value and Quantity must be predetermined prior any procurement transaction? That is the core point which needs to be taken into account and that is what I said it was very good arguable point.
Trust me the businesses already take that into account, how many main dishes you are going to eat?? lets say some ( small amount of people)ate ONE KILO OF MEAT, and some dont eat much, and kids they have birds stomach.. so it all adds up and...... and still the restaurant will make profit... if they didn't make any profit there would be no buffet at all... so basically you are paying for the quantity you are going to eat, and if you are not, then someone else who eats less will cover that cost...

This is actually Islamic, the Prophet(SAW) told us not to be excessive with food since it has many negative effects to it. Which I can go into but won't, this makes sense and I don't see the outrage about it. Good for God's followers, besides, Saudis and Arabs barely eat at buffets anyways.

that precisely explains those extreme beer bellied Arabs specially Saudis!

Trust me the businesses already take that into account, how many main dishes you are going to eat?? lets say some ( small amount of people)ate ONE KILO OF MEAT, and some dont eat much, and kids they have birds stomach.. so it all adds up and...... and still the restaurant will make profit... if they didn't make any profit there would be no buffet at all... so basically you are paying for the quantity you are going to eat, and if you are not, then someone else who eats less will cover that cost...

This concern the consumers not business owners and how much profit would they make. Pre-determination is the key word.

i am lost !! first the stupid fatwa now people are making desperate maneuvers to defend it within the boundary of islam!

This concern the consumers not business owners and how much profit would they make. Pre-determination is the key word.
then every business is haram, because every business (should) pre-determine everything or they won't become successful.. is that what you are saying? is planning your future also wrong? is saving money for emergency and etc also wrong... pre-determination is not wrong... is it??

then every business is haram, because every business (should) pre-determine everything or they won't become successful.. is that what you are saying? is planning your future also wrong? is saving money for emergency and etc also wrong... pre-determination is not wrong... is it??

What are you trying to say!!!! What has future planning and saving money got to do here?

Pre-determaintion of value means the price where quantity is the amount.

lol this is funny. Glad i live in a free country. We had similar laws in europe once, but it ended in 15th and 16th century with the renaissance. Banning buffets and Pokemon is definitly not the way that leads to a free and happy society.

Back
Top Bottom