What's new

An open letter to Pakistani men, from a working class woman

Better alternative - Instead of name calling or saying "will somebody shut her up etc.", use sound arguments to prove why your position is better, in theory and in practice ... just sayin

I've been here way too long my friend. I don't debate anyone anymore as it is a waste of time.

Sorry but Miss Wishal Raheel. Most of things you wrote are crap and are those which are not according to Quran and Sunnah or in other words are not according to Islam so sorry you are not going to get respect for doing those actions never ever. Muslim Men may be hypocrite but we give respect to those who follow example of great pious women like wives of RASOOL SAW and Sahabiat not those who expose make several male friends don't do Hijab hang out with men and than expect respect. Sorry that is not going to happen. Islam strictly prohibits to both Male and Female to make Male and Female friends and hang out with them. You are breaking all orders of Islam and than expecting respect is a bloody joke nothing else.

@war&peace https://twitter.com/wishalraheel This is her twitter account and tell her How unislamic her views are and that these things don't bring respect in our society.
@abdulbarijan @Zibago

Link is broken bro.
Anyway, her article makes a tad too many sweeping generalisations, it would have been nice if she balanced it out with examples of nice Pakistani men, of which there are many. Yes harassment is a problem and it should be tackled , but society will change.
Anyway, fine looking lady, she should get married. :p::o:
I am willing to take it for the team mera gawah kon baney ga?
@The Sandman @Moonlight @Hell hound @django

But she's a feminist bro i want to stay away from them :fie::fie::fie:
Feminists need love too you know :angel:

Nothing new here :no:

A lady wants to have her way of doing things. Cries out loud to all the men of the country to listen. Same old group of members jump in the topic to discuss and have fun. Repetition continues.

Look but dont stare at women. Passing comments is ofcourse totally repulsive. Pakistan needs to grow up. This is the 21st century and women are flying fighter planes but cant wear jeans?
What about girls in shorts in Pakistan ? Are they also becoming popular in malls like here ?

A serious question that should give men a pause to assess their behavior. I may or may not agree with everything in this article but I do believe women should be respected and their rights must be respected as well.

As far as I am concerned, as long as a woman is decently covered, I have no issues with what type of pants she wears.

I have less respect for women who wear hijab and at the same time they are wearing " Tights " that are clinging to their visible BUTT like a glove. That is pure hypocrisy and worst than a woman wearing Jeans.

What I find even more hypocritical are the same men who rant and rave about jean wearing women CANNOT take their eyes of such women's body and undress them with their eyes. There is no dearth of such Hypocrites and some of the same hypocrites are present on this forum.

Look but dont stare at women. Passing comments is ofcourse totally repulsive. Pakistan needs to grow up. This is the 21st century and women are flying fighter planes but cant wear jeans?
What about girls in shorts in Pakistan ? Are they also becoming popular in malls like here ?

Why don't you try to grow up. This is not a matter of nationality. Indian men fare no better and in fact they are worst. India is the world capital of RAPE of such liberal women. So please save this " hollier than thou " attitude and GROW UP.

It's not easy to be a woman. Only when you are a woman you will understand, how difficult it's to be a woman.

I think you need to see videos of women dressing up and pretending to be men first to see what it's like to be a man. The women who did this were shocked at how they were treated by public in general.

Every month a woman has to go through hardships of something called periods for a week.

Men on average die several years earlier than men.

A woman has to bear the pain of pregnancy for 9 months.

A woman's choice. Plus, the vast majority of health care research spending is done researching women's health issues.

Before being pregnant many woman have to take lot of medication to become pregnant. These medications can make you drowsy & give side effects. There can be many miscarriages & abortions.
A woman loses the body shape after delivery. She has to put up a big fight to get back in shape again.

Vast majority of work place fatalities are men.

A man doesn't know the discomfort of breast feeding a child

No woman has ever claimed this causes discomfort. Plus, if men were to complain about minor discomfort they'd be told by people like you to "man up" and "suck it up."

It's mostly always the woman who sacrifices the sleep to take care of the crying child in the night

Not true, not even close. This might be your personal experience but not echoed by most people I know of.

It's mostly the woman who plays, feeds & carries the child the whole day.I
t's mostly the woman who will clean the poo or pee when the child does it on the floor, bed
It's mostly the woman who washes the butt of the child when it poosIt's the woman who will get the child ready for school with breakfast, food & dressing

While the man goes out into the real world and works, often labour jobs that reduce his lifespan, the woman gets to stay home under a roof and potentially watch television, talk to relatives, etc.. Most men would love to have that option while working.

Also, vast majority of the homeless are men. Be glad you get to do this while living under a roof paid for my someone else, while you get to do what you chose to do - you could have just as easily chose to work and find a job, but you instead chose to have a family and go through whatever "troubles" you say you go through.

A woman is not paid a salary for all the work she does at home.

You are choosing to live like this. Choose to live a different life where you have a job and don't have kids. No one's forcing you to have kids. At the same time, you are getting provided for, live under a roof and get to do shopping for doing house work. Most importantly, the money the man earns is not spent on himself but mostly the family and wife. I am not sure why you are complaining here.

Men claim they do all the hard work & earn. They don't realize if you don't have mother or wife, you have to shell out a lot of money to do the same work.

Actually, no you don't. I live alone and don't take help from a woman. I do most of the cleaning myself. Most single men at my age are in a similar position.

A housewife's life is like living in a jail, but a man spends most of his time outside. Let a man do the same job of a woman & stay indoors for days & months, they will understand how it feels

Yes, time spent outside by the man 8-10 hours a day, often times doing back breaking labour where injuries are common, is so much better than living under a roof provided for by someone else.

If a woman is a working woman, life is more hell for her
She's bossed around by men & looked at with perverted eyes by many of them.

Complete and utter exaggeration. And if a man were to complain about something similar, he'd be told to "get on with it" and "suck it up".

A man mostly thinks only men can be good Managers or leaders, not a woman.

Again trying to project your personal experiences and generalizing it to all men. Meantime, women want equality in management, STEM fields, board of directors, etc. But don't want equality in plumbing, mining, construction, military/policy training tests, garbage pickup, sewer cleaning, lumberjack, carpenters, linemen and power and electrical workers, mechanics, fishing, etc.

The woman doesn't get any reduction in her household duties if she's working, she starts early in the morning & works & works till late in the night, when men can be partying

Again completely devoid of any reality and mostly projecting, and that's really made clear by "men can be partying". Clearly your group of men is one of a kind.

After all this a woman is mostly never appreciated. Men find faults in the woman & illtreat her

Actually it's just as much the other way around. Men spend 8-10 hours working and the fruits of their labour are unappreciated and merely expected. And again generalizing with the second sentence.

It's mostly the men who cheat around & is still forgiven, never a woman

Statistically not true - while women do cheat slightly less, it's not a big difference. Roughly 10% of the children in US are being raised by a man who thinks he is the biological father, but it isn't, because the mother cheated on him.

If a man is seen alone by ladies in the midnight alone, nothing will happen, but if a woman is seen alone in the midnight you can't expect the same

No, but he might get mugged are killed - men are by far the biggest victims of violence crime.
Or he might get pulled over by cops for being a male.

Men can marry 3-4 woman, women don't have that privilege

And the women can take all of his wealth away in a divorce and take the children with her.

It's mostly woman who will be primary school teachers. Men should go & teach primary school to understand how difficult it's to nurture a child.

I am glad you brought this up. Research suggests men don't teach primary schools or high schools for few reasons:

1) Out of a fear that they might get falsely reported for a sexual assault/harassment
2) Because parents are more likely to look upon them as suspicious
3) Because women find male primary school teachers "unmanly" and assume they don't make very much money, and thus are not interested in them.

It's possible to grow a child without a father, but it's not easy to grow a child without a mother.

Both are just as easily possible. Consider going to US or Canada where there are plenty of single father kids who mostly grew up just fine.

It's mostly the woman who will sacrifice or compromise in a relation.

It's the opposite. Women are by far the more controlling ones and will demand to get things done their way, while men are more likely to go along with it because they don't like shouting and yelling, and don't want to lose most of their assets and children in a divorce.

It's mostly the woman who will say I love you to a man even after years of living together. A man will have difficulty to show love, forget saying those words.

Complete and utter imagination. Don't know where you're getting this from now.

I can go on & on. If you respect woman you will allow a woman to skip the queue. Queue is impartial for both men & woman in many countries, but it's your modesty & respect for woman to allow them to skip it

And if you respect a man, understand the kind of troubles they go through, and want equality, you will not ask for special treatment just because you are a woman.

Have you noticed, in-spite of all these woman are depicted dark & given black burqa to wear when men wear white. Black stands for doom & White stands for purity & peace.That's a joke

Most designers are female.

To be honest, most of what you complained about are personal choices that women make that they are not forced to make. While the issue that men face, many of which I listed above, are pushed upon them by society's expectations and how it treats men in general. If men were complaining about as mundane things as you're complaining about, most women (and men) would call them "sore losers", "cry babies", grow some balls", "act like a man", "man up", "pansy", "go get laid", "misogynist" and a barrage of other sexist insults.

Note, the men's issues I mentioned in response to some of your women's issues are not equivalent in their magnitude. For example, that vast majority of homeless are men, or that men die earlier than women, or that vast majority of workplace fatalities are men, etc, are much bigger issues than almost all issues you listed.

I think most of the problems the author of this article here is referring to can collectively be called eve teasing.

I have hardly seen a woman resist the real culprit responsible for this sort of harassment, by resisting I mean they don't raise any alarm, they prefer to remain silent. I don't know why but they just tend to live with it, if they could dare and raise their voice I am sure they would find many helping men to sort out the culprit. But raise the alarm.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom