What's new

Ancient History not Appreciated by Pakistanis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing in common but in border sense they are Indian. Anyways, I have my ways of thinking, you have ur ways.

Look its true that Pakistani ethnic groups have little in common with Assamese Tamils and the rest of Indians.But so are upper cast north indians Vis-à-vis mojority of south indians or Assamese for that matter.Surely they are ethinically more in common with majority of pakistani(punjabi & sindhis) populace.

hell even good no of south indian Brahmins are some of the fairest
skined ppl in the sub continent while rest of the south indians tend to be brown.

The whole point of having an ethnic group like Punjabi is to define people who are similar, i.e people with the same culture, language and to some extent religion. 1200 years of Islam, and you are still trying to convince me that Punjabis and Sindhis couldn't possibly have any similarities with their neighbours to their west.

You cant make a group of ethnic groups. Its simply absurd. Now if you want to discuss similarities between Baluchis, Pathans and Punjabis on the other sides of the border, then go ahead. But Pakistan represents the majority of all the major ethnic groups shared with neighbouring countries. So you cant claim Pakistanis to be Indic, Iranic or Afghanic. It would be the other way around for those ethnic groups. This is not to say that I dont find grouping already existing ethnic groups ridiculous.

The South Indian Brahmins tend to be Tamil looking. The fair ones are recent immigrants from the Northwest of India. The overwhelming majority of Brahmins in both South AND North India are Tamil looking imo.

A small percentage of Brahmins look "fair".

Nothing in common but in border sense they are Indian. Anyways, I have my ways of thinking, you have ur ways.

Pakistan consists of five major ethnic groups. Punjabis, Pashtuns, Sindhis, Saraikis, and Baloch. Kashmir is a disputed area so I'm going to leave Kashmiris out of this discussion (BTW I consider Kashmiris to be Pakistanis too). There are other ethnic groups in Pakistan also, but they are a small minority.

Of the five major ethnic groups of Pakistan:
Punjabis are 46% of Pakistan's population. In India, a country of over 1 billion, Punjabis are only 3% of India's population.

Pashtuns are 16% of Pakistan's population. In India, a country of over 1 billion, Pashtuns are less than 0.00000001% of India's population

Sindhis are more than 14% of Pakistan's population. In India, a country of over 1 billion, Sindhis are less than 0.0000005% of India's population.

Saraiki are 9% of Pakistan's population. In India, a country of over 1 billion, Saraikis are less than 0.00000001% of India's population

Baloch are more than 3.5% of Pakistan's population. In India, a country of over 1 billion, Baloch dont even exist.

Mohajars, who migrated from India during partition in 1947 and their descendants, are 7% of Pakistan's population...these people are same as Muslims living in India.

My conclusion: Pakistan and India are not the same people, Pakistanis are not Indians because majority of Pakistanis are not similar to the majority of Indians. Only the very very very small minority Punjabis, Sindhis, Pashtuns, Saraikis living in India are similar to Pakistanis but they are an extremely small minority in India.

Last edited:
Pakistan consists of five major ethnic groups. Punjabis, Pashtuns, Sindhis, Saraikis, and Baloch. Kashmir is a disputed area so I'm going to leave Kashmiris out of this discussion (BTW I consider Kashmiris to be Pakistanis too). There are other ethnic groups in Pakistan also, but they are a small minority.

Of the five major ethnic groups of Pakistan:
Punjabis are 46% of Pakistan's population. In India, a country of over 1 billion, Punjabis are only 3% of India's population.

Pashtuns are 16% of Pakistan's population. In India, a country of over 1 billion, Pashtuns are less than 0.00000001% of India's population

Sindhis are more than 14% of Pakistan's population. In India, a country of over 1 billion, Sindhis are less than 0.0000005% of India's population.

Saraiki are 9% of Pakistan's population. In India, a country of over 1 billion, Saraikis are less than 0.00000001% of India's population

Baloch are more than 3.5% of Pakistan's population. In India, a country of over 1 billion, Baloch dont even exist.

Mohajars, who migrated from India during partition in 1947 and their descendants, are 7% of Pakistan's population...these people are same as Muslims living in India.

My conclusion: Pakistan and India are not the same people, Pakistanis are not Indians because majority of Pakistanis are not similar to the majority of Indians. Only the very very very small minority Punjabis, Sindhis, Pashtuns, Saraikis living in India are similar to Pakistanis but they are an extremely small minority in India.

Lets make it in numbers:

--------------Pakistan----------------------India
Saraiki---- around 1,30,00,000-------- around 57,000
Baloch-----around 8,00,00,000-------- nil
Punjabi----around 9,00,00,000---------around 3,00,00,000
Sindhi-----around 4,30,00,000---------around 50,00,000
Pashtun---around 2,80,00,000--------around 12,000

and rest ethinic group of india...please dont ask to eloborate it. It will take hours.. so i'm giving a link.
Template:Ethnic Groups of India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So comaparing with these much groups, the Punjabi,Sindhi,Saraiki etc are not too much small.

Lets make it in numbers:

and rest ethinic group of india...please dont ask to eloborate it. It will take hours.. so i'm giving a link.

So comaparing with these much groups, the Punjabi,Sindhi,Saraiki etc are not too much small.

"Not too much small"...for what exactly??

Are you going to ignore the other 97% of Indian people in order to claim that Indians belong to the Indus region?

We have already established that Punjabis on both sides of the border have similarities.
Note, Punjabis only. This is about as far as you can pull the "same ancestors" card.
I am not even taking into account that Sikh Punjabis and Muslim Punjabis haven't mixed for centuries, and that not every Indian Punjabi has Pakistani origin, but it is conclusive that Indian people do not belong to the Indus region.

Next.

The actual figures are irrelevant here, because India is considered one grouping, Pakistan another grouping.

The Pakistani groupings which form nearly 100% of Pakistan's mixture only form 1% of India's people (those too are highly mixed with the surroundings).

You guys have made a rather elementary mistake. While comparing the populations, don't look for the identical ethnic group, but similar ethnic groups.

For example, Pakistani Punjab's population (81mn) should be compared with Indian Punjab+Haryana+Himachal Pradesh (51mn)

Sindh's population (46mn) should be compared with Gujarat (50mn)

Lets make it in numbers:

Whats with the commas.

-----------Pakistan-----India
Saraikis 13,843,106------56,096 Saraiki people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Baloch 8,000,000-----------0 Baloch people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Punjabi 90,000,000----------30,000,00 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punjabi_people
Sindhi 43,842,000----------4,890,000 Sindhi people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Pashtun 28,000,000---------11,086 Pashtun people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is 2005 estimate, Pashtun population in Pakistan has risen a lot since then in Pakistan and is much higher than the Sindhi population.

Pakistan's total population: 172,800,000 Demographics of Pakistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
India's Total population: 1.15 billion Demographics of India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

When you do the math, less than 3.1% of India's total population share the same ethnicity of Pakistanis. More than 96.99% of Indians are not similar to Pakistanis, except the Indian Muslims who are similar to Mohajars (people and their descendents who migrated from India to Pakistan during partition).

Last edited:
Let me just say, that more PUnjabis migrated in 1947, than other linguistic groups. They were also mohajir, although they do not wear the label as such, anymore.

Whats with the commas.

-----------Pakistan-----India
Saraikis 13,843,106------56,096 Saraiki people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Baloch 8,000,000-----------0 Baloch people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Punjabi 90,000,000----------30,000,00 Punjabi people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sindhi 43,842,000----------4,890,000 Sindhi people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Pashtun 28,000,000---------11,086 Pashtun people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is 2005 estimate, Pashtun population in Pakistan has risen a lot since then in Pakistan and is much higher than the Sindhi population.

Pakistan's total population: 172,800,000 Demographics of Pakistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
India's Total population: 1.15 billion Demographics of India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

When you do the math, less than 3.1% of India's total population share the same ethnicity of Pakistanis. More than 96.9% of Indians are not similar to Pakistanis, except the Indian Muslims which are similar to Mohajars (people and their descendents who migrated from India to Pakistan during partition).

Friend, when we add history to these ethnic groups. They derived from either Aryans or Dravidian's.

You guys have made a rather elementary mistake. While comparing the populations, don't look for the identical ethnic group, but similar ethnic groups.

For example, Pakistani Punjab's population (81mn) should be compared with Indian Punjab+Haryana+Himachal Pradesh (51mn)

Punjab was divided into the three states you mentioned.

Although to compare gujrat with sindh wouldn't be correct. There are Sindhis in gujarat and bombay, but a very small minority. Often they're stinking rich too.

Sindhis and Gujratis are nothing alike. The language and culture are totally different, and I'm Punjabi and I dont even know what Haryana Himachal Pradesh is. My grandfather said there were some Sikhs who lived in our village and then went to India after partition. Punjabis on both sides maybe similar people but those Punjabis in India are only 3% of India's population whereas in Pakistan, Punjabis make half of Pakistan's population.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom