What's new

Ancient History not Appreciated by Pakistanis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sindhis and Gujratis are nothing alike. The language and culture are totally different, and I'm Punjabi and I dont even know what Haryana Himachal Pradesh is. My grandfather said there were some Sikhs who lived in our village and then went to India after partition. Punjabis on both sides maybe similar people but those Punjabis in India are only 3% of India's population whereas in Pakistan, Punjabis make half of Pakistan's population.

Sindhis and Gujaratis are pretty much alike, apart from language.

Erm, grandfather and native-village references don't really cut it. And, if you haven't heard of Haryana then that's your fault.

Also, I'm not buying the percentage argument either, but then, what exactly are we arguing about again?

How are they alike?

I haven't seen sindhis wear ghagra choli, eat bhel puri and pav bhaji, nor do they do the daandia on navraatri.

where's the similarity? is it the good looks?

the memon business community in Sindhi cities and dawoodi bohras can be compared to gujaratis, that i accept. But there's not many of them.

the memon business community in Sindhi cities and dawoodi bohras can be compared to gujaratis, that i accept. But there's not many of them.

Arent memons the people who also migrated from India to Pakistan during partition? They are not really Sindhis, we call them Urdu speakers.

You guys have made a rather elementary mistake. While comparing the populations, don't look for the identical ethnic group, but similar ethnic groups.

For example, Pakistani Punjab's population (81mn) should be compared with Indian Punjab+Haryana+Himachal Pradesh (51mn)

Sindh's population (46mn) should be compared with Gujarat (50mn)

That's where you logic is incredibly flawed. Every neighbouring ethnic group has similarities (Pakistans west too). And they are certainly not 'identical'. You cant group ethnic groups like that in the first place, or it makes the use of ethnic groups pointless.

Like I said, only the two Punjabs can claim to be 'similar people'. And there are still lot of factors not considered then, like religion and current mixing.

Indian Punjabs population is 24 million. The other Punjabis have been added from the neighbouring states to make it 30 million Punjabis in India. And they make up 2.6% of Indian population.

We? who is we?

They speak a dialect of gujarati (they do speak urdu as a second language as well).

And I didn't say they are sindhis. But they live mostly in Sindhi cities.

Sindhis and Gujaratis are pretty much alike, apart from language.

Erm, grandfather and native-village references don't really cut it. And, if you haven't heard of Haryana then that's your fault.

Also, I'm not buying the percentage argument either, but then, what exactly are we arguing about again?

Sindhis are most similar to Baloch people out of all the ethnic groups in South Asia.

BTW I didnt make up the percentage, you can do you own research and do your own math and you'll see for yourself.

That's where you logic is incredibly flawed. Every neighbouring ethnic group has similarities (Pakistans west too). And they are certainly not 'identical'. You cant group ethnic groups like that in the first place, or it makes the use of ethnic groups pointless.

Like I said, only the two Punjabs can claim to be 'similar people'. And there are still lot of factors not considered then, like religion and current mixing.

Indian Punjabs population is 24 million. The other Punjabis have been added from the neighbouring states to make it 30 million Punjabis in India. And they make up 2.6% of Indian population.

That's true. The property laws in Bharatiya Punjab/Haryana encourage this, as it is not allowed for Punjabi to buy property outside his state, but people from other states are allowed to buy land and property in punjab.

That's true. The property laws in Bharatiya Punjab/Haryana encourage this, as it is not allowed for Punjabi to buy property outside his state, but people from other states are allowed to buy land and property in punjab.

Where did you get this? I don't know about Punjab/Haryana , but in Himachal Pradesh, non-Himachalis are not allowed to buy property.

How are they alike?

I haven't seen sindhis wear ghagra choli, eat bhel puri and pav bhaji, nor do they do the daandia on navraatri.

where's the similarity? is it the good looks?

Well, since we are comparing ethnic groups, I'm assuming that we'll be comparing them on the terms of looks. Is there any other way to do that?

What does clothes and food have to do with it? (btw, by language I meant "culture" - my mistake)

:what: :what: :what:Excuse me where did you get it???

Well, since we are comparing ethnic groups, I'm assuming that we'll be comparing them on the terms of looks. Is there any other way to do that?

What does clothes and food have to do with it? (btw, by language I meant "culture" - my mistake)

Oh, I can just imagine it. You sitting behind a desk, squinting at reels and reels of phtos of sindhis and gujuratis, with a big magnifying glass in your hand. that is called Living Science.

Oh, I can just imagine it. You sitting behind a desk, squinting at reels and reels of phtos of sindhis and gujuratis, with a big magnifying glass in your hand. that is called Living Science.

Comeon. If anything, you should be going after Roadrunner.

This is unfair.

We are proud to have common root with our Pakistani brothers.

LOL no u r not :) Iranian look down upon us, just check some Iranian forum you will understand. Please do not take it badly I must admit that not all are racist few are really nice :) but a good majority is racist toward us

The South Indian Brahmins tend to be Tamil looking. The fair ones are recent immigrants from the Northwest of India. The overwhelming majority of Brahmins in both South AND North India are Tamil looking imo.

A small percentage of Brahmins look "fair".

Well,

First of all, let me tell u I'm a Brahmin my self though not Tamil.

yes, ancestors of most Brahmins came from Northwest of India(after crossing todays pakistan), not recently but thousands of yrs ago.And there is nothing like native Brahmin population of south india ...

At the cost of looking like a racist to some, i must say atleast 50% of Brahmins are fair looking(gora chitta) even by socalled pakistani(RR's) standards...hell whats the argument here, we all know brahmins are of Indo-Aryans origins the same to which major chunk of pakistani population belongs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom