What's new

Analysis: Dr. Afridi - Enemy of the State?

Then where is the case to be presented in a proper court governed by Pakistani Law and the punishment if he is indeed found guilty? Why hide behind the FCR?
Proper court? FCR governs 3.4% of Pakistan. If he doesnt like it, may he should have ran to Amreeka.

Proper court? FCR governs 3.4% of Pakistan. If he doesnt like it, may he should have ran to Amreeka.

The FCR is part of the reason the writ of Pakistan's law does not extend there. It is part of the problem, not the solution. 3.4% of Pakistan has no universal suffrage. It is where only Sardars vote to keep themselves in Parliament. And it is also where trumped up charges are used to keep Dr. Afridi incarcerated. An utter and national shame for Pakistan.

As usual totally irrelevant and rather pointless.

why irrelevant ? You bharotis leveled treason charge against a cartoonist , some also framed a Arundhati and you are talking about this idiot afridi?

my foot. you Indians first of all need to look at your own actions instead of using afridi's case to satisfy your bruised ego

The FCR is part of the reason the write of Pakistan's law does not extend there. It is part of the problem, not the solution. 3.4% of Pakistan has no universal suffrage. It is where only Sardars vote to keep themselves in Parliament. And it is also where trumped up charges are used to keep Dr. Afridi incarcerated. An utter and national shame for Pakistan.
i agree.

We are working on abolishing FCR, taking lead from the operations conducted there, especially since the Maliks system have taken a hit as they were killed by TTP. But then, the Constitution gives legit cover to the FCR and we are not going to force our way on the people of FATA. After all, we have been taught to respect freedom of choice by none other than the Amreeki champions. As @Spring Onion said, "Mr Afridi and his clan insist on carrying on that law", so who are we to bar them?

Lastly, whether he is tried under FCR or PPC, it is immaterial, the fact of the matter is that he was involved in mal-medical practice and is facing the music for it. Wouldnt he had been treated in the same way in the US (baring the doggish treatment)? Or may be America/FDA or whoever deals with it, has gone easy on unethical doctors?

Lastly, whether he is tried under FCR or PPC, it is immaterial,

But that is precisely what sullies Pakistan's image even further, so whether FCR is used or not is a hugely important fact of material importance with wider implications.

But that is precisely what sullies Pakistan's image even further, so whether FCR is used or not is a hugely important fact of material importance with wider implications.
FCR didnt bother the US or the remainder of the world since the past 6 decades, but now all of a sudden it becomes a matter of 'wide implications'?!

The US doesnt bar its people from screwing with someone's religion in the name of freedom, that's their law. Even though it would enrage a billion Muslims, but it doesnt mater. So is the case when hijab is banned in other countries. Moreover, the US doesnt have death penalty in most of its states, which many outsiders think is wrong. But that doesnt mater either. But when one of their chums is punished under a law that has Constitutional cover of an independent country, it becomes a mater of concern?!

Having said that and having served in FATA, if it is to me, i would abolish FCR just today. But then, if you knew what FCR is and how people of FATA feel about it, you would understand that it cannot be done overnight.

BTW, what exactly do you know of FCR?

Moreover, same was the case with Nizam-e-Ada'l in Swat. It was the Swati people who caused idiots like Sufi Muhammad to take roots there because they didnt want the PPC to provide them with justice. But then, how would you know?

FCR didnt bother the US or the remainder of the world since the past 6 decades, but now all of a sudden it becomes a matter of 'wide implications'?!

Exactly. Why do you think Dr.Afridi was left behind when he could easily have been extracted? He is the rope with which Pakistan is tying itself up in knots in the eyes of the world.

The Frontier Crimes Regulation (FCR) comprises a special set of laws of Pakistan which are applicable to the Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA) of northwestern Pakistan. The law states that three basic rights are not applicable to the residents of FATA – appeal, wakeel and daleel (the right to request a change to a conviction in any court, the right to legal representation and the right to present reasoned evidence, respectively).

Right. :D

The Frontier Crimes Regulation (FCR) comprises a special set of laws of Pakistan which are applicable to the Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA) of northwestern Pakistan. The law states that three basic rights are not applicable to the residents of FATA – appeal, wakeel and daleel (the right to request a change to a conviction in any court, the right to legal representation and the right to present reasoned evidence, respectively).

Right. :D
Typical.

i wonder, what would happen if Wikipedia goes offline one day? ( BTW, that's why i am downloading an offline version of the same :D)

Janu, you have replied like a ratto tota who when asked what Doppler Effect is, would narrated the definition without any recourse to understanding,

What i meant was, if you knew things like; that under FCR, if a man if killed 50 meters away from a road, the state cannot persecute the killer or you can murder someone and pay Rs 2 lac and go back to your business as if nothing ever happened etc etc?

Even a Yank knows that FCR have big loop holes and and is inhuman at times, you on the other hand still clams to be a Pakistani.

But then, like i said, how would you know.

Lastly, FCR doesnt mean that Afridi is not being given the right of a far trial. Even under FCR, people are tried with all the provisions of witnesses, statements and appeal as Afridi is not being tried by a jirga!

FCR doesnt mean that Afridi is not being given the right of a far trial.

Actually, it means precisely that he is not being given a fair trial, claim as you might.

==========================

I have said it before, and will say it again:

Dr. Afridi will traded at the right time for the right price. It is only haggling, nothing of principles.

Last edited:
why irrelevant ? You bharotis leveled treason charge against a cartoonist , some also framed a Arundhati and you are talking about this idiot afridi?

Which cartoonist are you talking about? What treason charges? Was he convicted by a court of law? What about Arundhati? Are you high?

Nope again. Countries take decision based on national interests. Pakistan takes decisions to serve the interests of the people in power. Big difference!

Countries are always run by those in power. It's the same thing. Besides, I see a consensus among the Pakistani pdf users when it comes to Afridi--that is he was a traitor. Personally I think he wasn't even aware of who he was working for and certainly what he was working on.

Countries are always run by those in power. It's the same thing. Besides, I see a consensus among the Pakistani pdf users when it comes to Afridi--that is he was a traitor. Personally I think he wasn't even aware of who he was working for and certainly what he was working on.

Of course SOP would have pawns in the field unaware of the overall situation. I said it clearly at the time when he was arrested, and indicated what needed to be done to convict him if justice were important. His incarceration is vindictiveness, nothing else.

As were your question.
Let me rephrase then.

What did Dr Afridi do which is considered as treason?

and why has he been not charged with treason? Why is he serving a sentence for helping some random terror outfit in Pakistan?

his treason had led to killing of hundreds of polio workers.

Analysis: Dr. Afridi - Enemy of the State? | Page 2

Quote from there

PAKISTAN: Polio vaccination campaign put off in conflict-hit Swat

IRIN Asia | PAKISTAN: Polio vaccination campaign put off in conflict-hit Swat | Pakistan | Aid Policy | Children | Conflict | Health & Nutrition

This news is back from 2007 .

5 Years before shakil afridi you had to put off polio vaccination campaigns .

I can post hundreds of such news from that timeline . It was happening long before Shakil Afridi and was happening so bad that you guys had to stop vaccination plans .

my foot. you Indians first of all need to look at your own actions instead of using afridi's case to satisfy your bruised ego

LOL even after being on PDF for so long you are using diversionary tactics . Doesn't work nowadays :D . Open a new thread about some cartoonist or framed arundhati . I am sure we all wll participate and have fun :) .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom