What's new

An Indian perception about new arms for Pakistan Navy

Because a reasonable deterrence on the part of Pakistan keeps the Indians in line and prevents them from becoming too belligerent against Pakistan. Secondly, the US policy currently is to allow both sides to get what they want within a reasonable limit. If India is allowed to get a nuclear deal which indirectly helps build up Indian nuclear weapons stockpiles, why is a similar deal to equip the PAF or PN causing such heartburn?

Who is India going to use this nuclear stockpile against? It has to be either Pakistan or China.

Another case of Indians feeling sorry for themselves without realizing that they are also getting a lot of stuff which can and will probably be used only against Pakistan.

Every nation objects to buildup across the border. Why single out India?

This article's not worth my time. But the only point I want raise is the one raised by Haider sir. It's a policy of America to sell one party a system and then selling it's cure to the other and vice versa but they can't be blamed. This is an excellent policy fianancially and benefits their country.

I agree with spurdozer's point. The U.S. is selling military hardwary and other high-tech systems to both countries only so as to attain a bargaining chip with both countries. As long as both countries are dependant on the U.S. for key military or civilian equipment, the americans can always squeeze our b***s if either our us (Pakistan or India) tries to be beligerent vis-a-vis the other. This is how they intend to keep both our countries in line folks, so both of us need to get used to this 'double-dealing' by the U.S.

The only concern is China's growing influence on Pakistan. If Pakistan moves out of America's sphere of influence and into China's then the Americans lose the 'bargaining chip' with the Pakistanis and that's when we Indians need to crib 'OH S***!'. But I think that scenario can be handled easily by the americans by manipulating the Taiwanese equation.

it is likely that at some point of time the Pakistan Navy may want to take on the US Navy

LOL Now this is funny

:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall: I should have listened to my Advisor (My brain) to invest in indians drug maker that makes Gavascon i be a billion air :rofl::undecided:

these sales help smooth cooperation on afghanistan, obviously.

the article seems to be wildly off the mark.

After the Taliban Air Force, time to battle the Taliban Navy

March 2009

With the recent revelation that the US administration has instructed GE to defer plans to operationalise engines for an Indian Navy frigate programme, it is time to look at how it is proceeding with plans to arm the Pakistan Navy with equipment that can only be utilised against India, writes Rajiv Singh.

Conclusion
The right of a nation to arm itself is a sovereign one and no objections can be taken on that score. What we need to look at is the reason why the US is persisting with its cold war strategy of propping up Pakistan militarily against India.
domain-b.com : After the Taliban Air Force, time to battle the Taliban Navy

This article looks like someone's product in a hurry to meet a deadline. Makes no sense what so ever.

Regards,
Anoop.

WHO IS THIS RAJIV SINGH ? AND WHAT IS WITH THIS GREAT WEB SITE : DOMAIN b. com?????
A certain unknown somebody who can be anybody giving his some comment on some unknown website???
Do we even need to value such comments ?

That is not definite, but India would almost definitely have attacked Pakistan in 2002, if Pakistan had not possessed nukes.

Oh yes, you most likely had talks with AK Antony back then and he can confirm your claim?
Puleeeaassee..:blah:

Indians are kids :P i laugh whn i remember their channels also

This article is trying to suggest that the PA, PN etc. is Taliban centric. It's ironic and funny that many Indians believe that whatever capability Pakistan acquires is meant to be used against the Taliban. Even more hilarious is that some argue that whatever India acquires isn't meant against Pakistan. Of course, in the wake of regional military expansion Pakistan cannot afford to sit idle. Indeed, most of the hardware is meant to keep any aggressor in check. That also includes India. Isn't it naive to believe that Pakistan shouldn't neutralize the Indian threat? The whole notion that the aqcuisiton of F-16s or U-214s etc. is tied with the WoT is misleading and inaccurate.

Last edited:
what? PN is taliban Navy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, this guy is on serious smoke, thats why i wonder indian public is so agianst pakistan forces and ISI, coz of these junk articles.

pathetic effort. long live these type of indian writers,they will only bring india to disaster as they will never get the people of india, to understand the root causes and realities

actually babur the US defines and justifies its sale of military hardware to "strengthen" PA/PAF's ability to continue the war on terror although I agree that they are gaining leverage by providing hardware to both sides. opportunistic fungus they are

Back
Top Bottom