What's new

An Indian develops 1000000000000 Frames/Second Photography.

^^^
Apart from the Indian connection to this work, there is the MIT connection also which ought to be noted. Harold Edgerton of MIT's Electrical Dept. invented the electronic flash which actually started off this work.
Then there was another Professor from MIT's electrical Dept. and an Indian BTW, Amar Gopal Bose who set up Bose Corp. of Bose Speakers fame.

And incidentally, while India does not recognise Dual Citizenship (with good reasons), many of these Indians abroad have PIO Cards (with their naturalised Citizenship of the country of residence). This gives many of the benefits of dual citizenship without the pitfalls, as Pakistan is finding out.
Rehman Malik is British as Husain Haqqani (Pakistan's erstwhile ambassador to USA) is American as also so many others in prominent places or holding public office in Pakistan.
PIO Cards will also enable these Persons of Indian Origin to reclaim their citizenship in India if they choose to. Many are doing that now with the changes in India.

But Dual Citizenship is a "No-No". One can't sail in two boats at the same time!

Well, you are looking at it from the Prism of Pakistan. But take a look at Israel? There a few countries that offer it. And in Pakistan;s case, I don;t believe the dual citizenship had any effect on the country's downfall. It was greed/corruption more than anything else. There are folks like me who never had a choice to decide their faith. In order to be an INdian citizen today, you must reside in India for 20 yrs. Very easy for someone like Sonia Gandhi, since all of our resources go to support her lifestyle
Well the day Indian citizens have ethics as comparable to the Israel's we can implement this dual citizen thingy!
To be a Indian citizen you need to live in India for 7 years not 20 years and I know some one personally who gave their American citizenship and took Indian citizenship (although it was back in the 1970's).

I may not be a soldier on physical borders but me and my frnds are vigilantes on technological borders. The guy who just did that is from my home state. Today I feel more proud than anything b4.

May in nxt decade members will post something about like this with my real name and my D.pk handle beside it !!

They will eventually return, how many of you remember Sam Pitroda and his contribution in Indian infrastructure and technology?

^^^
Apart from the Indian connection to this work, there is the MIT connection also which ought to be noted. Harold Edgerton of MIT's Electrical Dept. invented the electronic flash which actually started off this work.
Then there was another Professor from MIT's electrical Dept. and an Indian BTW, Amar Gopal Bose who set up Bose Corp. of Bose Speakers fame.

And incidentally, while India does not recognise Dual Citizenship (with good reasons), many of these Indians abroad have PIO Cards (with their naturalised Citizenship of the country of residence). This gives many of the benefits of dual citizenship without the pitfalls, as Pakistan is finding out.
Rehman Malik is British as Husain Haqqani (Pakistan's erstwhile ambassador to USA) is American as also so many others in prominent places or holding public office in Pakistan.
PIO Cards will also enable these Persons of Indian Origin to reclaim their citizenship in India if they choose to. Many are doing that now with the changes in India.

But Dual Citizenship is a "No-No". One can't sail in two boats at the same time!

Once an Indian, always an Indian. That is Indian Magic :D

Why dint we have an eye to spot people like him in our country, just let them allllll go.

Why dint we have an eye to spot people like him in our country, just let them allllll go.
We don't have many world class research institutes and that amount of funding to keep these people in India.

Its time we increase our % of gdp invested in research....

Its not about spotting them... rather providing them opportunities to pursue their field of interest. this is evident in how many non-computer science/IT engineers are being employed in the IT/ITES industry? If they had stuck to their core fields, how much difference could they have brought to their respective domains... just a point to imagine... and sigh.

Don't worry too much about it. He went there and acquired knowledge and skills in greater measure and faster than he might have in India.That is a reality. May be one day he will come back and contribute majorly in India, you can be quite savvy about that. And India will then even be able to offer facilities suitable for his work. India still lacks, especially in Applied Sciences.

BTW, Raskar's alma-mater COEP (College of Engineering, Pune) has a very active and productive Alumni Assoc. operating in USA who are funding and mentoring work in COEP over many years. Raskar may well be a part of that initiative already. :)
There are similar efforts already up and running by IIT Alumni and other institutions already.

India has'nt lost much; actually India has lost nothing. The investments in this "human capital" has already begun to pay dividends.

Most amazing part in the video is at 9:25, where one can see the relativistic effect as the waves appear to go outwards even before the photons should have hit the camera!

It is a time travel into the past, since the speed of light is in the air surpasses the speed of light inside the liquid in that bottle. Technically speaking, it is collection of information from the future.

Back
Top Bottom