What's new

Ancient History not Appreciated by Pakistanis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are one peolpe, body mind and soul.Indians r liars..this swami guy doesnt know nuts..Gud they banned him..I say v should ban all indians..They ve nohing but trash to write..Saraswati...haha...I think Indus valley civilisation should be renamed Muhammad civilisation or something similar to desist indians from making silly claims.

Swami is right you are wrong brother. Accept the fact that we are of Indic stock. NO matter what you can not become an Iranic, Arab, Turk etc.

Swami is right you are wrong brother. Accept the fact that we are of Indic stock. NO matter what you can not become an Iranic, Arab, Turk etc.

What is 'Indic Stock'?

The human migration theory suggests all humans are descendant from some African tribe (Adam and Eve were black! God's real 'chosen people').

Then there are also theories that South India was populated by people from Africa.

I don't think there is such a thing as 'Indic stock', given the ethnic/racial diversity in India and Pakistan.

Nonsense.

Pakistan is linguistically half Indic and half Iranic.

These are language classifications, nothing to do with genetic stock or evolution.

Another thing to point out is that the "Indic" language classification bases itself on some small discrepancies in the evolution of Sanskrit which was generated out of the Avestan.

"Indic" is really a nonsensical term - i feel it was invented to unify the subcontinent artificially.

What is 'Indic Stock'?

The human migration theory suggests all humans are descendant from some African tribe (Adam and Eve were black! God's real 'chosen people').

Then there are also theories that South India was populated by people from Africa.

I don't think there is such a thing as 'Indic stock', given the ethnic/racial diversity in India and Pakistan.

Okay then what are we? Arab!!!

Nonsense.

Pakistan is linguistically half Indic and half Iranic.

These are language classifications, nothing to do with genetic stock or evolution.

Another thing to point out is that the "Indic" language classification bases itself on some small discrepancies in the evolution of Sanskrit which was generated out of the Avestan.

"Indic" is really a nonsensical term - i feel it was invented to unify the subcontinent artificially.

Not just linguistically but ethnically. Majority of people in Pakistan are Punjabi who have indic or Indian background. So are the Sindhis and people of Karachi. So majority have Indian background.

Not just linguistically but ethnically.

What makes an ethnic group, Indian or Indic? Do you have any idea?

Majority of people in Pakistan are Punjabi who have indic or Indian background. So are the Sindhis and people of Karachi. So majority have Indian background.

Punjabis in Pakistan have a Pakistani background.

The background or history of the Pakistani Punjab is all that happened within the confines of Pakistani Punjabi. This has nothing to do with India.

The background or history of an individual Pakistani Punjabi is all that happened to his or her ancestors. This again has nothing to do with India, with the exception of the Muhajirs, though they will eventually assimilate into the wider Pakistani society.

Currently, it is only the Muhajirs of Pakistan that can claim an Indian background. Noone else, not even the majority of Pakistani Punjabis.

Punjabis in Pakistan have a Pakistani background.
I agree but before 1947 Pakistan did not exist. What were we before 1947.

Anyway!! :)

Pakistan, the name did not exist.

The land now known as Pakistan ALWAYS existed.

This land has history - Pakistani history.

The ancestors of today's Pakistanis - the history of the people of Pakistan.

Last edited:

So you are saying that your ancestors didnt exist before 1947? Punjabis, Sindhis didnt exist before 1947?
Dont mistake the day of our independence as the day of our "creation".

Also tell me what Pakistani ethnic groups have in common with Assamese, Tamils and the rest of Indians.

Please define "Indic" people. We already have ethnic groups for such groupings, and its common knowledge that all neighbouring ethnic groups share similarities. Note the word neighbouring. Pakistani ethnic groups have similarities with all neighbours. Why don't you emphasize the Afghanic or Iranic ethnic groups as much as you emphasize Indic?

The ethnic groups around the Indus river also share similarities with each other. Why not emphasise this?
There is no such thing as "Indic ethnic groups". If there is, then there should also be the "Indus ethnic groups".

So you are saying that your ancestors didnt exist before 1947? Punjabis, Sindhis didnt exist before 1947?

Also tell me what Pakistani ethnic groups have in common with Assamese, Tamils and the rest of Indians.

Please define "Indic" people. We already have ethnic groups for such groupings, and its common knowledge that all neighbouring ethnic groups share similarities. Note the word neighbouring. Pakistani ethnic groups have similarities with all neighbours. Why don't you emphasize the Afghanic or Iranic ethnic groups as much as you emphasize Indic?

The ethnic groups around the Indus river also share similarities with each other. Why not emphasise this?
There is no such thing as "Indic ethnic groups". If there is, then there should also be the "Indus ethnic groups".

Nothing in common but in border sense they are Indian. Anyways, I have my ways of thinking, you have ur ways.

Look its true that Pakistani ethnic groups have little in common with Assamese Tamils and the rest of Indians.But so are upper cast north indians Vis-à-vis mojority of south indians or Assamese for that matter.Surely they are ethinically more in common with majority of pakistani(punjabi & sindhis) populace.

hell even good no of south indian Brahmins are some of the fairest
skined ppl in the sub continent while rest of the south indians tend to be brown.

Look its true that Pakistani ethnic groups have little in common with Assamese Tamils and the rest of Indians.But so are upper cast north indians Vis-à-vis mojority of south indians or Assamese for that matter.Surely they are ethinically more in common with majority of pakistani(punjabi & sindhis) populace.

hell even good no of south indian Brahmins are some of the fairest
skined ppl in the sub continent while rest of the south indians tend to be brown.

The point here is not that commonalities do not exist between some people in the border regions, it is the argument that somehow we need to invent a whole new 'stock' called 'Indic' to somehow describe everyone in South Asia, when it is quite obvious that there are multiple ethnicities and 'stocks' in South Asia.

Musalman's only response to this is to trivialize the argument and raise the canard of 'so we must be Arabs!'.

I'll place him in a similar category of people as those who claim Arab ancestry without justification, someone who is insecure enough to cling to and invent some 'mythical' 'Indic stock' to belong to.

I don't understand why people have problems with being themselves, and have to associate with someone or the other....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom