What's new

Ancient Chinese influence in Kerala, India

Water Car Engineer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States
Is this Chinese influence in Kerala's architecture?

Kerala has historical been trading with Middle East, Africa, etc for a long period of time. For example Islam, Christianity, and Judaism came to Kerala very early in each religion's history because of the historical trade.

But it also has been trading with the Chinese and other orientals. And if you see the architecture it doesn't look like anything from the region.

Can you see Chinese influence?? Can you access this?

4793188688_2fdbce7c43_z.jpg

padmanabhapuram-b.jpg

kerala_architecture.JPG

dsc_0472.jpg

img1584kj.jpg

I think it is influenced more by south asian architecture like those found in Thailand, Malay etc. Looks different from Chinese architecture too.

Btw I think you will never get bored looking at the colourful figures and decals of those south indian temples.

I think it is influenced more by south asian architecture like those found in Thailand etc. Looks different from Chinese architecture too.

Btw I think you will never get bored looking at the colourful figures and decals of those south indian temples.

South East Asian you mean. And yeah I thought that too, It just looks off.

Yeah south east asia. For some reason I only thought of Indochina when thinking about south east asia, and actually countries like Indonesia are more south than countries considered south asia.

Good there is no Chinese influence in India,otherwise India would have done a South Korea or a Japan or a Singapore。:cheers:

Good there is no Chinese influence in India,otherwise India would have done a South Korea or a Japan or a Singapore。:cheers:

I believe India -China have had a long relationship going back to the times of Atlantis.

influence of Chinese can be seen fishing net (cheena vala --means chinese fishing net) ...Chinese sailor Zheng -He introduced it in kerala

fort-cochin_201207.jpg

There is no Chinese influence in India, Only influence is Chinese noodles that to in recent times :cheers:

Depends what is implied by India. If it meant to be the Indo Gangetic plains , central India , peninsular India you may be right.

India shares a border with China as known to us mostly with Tibet.

In laddakh the lines between Indo & tibetian culture are blurred in terms of food, dresses and so many things.

Similarly, if you travel eastwards the similarity shows too in Sikkim, AP etc.

Chinese are an isolated community and they opened up in 1970's to the world, There may be some Chinese fishing nets or some chinese utensils in India. We interacted with Tibetan People which is a Buddhist kingdom and an autonomous region.
You are right in your post Chinese are influenced by Japanese, Koreans and even Singporeans.

India influenced China in a large way by spreading Buddhism and teaching Martial arts to Chinese

Chinese influence extends heavily into countries inhabited by yellow peoples. If you see a yellow, he or she is likely practicing Chinese or quasi-Chinese culture.

I don't think they have much impact on peoples of other color.

Yellow is a very derogatory word to refer to Chinese with.

Chinese are an isolated community and they opened up in 1970's to the world, There may be some Chinese fishing nets or some chinese utensils in India. We interacted with Tibetan People which is a Buddhist kingdom and an autonomous region.
You are right in your post Chinese are influenced by Japanese, Koreans and even Singporeans.

India influence China in a large way by spreading Buddhism and teaching Martial arts to Chinese

China has been mainly buddhist,taoist and confucianist along with animism. And chinese had their own art related to chi energy.Martial arts is a hybrid there in China

Indian culture and civilization is way too strong for that. However Indian culture has penetrated China through Buddhism.

Back
Top Bottom