What's new

An open letter to Pakistani men, from a working class woman

Professionalsage your immature answer reveals your mindset. Using rape to try to target India when the topic is about male attitudes in Pakistan towards women is sad.
Google rape stats of Pakistan vis India and you will understand the reason of the woman's post.
And nowhere is it proven that liberal women get raped in India more than the village ones.

Sorry but Miss Wishal Raheel. Most of things you wrote are crap and are those which are not according to Quran and Sunnah or in other words are not according to Islam so sorry you are not going to get respect for doing those actions never ever. Muslim Men may be hypocrite but we give respect to those who follow example of great pious women like wives of RASOOL SAW and Sahabiat not those who expose make several male friends don't do Hijab hang out with men and than expect respect. Sorry that is not going to happen. Islam strictly prohibits to both Male and Female to make Male and Female friends and hang out with them. You are breaking all orders of Islam and than expecting respect is a bloody joke nothing else.

@war&peace https://twitter.com/wishalraheel This is her twitter account and tell her How unislamic her views are and that these things don't bring respect in our society.
@abdulbarijan @Zibago

Zarvan mia read the article she is pointing to very serious social evil of this society, we can discuss her dress being Islamic or non Islamic latter once we have agreed that making a female feel uncomfortable is not too Momin of a Muslim.

Professionalsage your immature answer reveals your mindset. Using rape to try to target India when the topic is about male attitudes in Pakistan towards women is sad.
Google rape stats of Pakistan vis India and you will understand the reason of the woman's post.
And nowhere is it proven that liberal women get raped in India more than the village ones.

I believe this eve teasing is more rampant in india than Pakistan.

A serious question that should give men a pause to assess their behavior. I may or may not agree with everything in this article but I do believe women should be respected and their rights must be respected as well.

As far as I am concerned, as long as a woman is decently covered, I have no issues with what type of pants she wears.

I have less respect for women who wear hijab and at the same time they are wearing " Tights " that are clinging to their visible BUTT like a glove. That is pure hypocrisy and worst than a woman wearing Jeans.

What I find even more hypocritical are the same men who rant and rave about jean wearing women CANNOT take their eyes of such women's body and undress them with their eyes. There is no dearth of such Hypocrites and some of the same hypocrites are present on this forum.

Why don't you try to grow up. This is not a matter of nationality. Indian men fare no better and in fact they are worst. India is the world capital of RAPE of such liberal women. So please save this " hollier than thou " attitude and GROW UP.

I have answered this women on twitter also. We are Muslims and Pakistan will always will be Muslim society and those who think or have a delusion that they can break orders of Islam not follow Quran and Sunnah and still will get respect in Pakistan, sorry but that is not going to happen.

Everything she said she does is prohibited by ALLAH and his RASOOL SAW, so by breaking their orders you don't get respect you only get some bad titles. I before turning to Islam was famous for dancing and also roaming around with girls and few other stuff but I had one good thing in me even than that is I never expected respect for doing these things.I was doing Haram so I knew I would be be called Haram#. I am more pissed and get angry on those people who call themselves Muslims do Haram and than expect to get respect also that is something which pisses me the most.

@Zibago @User and others

I have read her article. Most things she said she does are not Islamic instead totally opposite to Islam and after doing those things you don't get respect you only get bad titles and called what you do. Sorry but that How it is ? I am a very sinful Muslim but when I don't something sinful I don't expect respect from society so those who do first need to decide whether they are Muslims or not and if they decide to leave Islam than better they also go to west and live there because 99 % Pakistanis are proud Muslims yes sinful but at least not that dumb to give respect to those who follow their own ego or let say NAFS and devil instead of following ALLAH and his RASOOL SAW.

I would say stop using harassment as an excuse to wear immodest cloths publicly. Who supports men harassing women?
But then again that does not give women a license to disrespect the society.
If a women would be displaying her sexual parts, my instincts are likely to respond or not ? Every action has an equal and opposite reaction, I respect ladies as long as they look like ladies, if a woman dresses up as a B--Bo men will start treating her like one.

I have answered this women on twitter also. We are Muslims and Pakistan will always will be Muslim society and those who think or have a delusion that they can break orders of Islam not follow Quran and Sunnah and still will get respect in Pakistan, sorry but that is not going to happen.

Everything she said she does is prohibited by ALLAH and his RASOOL SAW, so by breaking their orders you don't get respect you only get some bad titles. I before turning to Islam was famous for dancing and also roaming around with girls and few other stuff but I had one good thing in me even than that is I never expected respect for doing these things.I was doing Haram so I knew I would be be called Haram#. I am more pissed and get angry on those people who call themselves Muslims do Haram and than expect to get respect also that is something which pisses me the most.

@Zibago @User and others

I have read her article. Most things she said she does are not Islamic instead totally opposite to Islam and after doing those things you don't get respect you only get bad titles and called what you do. Sorry but that How it is ? I am a very sinful Muslim but when I don't something sinful I don't expect respect from society so those who do first need to decide whether they are Muslims or not and if they decide to leave Islam than better they also go to west and live there because 99 % Pakistanis are proud Muslims yes sinful but at least not that dumb to give respect to those who follow their own ego or let say NAFS and devil instead of following ALLAH and his RASOOL SAW.
Women write such articles just to get attention. Just neglect her

I see Pakistani males, some of them at least, getting very defensive here. A Pakistani woman has rightly or wrongly shown the mirror to her country men. Why must we Indian men be pulled into the discussion? To be honest, rapes or eve teasing or not, there is very little doubt in my mind who has an easier more equal and more liberated life between a Hindu woman and her Muslim counterpart. Yes I am basing this assessment mainly on what I see in India and read and hear and see from around the world. And Pakistan might well be a completely liberated gender equal oasis in this all. It it may not. Either way the woman in question is not speaking about Indian men. But Pakistani men. So ....

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

We should not be in a competition to prove who is worse . Its a non productive discourse.
Aim is to make the world outside our homes more women friendly. Treat them like normal human beings.

No it is very clear that you haven't read the article. You are more towards targeting her personality rather than interested in accepting that yes there are Pakistani Muslim men who do target females ........... these men can be anywhere and anyone............. ranging from neighborhood, outside women colleges, in offices to on roads. And this woman has rightly pointed to the problem.

If you think that her pointing to this social evil is being un Islamic of her than I don't know what to say but pity us.

PROVOCATIVE DRESS INVITES RAPE, SAYS AP POLICE CHIEF

VENKATA RAMANA | Sat, 31 Dec 2011-08:00am , Hyderabad , DNA

In a mind-your-attire-like statement, the police chief of Andhra Pradesh has attributed the increase in crime against women to the dress they wear.

Claiming that the modern women are more vulnerable to rape, AP’s director general of police V Dinesh Reddy said provocative dress of women was one of the reasons for the incidence of rape, and police have no control over that.

Reddy was responding to a set of queries raised by the media on the rise in number of rape cases in the state during 2011.

Andhra Pradesh reported 1,291 rape cases till November this year against 1,228 during the corresponding period last year and 1,147 in 2009.

Reddy also referred to his experience in his own village in coastal Nellore district where, he said, women wore dresses that covered their entire body.

“Now, wealth has increased, corporate styles have seeped into the villages bringing in liquor and other cosmopolitan cultures. These modern women are more vulnerable to rapes,” he said.

According to him, the police have little role to play in the unfolding of unfortunate events when the women wear provocative dresses.

The number of rapes and murders in Andhra Pradesh rose significantly during 2011. There were about 2,522 murders reported till November 2011 as against 2,465 in 2010 and 2,381 in 2009.

While addressing both the issues together, Reddy said two major crimes were linked to social factors and the police were not to blame.

When questioned what solution he would suggest to bring down the incidence of rapes, Reddy said, “We will cross the bridge when we reach there.”

I see Pakistani males, some of them at least, getting very defensive here. A Pakistani woman has rightly or wrongly shown the mirror to her country men. Why must we Indian men be pulled into the discussion? To be honest, rapes or eve teasing or not, there is very little doubt in my mind who has an easier more equal and more liberated life between a Hindu woman and her Muslim counterpart. Yes I am basing this assessment mainly on what I see in India and read and hear and see from around the world. And Pakistan might well be a completely liberated gender equal oasis in this all. It it may not. Either way the woman in question is not speaking about Indian men. But Pakistani men. So ....

So if I was indian I won't try to comment pretending all is well in my society and as if this is something that only happens in Pakistan. Simple

PROVOCATIVE DRESS INVITES RAPE, SAYS AP POLICE CHIEF

VENKATA RAMANA | Sat, 31 Dec 2011-08:00am , Hyderabad , DNA

In a mind-your-attire-like statement, the police chief of Andhra Pradesh has attributed the increase in crime against women to the dress they wear.

Claiming that the modern women are more vulnerable to rape, AP’s director general of police V Dinesh Reddy said provocative dress of women was one of the reasons for the incidence of rape, and police have no control over that.

Reddy was responding to a set of queries raised by the media on the rise in number of rape cases in the state during 2011.

Andhra Pradesh reported 1,291 rape cases till November this year against 1,228 during the corresponding period last year and 1,147 in 2009.

Reddy also referred to his experience in his own village in coastal Nellore district where, he said, women wore dresses that covered their entire body.

“Now, wealth has increased, corporate styles have seeped into the villages bringing in liquor and other cosmopolitan cultures. These modern women are more vulnerable to rapes,” he said.

According to him, the police have little role to play in the unfolding of unfortunate events when the women wear provocative dresses.

The number of rapes and murders in Andhra Pradesh rose significantly during 2011. There were about 2,522 murders reported till November 2011 as against 2,465 in 2010 and 2,381 in 2009.

While addressing both the issues together, Reddy said two major crimes were linked to social factors and the police were not to blame.

When questioned what solution he would suggest to bring down the incidence of rapes, Reddy said, “We will cross the bridge when we reach there.”
This is a 5 year old statement, i am sure things have worsened since, I am reproducing it here because I feel there is a DIRECT RELATIONSHIP between women's dress and rate of rapes because of natural reasons.

And Asimkhan do you agree with the police chief . That wearing jeans or skirts leads to more rapes , that we men are basically animals and have no control on our actions.
My last post on this topic.

No it is very clear that you haven't read the article. You are more towards targeting her personality rather than interested in accepting that yes there are Pakistani Muslim men who do target females ........... these men can be anywhere and anyone............. ranging from neighborhood, outside women colleges, in offices to on roads. And this woman has rightly pointed to the problem.

If you think that her pointing to this social evil is being un Islamic of her than I don't know what to say but pity us.
If a woman is frequently attacked will it not be normal to check her behavior as well ?

Won't it mean there is something wrong with men of that society?
lol, we will live in same society (I assume you are in Pakistan and in one of the Major cities i.e. Karachi, Lahore, Isb, Hyd, Fsd, Pesh and Qta) I have never seen one particular woman being targeted by all the perverts.

Won't it mean there is something wrong with men of that society?
of course MEERA type girls are an exception

And Asimkhan do you agree with the police chief . That wearing jeans or skirts leads to more rapes , that we men are basically animals and have no control on our actions.
My last post on this topic.
I am a researcher and research is based on facts proven by data. If Police Chief (who must be putting in 40 years of experience) says so, I have no reasons to doubt him

lol, we will live in same society (I assume you are in Pakistan and in one of the Major cities i.e. Karachi, Lahore, Isb, Hyd, Fsd, Pesh and Qta) I have never seen one particular woman being targeted by all the perverts.

of course MEERA type girls are an exception

What can I say ............. may be you don't know your society well then. At least you accepted that there are perverts.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom