What's new

Ancient India Had Planes: Controversial Claim At Science Congress

bhangi bava

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Anand_Bodas_650.jpg

MUMBAI: An invited plenary speaker at the Indian Science Congress in Mumbai today, raised eyebrows after he delivered a 30 minute speech on ancient Indian aviation technology. Captain Anand Bodas said planes were invented in the Vedic Age by a sage. He also said they could travel from one planet to another, halt mid air and move in any direction thereafter.:lol:

"There is official history and unofficial history. Official history only noted that the Wright Brothers flew the first plane in 1903," said Mr Bodas.

An online petition by a scientist at the NASA research centre, signed by over 200 other scientists had demanded that the scheduled lecture be cancelled as it mixes mythology with science and misleads people.

"I haven't heard of any online petition. I'll cross the bridge when I get there. Once I receive it, I'll give it thought", Mr Bodas said.

He cited an ancient Indian treatise, the 'Vaimanika Prakaranam' as the source of the text and said that most of its principles have been forgotten with the passage of time.:rofl:

Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar who was also present at the symposium said, "Ancient Indian scientific theories were based on minute observations and logic. That wisdom must be recognised.":hitwall:

The symposium on 'Ancient Sciences through Sanskrit' was a first in 102 years of the Indian Science Congress. Eight speakers were invited to deliver speeches on topics ranging from ancient Indian botany and nueroscience of yoga to ancient Indian aviation technology and ancient Indian surgery.

it high time we stop defending these idiots :tsk:

Ancient India Had Planes: Controversial Claim At Science Congress

Hahahahaahahah!!!

Seriously WTF is wrong with these guys?

Looks like achey din are not so achey after all :D

However amusing these revelations may be, they certainly put sober and professional Indians to defense unnecessarily which is truly sad.

where the proof
The papers are with HAL. Besides there are many designs - only one lasted for 37 seconds. IISc studied and concluded that almost all are aerodynamically bogus. But exceptions are there.

A flight over Chowpatty that made history - TOI Mobile | The Times of India Mobile Site
Shivkar Bapuji Talpade - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (Check the references in the end)

We are talking about heavier than air travel. :)

In fact check this out - the list is pretty large ...
List of aviation pioneers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:lol:
The papers are with HAL. Besides there are many designs - only one lasted for 37 seconds. IISc studied and concluded that almost all are aerodynamically bogus. But exceptions are there.

A flight over Chowpatty that made history - TOI Mobile | The Times of India Mobile Site
Shivkar Bapuji Talpade - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (Check the references in the end)

We are talking about heavier than air travel. :)

In fact check this out - the list is pretty large ...
List of aviation pioneers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
ancient-humans_o_304926.jpg

While some of the claims will have to be investigated, this is actually a good step.
For example, when I tell people about plastic surgery, or modern trignometry starting here, and later being translated to arabic people just outright refuse to believe it, even though it is actually accepted knowledge at this point. Even many journalists today were mocking some of the legit claims and dont know about Sushruta, brahmagupta, Madhava etc.
For example here is apiece on Madhava's sine series, 500 years before newton and co. Madhava's sine and cosine series

Hopefully, this can highlight things we already know and then fund further research, into confirming/debunking claims. Should be interesting.

Last edited:
Captain Anand Bodas said planes were invented in the Vedic Age by a sage. He also said they could travel from one planet to another, halt mid air and move in any direction thereafter.:lol:
It high time we stop defending these idiots :tsk:
Actually that Vedic sage must have seen a bloody UFO. The aliens must have taken him to their home planet and taught him algebra there after which he was returned. They must have halted in mid air to throw the bugger out!

Shit, man! Is this a 'Science Congress' or a tamasha?

Back
Top Bottom