What's new

An Artist in Exile Tests India’s Democratic Ideals

I would agree with vindoh and flintock, if you're governement and courts think the same. It would be a bit disingenuous for us "outsiders" to go around lording it over Bharatiyas, over an issue that their supreme court has been so outspoken about.

It is Vinod, though obviously it was a typo.

But I have seen you write "Vinodh" often enough for it to be a typo always. I guess that is how it would be spelled in the Western and Southern parts of India as per the norms of pronunciation there.

I am a North Indian and I suspect that you come from a Western or Southern Indian background.

i think these kind of images damage parts of humen mind.who some one kiss like this ?

I am impressed. This thread has managed to go through 6 pages in 2 hours.

I also put up an article on the first page on a banned film on Sikkim. India also bans artistic works on political grounds.

A person writing/painting about his own religion is one thing but someone else writing about another is totally different. Pakistanis would/might be ok with another pakistani writing some not so nice stuff about pakistan regarding it as constructive criticism or different view but would be up in arms if an indian said the same thing. And it is understandable.

Is this so difficult for some people to comprehend this thing or people acting plain stupid. Finally if you want to start to show that a muslims painting a hindu god is alright then stop acting retarded when someone paints a mohammed. Painting nude is outright despicable and does it take so much intelligence for one to understand it?

As for painting mohammed it is banned to paint it in islam. When was it banned in other religions to paint a mohammed? Or does islam also dictate what others should do? After all mohammed isnt being painted nude is it?

As for the poster its better he worries about the secularism in his country. Things not looking too good there. Case of pot calling the kettle black.

As for the poster its better he worries about the secularism in his country. Things not looking too good there. Case of pot calling the kettle black.

Well if people expect India to behave better than their own countries, I guess that is to be taken as a compliment.

And I do agree that India has to hold herself to a higher standard than her neighbors and be something that the progressive elements of the neighboring countries can look up to and aspire to be.

So nothing wrong there. Carry on the good work, Mr. Munshi.

And I do agree that India has to hold herself to a higher standard than her neighbors and be something that the progressive elements of the neighboring countries can look up to and aspire to be.

So nothing wrong there. Carry on the good work, Mr. Munshi.

Thank you. I certainly will but not in aid of these progressive elements who wear the garb of secularism but are just compromising on Bangladesh security and interests in favour of India. If they like India so much they should go there. They have taken in Taslima Nasreen they can take a few more of these types who are actually quite talentless and feed off controversy.

Deal with your problems yourselves India already has lots of illegal immigrant ***** at least show respect to your own citizens or writers.

Thank you. I certainly will but not in aid of these progressive elements who wear the garb of secularism but are just compromising on Bangladesh security and interests in favour of India. If they like India so much they should go there. They have taken in Taslima Nasreen they can take a few more of these types who are actually quite talentless and feed off controversy.

Already we have so many (the illegal ones). You first take them back. Then we will see about others.

^^ Well they seem to have passed the first litmus test: the progressive elements are always despised by the regressive ones.

No, thank you!

Glad to know that you are just as big a hypocrite as I suspected!

It is India that appears the hypocrite on this thread. You claim tolerance but you victimize a Muslim artist.

It is India that appears the hypocrite on this thread. You claim tolerance but you victimize a Muslim artist.

It seems your comprehension is weak. If you read the complete thread, you will realize that it has nothing to do with artist's religion and it is about what he did.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom