What's new

An Important question to all Chinese

Abdi-Karim Elmi

Reaction score
What would you thought of China being in it's present day situation if you were alive in the 1970s ? Would have you dissmised the notion of China being a Superpower or the second largest economy? Where do you China is heading in the future? Powerful and full of scientific endevors?

I was very young in the 1970s. China's performance has exceeded all of my expectations.

Deng Xiaoping had only hoped China would achieve a $2,000 per-capita GDP by 2020. This year, China will have a nominal $5,899 per-capita GDP. China is ten years ahead of Deng Xiaoping's most optimistic projection.

1. I was fortunate to see Taiwan industrialize before my eyes (during the 1980s and 1990s) when I returned to periodically visit.

2. I was lucky to see the United States at the zenith of its power in the 1970s and 1980s. It was the "land of milk and honey" and not the highly indebted country that we see today.

3. China has industrialized non-stop for 30 years. It has traversed the same road as Taiwan, but on an unimaginable scale. (I was in China during the 1990s on business and saw miles of cranes firsthand.)

I feel like one of the luckiest people in the world, because I saw history unfolding in all three regions with my own eyes.

Short of a global thermonuclear war or extinction-level asteroid strike, nothing can prevent China from becoming the world's largest economy (circa 2020) and the most powerful military (circa 2030 or 2040).

----------

References:

http://books.google.com/books?id=259WHxBah2wC&pg=PA2&lpg=PA2&dq=deng+xiaoping+china+%22$2,000+gdp+in+2020%22&source=bl&ots=S2PJ7SGuvk&sig=9lmAp3EEIngRfwfIU5JPiwMLiiU&hl=en&sa=X&ei=XAAtUKWAE4Tt0gGv5IHADg&ved=0CEgQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=deng%20xiaoping%20china%20%22%242%2C000%20gdp%20in%202020%22&f=false

List of countries by past and future GDP (nominal) per capita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What would you thought of China being in it's present day situation if you were alive in the 1970s ? Would have you dissmised the notion of China being a Superpower or the second largest economy? Where do you China is heading in the future? Powerful and full of scientific endevors?

Forget about 1970.

If someone told me that China would be the largest energy consumer in 2000, I would have laughed back then.

But here it is.

Enemies of China should be very worried. :lol:

DNNQE.png

I was very young in the 1970s. China's performance has exceeded all of my expectations.

Deng Xiaoping had only hoped China would achieve a $2,000 per-capita GDP by 2020. This year, China will have a nominal $5,899 per-capita GDP. China is ten years ahead of Deng Xiaoping's most optimistic projection.

1. I was fortunate to see Taiwan industrialize before my eyes (during the 1980s and 1990s) when I returned to periodically visit.

2. I was lucky to see the United States at the zenith of its power in the 1970s and 1980s. It was the "land of milk and honey" and not the highly indebted country that we see today.

3. China has industrialized non-stop for 30 years. It has traversed the same road as Taiwan, but on an unimaginable scale. (I was in China during the 1990s on business and saw miles of cranes firsthand.)

I feel like one of the luckiest people in the world, because I saw history unfolding in all three regions with my own eyes.

Short of a global thermonuclear war or extinction-level asteroid strike, nothing can prevent China from becoming the world's largest economy (circa 2020) and the most powerful military (circa 2030 or 2040).

----------

References:

http://books.google.com/books?id=259WHxBah2wC&pg=PA2&lpg=PA2&dq=deng+xiaoping+china+%22$2,000+gdp+in+2020%22&source=bl&ots=S2PJ7SGuvk&sig=9lmAp3EEIngRfwfIU5JPiwMLiiU&hl=en&sa=X&ei=XAAtUKWAE4Tt0gGv5IHADg&ved=0CEgQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=deng%20xiaoping%20china%20%22%242%2C000%20gdp%20in%202020%22&f=false

List of countries by past and future GDP (nominal) per capita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think that China will displace the US as the world's foremost military power by 2030.

Of course, it's economy should be around 3 times as large and China will easily dominate world affairs then.

:china:

So an Iran war would benifit the Rise China! Iraq wasted 3 trillion of US tax money and caused toxic bond to be shipped of to EU. Imagine a de industrial power full dept going to bigget war.

When I was looking at some old pictures of Shanghai of the early eighties all I saw were bicycles everywhere and no cars around. The few bridges that were around packed with two wheelers in the morning commutes. People, men and women alike, dressed in dull blue grey and they didn't look promising.

When I visited China with my parents the following year to a small village off Shenzhen proper, which in itself was a small village of a few thousand residents, the special economic zone was just began. From what I observed people were improvised and very poor.

Today Shenzhen is a city of ten millions and with modern tall scrappers that outshines New York. Fancy automobiles take the places of bicycles in Shanghai and people dress in high fashions that are comparable to any modern cities in the world. But none of these impresses me as much the people are no long worry about where their next meal come from.

For the last three decades China, literally, brought more than one billion people out of poverty.

The next step China should continue the job of poverty reduction, spends on economical and military infrastructures to ensure the safeties and prosperity of her 1.3 billion people.

When I was looking at some old pictures of Shanghai of the early eighties all I saw were bicycles everywhere and no cars around. The few bridges that were around packed with two wheelers in the morning commutes. People, men and women alike, dressed in dull blue grey and they didn't look promising.

Shanghai 1990 vs 2010.

shanghaibeforeandafter1.jpg

The US, on the other hand, can't even rebuild the One World Trade Center for the ten year anniversary of 9/11.

Shanghai 1990 vs 2010.

shanghaibeforeandafter1.jpg

The US, on the other hand, can't even rebuild the One World Trade Center for the ten year anniversary of 9/11.

The Freedom tower is near completion, the reason for the long delays was due to the complex legal problems before building or construction could begin on the site. Other aspects like the master design of the building also weighed in...

WOW. Asian Work Ethics at its best. I hope my country learns from China

Not to be offensive but skyscrapers are shyt , they fwck up the city imo , unless the city was undeveloped before and no historical value , imagine Rome and Istanbul with so many skyscrapers , they can build it but it would look pure shyt , fwck up the historical buildings , i would rather want either Pure nice historical looking buildings or Pure financial looking skyscraper buildings.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom