What's new

Ancient History not Appreciated by Pakistanis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the idea that the entity formed by drawing an arbitrary boundary based on Muslim population in 1947 happened to coincide exactly with an enitity which remained largely isolated from the rest of India for most of history, is highly absurd.

The fact is that Pakistani history and society is deeply intertwined with Indian history and society, and nothing can change that.

Honestly i didnt know Afghans had any empire?!

Yes - the Durrani empire - encompassed most of modern day Afghanistan and Pakistan. Some parts of Iran too.

9f85e4ba2aa699cc47b3abb3b24577c7.jpg

The fact is that Pakistani history and society is deeply intertwined with Indian history and society, and nothing can change that.

As it is intertwined with the history of Iran and Afghanistan as well.

The connections do exist, but the fact is that the nucleus of some aspects of that history, such as the IVC, existed in what is today Pakistan, and therefore are Pakistani more than Indian.

As it is intertwined with the history of Iran and Afghanistan as well.

The western parts of Pakistan share more with Afghani history, but even parts of Afghani history are shared with India, so depends on the time period.

OTOH, Eastern provinces of Pakistan share a lot of history with the north-western Indian provinces.

I think Niaz summed up the situation quite well a few pages ago.

Regarding IVC - no comment.

I'm talking about the post IVC period - the Buddhist and Hindu age.

The western parts of Pakistan share more with Afghani history, but even parts of Afghani history are shared with India, so depends on the time period.

OTOH, Eastern provinces of Pakistan share a lot of history with the north-western Indian provinces.

I think Niaz summed up the situation quite well a few pages ago.

Regarding IVC - no comment.

I'm talking about the post IVC period - the Buddhist and Hindu age.

I fail to see how that is counter to my argument that Pakistan shares history with Iran, Afghanistan and India. And the people of the North West and West can be found throughout Pakistan, indicating that the cultures from various parts of the country have diffused through Pakistan.

I fail to see how that is counter to my argument that Pakistan shares history with Iran, Afghanistan and India. And the people of the North West and West can be found throughout Pakistan, indicating that the cultures from various parts of the country have diffused through Pakistan.

It doesn't, but then for that matter even India shares history with Iran (Taj Mahal!!)

The point is that Pakistani history and culture has much more in common with India than with any other country - that's a fact - and its especially true in its 2 eastern provinces, which BTW make up the vast majority of its population.

1.Present day muslims in the subcontinent are converts.(obvious)
2.People of punjab and afghanistan n the northern regions r different fro those in other regions of Indian subcontinenet.
3.Sindhis are more similar to gujaratis than punjabis(not discussing religion here)
4.The invasion by Sakas and Huns pushed the original inhabitants of the nothern regions(punjab n higher up) to the ganga plain.But military advances do not necessarily convert into long term advantages.
The soft power of the earlier civilisation(probably also the ruse of fertile punjb region) got these nomadic tribes to settle and gradually accept `hinduism`.So they ve a different geneology..With the advent of Islamic invaders these people were converted to Islam.So a punjabi sikh or a haryanvi hindu or a pakistani punjabi muslim has same geneology.

Sindhis are similar to gjaratis.Baluchs n Kashmiris as Pushtoons r different nationality like the nagas or tamils.
Pushtuns here need special emphasis..There were wave of nomadic inaders..cal them huns, sakas/skythians,mongols, turks etc.So the western region of the subcontinent(pak/afghan) region contains various nationalities with the later invader pushing the former into the subconinent.theefore punjabis r diff than pushtuns.in the current day pak/afghan region, sindhis r he only people who were there in the time of IVC.

nadir shah came lots later....
just to cheer pakistani friends..u aren aryans but nothing to be disappointed abt because Scythians r well documented to be terrific warriors..n had blood rituals n all(western documentation)..Huns not too bad either..
hese people defeated the aryans n established themselves in the regions mentioned..cheers
As for Ghaggar hakra debate...The whole theory is indeed true..but Indus river was never abondoned..in fact after the drying of Hakra Ghaggar/Saraswati people moved both east n west..east to Indus n west to ganges..

The invasions took place between 100 n 500 AD..If u google a little u will find out..I ve other stuff too but this forum has its limitations..I will wait for the right audience...:toast_sign:

Swami, please read the whole thread.

Your arguments have been trashed countless of times already, and we don't need to keep repeating ourselves.
Try to counter the arguments posted most recently. Besides, we use something called "sources" to back up our claims. You have no sources and half the stuff you are claiming barely makes any sense.
I see you only joined a few days ago, so take your time familiarising yourself will all the posts and more importantly the topic.

And I also just noticed that you are banned, and I didn't write all this for nothing so I am gonna go ahead and click on that post reply button anyway...

nadir shah came lots later....
just to cheer pakistani friends..u aren aryans but nothing to be disappointed abt because Scythians r well documented to be terrific warriors..n had blood rituals n all(western documentation)..Huns not too bad either..
hese people defeated the aryans n established themselves in the regions mentioned..cheers
As for Ghaggar hakra debate...The whole theory is indeed true..but Indus river was never abondoned..in fact after the drying of Hakra Ghaggar/Saraswati people moved both east n west..east to Indus n west to ganges..

I know Scythians are very great warriors, However, I havent said im Aryan! how do you find out?! Scythians were great with sword, Aryans with bow, There are people in Iran, We call them "Lur" they're descendents of both Scythians and Aryans! Im a Lur actually! :D :enjoy:

Sorry if it was off-topic i wanted you to know there were marriage between Aryans and Scythians! :coffee:

We are one peolpe, body mind and soul.Indians r liars..this swami guy doesnt know nuts..Gud they banned him..I say v should ban all indians..They ve nohing but trash to write..Saraswati...haha...I think Indus valley civilisation should be renamed Muhammad civilisation or something similar to desist indians from making silly claims.

1) How Ghauri was linked with Pakistan? I tried to find out regarding the same but all facts points that he only related to current day Pakistan as aggressor. Even than missile has been named after him.

2) Main basis for forming the Pakistan is religion. Even today Pakistan talk all the time about Muslim Brotherhood. Why are they interested in non-Islamic history.
And before you ask why India is interested in non-Hindu history, well we never had bias towards any religion.
(I think second point must have been covered here. If so pls point be that. I tried searching but nothing came up).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom